Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(04-30-2020, 11:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 10:28 AM)Gabe Wrote: Self-fulfilling prophecy? These surges of CV19 cases, if/when they do happen, won't occur because the media anticipated it. 

It's a practical prediction based on human behavior mixed in with CV19 communicability, not a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It is when the MSM turns around and starts screaming "I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN! WHY OH WHY DIDN'T YOU RUBES LISTEN TO OUR BRILLIANT DISCOURSE ON VIROLOGY AND COMMUNICABLE DISEASES???? NOW WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE AGAIN!!!!! AND IT'S ALL DRUMP"S FAULT!!!! BBBWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Your mask is beginning to slip. You are full on Fox News trumpette at this point.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-30-2020, 11:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 10:28 AM)Gabe Wrote: Self-fulfilling prophecy? These surges of CV19 cases, if/when they do happen, won't occur because the media anticipated it. 

It's a practical prediction based on human behavior mixed in with CV19 communicability, not a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It is when the MSM turns around and starts screaming "I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN! WHY OH WHY DIDN'T YOU RUBES LISTEN TO OUR BRILLIANT DISCOURSE ON VIROLOGY AND COMMUNICABLE DISEASES???? NOW WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE AGAIN!!!!! AND IT'S ALL DRUMP"S FAULT!!!! BBBWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"
See below, FSG. Understand terminology before using it to make a point. 
(04-30-2020, 03:48 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 11:48 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Read for content.

Here's some content for you. Learn you something, as you love to tell me.

I'll play you in ping pong. 

On a lighter note, my wife finally tested negative for CV19.

Our best guess is that she contracted it in the few days before she first tested (March 18), as opposed to what we originally thought that she had it in the first week of March. Up until this past week, she'd had some symptoms off & on. However, we'll never know for certain. Regardless, she's going to be donating plasma next week

(05-01-2020, 08:54 AM)Gabe Wrote: On a lighter note, my wife finally tested negative for CV19.

Our best guess is that she contracted it in the few days before she first tested (March 18), as opposed to what we originally thought that she had it in the first week of March. Up until this past week, she'd had some symptoms off & on. However, we'll never know for certain. Regardless, she's going to be donating plasma next week

That’s awesome.  Glad you guys are better!

Great news!

(05-01-2020, 08:54 AM)Gabe Wrote: On a lighter note, my wife finally tested negative for CV19.

Good news to hear!

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2020, 10:47 AM by Gabe.)

Thanks guys - it just seems more believable, despite all we still don't know about CV19, that she had it for 6 weeks vs. 9-10. But who knows? We feel fortunate nonetheless

(05-01-2020, 10:47 AM)Gabe Wrote: Thanks guys - it just seems more believable, despite all we still don't know about CV19, that she had it for 6 weeks vs. 9-10. But who knows? We feel fortunate nonetheless

I'm so happy that this is behind u guys!

I can't remember if it was linked here or not, but I was reading an article about why some people test positive for longer or even seem to "relapse."

You might find this reassuring:

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavi...rts-2020-4

On a political note, I find it annoying that this story isn't gaining more traction, as it is pretty good news. I had to adjust search criteria in Google to find it.

(05-01-2020, 12:29 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 10:47 AM)Gabe Wrote: Thanks guys - it just seems more believable, despite all we still don't know about CV19, that she had it for 6 weeks vs. 9-10. But who knows? We feel fortunate nonetheless

I'm so happy that this is behind u guys!

Thanks and same, JJ. 

I've said it before to JIB, but things like this make me understand and appreciate that while I may have a different political view/perspective from most of you (and we take turns digging at one another), we're all human, mostly American, and mostly continue to be fans of a football franchise that continuously emotionally abuses us, despite us knowing it's going to happen.

(05-01-2020, 12:35 PM)Last42min Wrote: I can't remember if it was linked here or not, but I was reading an article about why some people test positive for longer or even seem to "relapse."

You might find this reassuring:

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavi...rts-2020-4

On a political note, I find it annoying that this story isn't gaining more traction, as it is pretty good news. I had to adjust search criteria in Google to find it.

I guessed this was the case, that the PCR was finding old, inactive virus.  Thanks for digging up the confirmation!
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-01-2020, 12:46 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 12:29 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I'm so happy that this is behind u guys!

Thanks and same, JJ. 

I've said it before to JIB, but things like this make me understand and appreciate that while I may have a different political view/perspective from most of you (and we take turns digging at one another), we're all human, mostly American, and mostly continue to be fans of a football franchise that continuously emotionally abuses us, despite us knowing it's going to happen.

This news brings joy from me and my procreative mate to yours, fellow earthl...humans. 

We are from France.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcR8LIEbFQruqP-irNmgg...O&usqp=CAU]

Terrific, I am happy for you both. Do something quiet and reflective together to cherish this.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-30-2020, 06:10 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 11:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It is when the MSM turns around and starts screaming "I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN! WHY OH WHY DIDN'T YOU RUBES LISTEN TO OUR BRILLIANT DISCOURSE ON VIROLOGY AND COMMUNICABLE DISEASES???? NOW WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE AGAIN!!!!! AND IT'S ALL DRUMP"S FAULT!!!! BBBWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Your mask is beginning to slip. You are full on Fox News trumpette at this point.

Oh please Fox is doing the same thing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I think we can halve the reported number of COVID deaths and be much closer to the truth.

[Image: BBV1kCp.jpg]

(05-02-2020, 07:20 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I think we can halve the reported number of COVID deaths and be much closer to the truth.

Or perhaps what that shows is that social distancing works on a lot of diseases, and not just Covid-19.

That graph should only include stuff doctors believe are induced by Covid-19. Remove accidents, homicides, etc, and include the stuff that would play out with or without Covid. To be fair, we also need to discount all frivolous Covid deaths. If someone was already on their death bed when they caught it, it shouldn't count. Same with accidents and other deaths that are unnecessarily being attributed to Covid. There is a hidden gap there, but the above chart doesn't prove it.

(05-02-2020, 08:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 07:20 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I think we can halve the reported number of COVID deaths and be much closer to the truth.

Or perhaps what that shows is that social distancing works on a lot of diseases, and not just Covid-19.

Yeah, sure. Social distance yourself out of cancer or a stroke. Geez, why didnt we think of that sooner?

(05-02-2020, 08:35 AM)Last42min Wrote: That graph should only include stuff doctors believe are induced by Covid-19. Remove accidents, homicides, etc, and include the stuff that would play out with or without Covid. To be fair, we also need to discount all frivolous Covid deaths. If someone was already on their death bed when they caught it, it shouldn't count. Same with accidents and other deaths that are unnecessarily being attributed to Covid. There is a hidden gap there, but the above chart doesn't prove it.

You really don't think All Other Causes is down 50%, right?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2020, 09:02 AM by The Real Marty.)

(05-02-2020, 08:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-02-2020, 08:01 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Or perhaps what that shows is that social distancing works on a lot of diseases, and not just Covid-19.

Yeah, sure. Social distance yourself out of cancer or a stroke. Geez, why didnt we think of that sooner?

Yeah, I knew someone would say that, but there was a whole bunch of stuff lumped together without specifying how much each of those things had declined from one year to the next.   Flu and homicide in the same stat?  What the heck do homicide and accidents have to do with Covid-19?  Did someone get shot and hauled to he hospital where he was pronounced dead from Covid-19?  Couldn't one also safely assume that social distancing would result in a decline in flu deaths?