Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(05-21-2020, 06:59 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 01:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "How someone views themselves" is not science.

Neither is "transgendered people are mentally ill".

Transgenderism itself is a mental illness and the root of several others including depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Whether or not it can be cured is a different matter, but hey, keep on thinking that men who believe they're women and women who believe they are men don't some issue going on in their wiring.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-22-2020, 08:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 06:59 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Neither is "transgendered people are mentally ill".

Transgenderism itself is a mental illness and the root of several others including depression, anxiety, and suicidal thoughts and tendencies. Whether or not it can be cured is a different matter, but hey, keep on thinking that men who believe they're women and women who believe they are men don't some issue going on in their wiring.

Thank you for recognizing transgenderism for what it is, a mental illness.

The clinical term is "gender disphoria" and it is classified in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5) as a mental illness.

Don't tell Amy Klobuchar HCQ is not effective.
But now that the secret is out that it saved her husband's life, Joe will cross her off the VP list.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breakin...ands-life/

(05-22-2020, 10:13 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Don't tell Amy Klobuchar HCQ is not effective.  
But now that the secret is out that it saved her husband's life, Joe will cross her off the VP list.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breakin...ands-life/

[Image: Joe-Biden-998x698.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-22-2020, 09:41 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/article...3620311806

Didn't include zinc.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-22-2020, 01:01 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 09:41 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/article...3620311806

Didn't include zinc.

Why would you include zinc in a study to isolate the performance of another drug

(05-24-2020, 06:47 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 01:01 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Didn't include zinc.

Why would you include zinc in a study to isolate the performance of another drug

Because the HCQ works in combination with the zinc. The hypothesis is that HCQ increases the concentration of free zinc inside cells, and the zinc disrupts the viral replication process.

Note that a portion of the tests did include antibiotics along with HCQ, so the scientists running the tests recognized that maybe HCQ alone was not enough.

Not that I would give much credence to anything The Lancet publishes these days. It has become politicized like every other publication.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-24-2020, 07:32 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 06:47 AM)JackCity Wrote: Why would you include zinc in a study to isolate the performance of another drug

Because the HCQ works in combination with the zinc. The hypothesis is that HCQ increases the concentration of free zinc inside cells, and the zinc disrupts the viral replication process.

Note that a portion of the tests did include antibiotics along with HCQ, so the scientists running the tests recognized that maybe HCQ alone was not enough.

Not that I would give much credence to anything The Lancet publishes these days. It has become politicized like every other publication.

Also, in this case i would like to actually see the methodology they used to control for co-morbidities etc.  In most cases, HCQ and the family of treatments that we are debating are given to the sickest patients when they come in.  And 48 hours from admission doesn't mean 48 hours from testing positive or developing symptoms.

I ordered some of this herbal tincture, Artemisia Annua, also known as sweet wormwood.
The witch doctors in Madagascar have created an herbal tea to treat COVID-19 which has proven remarkably effective
The are exporting the concoction to other parts of Africa
Madagascar has 488 COVID-19 cases with 2 deaths.

Media: Trump stop showing up at task force briefings!

Media: Trump, stop playing golf and letting people die!

(05-24-2020, 06:47 AM)JackCity Wrote: Why would you include zinc in a study to isolate the performance of another drug

You are far better off to get results for each of them in a vacuum before doing comparison study.

(05-24-2020, 09:49 AM)JackCity Wrote:

You are far better off to get results for each of them in a vacuum before doing comparison study.

"We're doing a randomized trial so you have a 50% chance of not getting the drug that shows a lot of promise in keeping people alive. If the treatment works but you die because you were on the placebo ... well SCIENCE is more important than your life."

(05-24-2020, 10:04 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 09:49 AM)JackCity Wrote: You are far better off to get results for each of them in a vacuum before doing comparison study.

"We're doing a randomized trial so you have a 50% chance of not getting the drug that shows a lot of promise in keeping people alive. If the treatment works but you die because you were on the placebo ... well SCIENCE is more important than your life."

This is why Trumps "right to try" is so critical.

(05-24-2020, 08:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Media: Trump  stop showing up at task force briefings!

Yeah if only you had a positive media like the Chinese or North Koreans.

(05-24-2020, 09:40 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 08:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Media: Trump  stop showing up at task force briefings!

We do. They work for the Establishment, which is usually the Dems but the Pubs on rare occasion.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2020, 08:01 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-24-2020, 09:40 PM)lastonealive Wrote:

Speaker of House: Trump,  you are morbidly obese.
Trump: <plays golf for exercise on memorial day weekend>
Media: Damn it man! People are dying! Get back in the White House!

BTW, we have the equivalent of state run media if you haven't been paying attention.

(05-24-2020, 10:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 09:40 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Yeah if only you had a positive media like the Chinese or North Koreans.

We do. They work for the Establishment, which is usually the Dems but the Pubs on rare occasion.

They don't work for the establishment Pubs either, although they occasionally tout one who criticizes another Pub.

They have also been working in support of the Chicoms, but not (yet) the Norks. Baby steps.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2020, 09:35 AM by mikesez.)

So I saw that the US is about to cross the threshold of 100,000 deaths. I went looking for context, how are other countries doing? I wouldn't compare us to repressive countries like Russia or China.
I found that we have much more deaths per million people than Germany, South Korea, and Taiwan. And I found that we have much less than France or Italy or Spain. Just spitballing, but it seems like the places that rely more on tourism have had a harder time quarantining.
Also, I seem to recall Germany was one of the first countries to mass produce tests after the virus genome came out. It seems like having a huge number of tests available right when the virus is just starting to spread is the ideal scenario. I remember reading that our CDC didn't want to follow Germany's example because they were afraid of the virus mutating. They wasted time trying to develop a test that could be adapted to mutations. And for some reason all of our private pharmaceutical companies didn't mobilize on developing tests right away. I don't think either of those things are necessarily Trump's fault, I mean maybe they are, but they seem like the kind of mistakes that might have happened under any President.
As much as everyone's going to make this political as we head into the election, I don't see the partisan angle.
I do see the need to get to the bottom of what went wrong here and make a better plan for next time.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.