Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

COVID-19 running out of control in Jacksonville and many restaurants in Jax Beach shutting back down

https://www.google.com/search?q=jacksonv...e&ie=UTF-8

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020...cleanings/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2020, 03:45 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

If Angie's goes out of business, where will the beach trash hang out?

(06-14-2020, 11:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: My mother is probably infected. She’s got the symptoms of it, and since she’s in Florida visiting my immuno-compromised sister, my sisters probably been infected too. Wear a [BLEEP] mask and don’t travel, people.

Hope you mom is ok dude

(06-17-2020, 03:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If Angie's goes out of business, where will the beach trash hang out?

(06-14-2020, 11:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: My mother is probably infected. She’s got the symptoms of it, and since she’s in Florida visiting my immuno-compromised sister, my sisters probably been infected too. Wear a [BLEEP] mask and don’t travel, people.

Hope you mom is ok dude

First off, Angie's was the only place worth going to after school let out. When I went to Fletcher...you know...20 years ago. [BLEEP] I got old.

Thanks. Sounds like she's at the worst of it now and will get through. I'm more worried about my sister, honestly.

(06-17-2020, 03:52 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 03:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If Angie's goes out of business, where will the beach trash hang out?

Hope you mom is ok dude

First off, Angie's was the only place worth going to after school let out. When I went to Fletcher...you know...20 years ago. [BLEEP] I got old.

Thanks. Sounds like she's at the worst of it now and will get through. I'm more worried about my sister, honestly.

I think it was built up so much for me before I ever went there that there was no way it could ever live up to the expectation I had in my head. Not to mention I could actually drink the sweet tea back in those days. 

Hope they get better!

(06-17-2020, 03:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: COVID-19 running out of control in Jacksonville and many restaurants in Jax Beach shutting back down

"Running out of control", lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-17-2020, 04:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 03:41 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: COVID-19 running out of control in Jacksonville and many restaurants in Jax Beach shutting back down

"Running out of control", lol.

AKA, someone got tested.

HURRICANE can't decide if the liberal in him wants to shut down the economy again or the capitalist in him doesn't want to see his portfolio tank.

LYnch's is back open, see ya'll there tonight!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 03:46 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-17-2020, 04:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: AKA, someone got tested.

HURRICANE can't decide if the liberal in him wants to shut down the economy again or the capitalist in him doesn't want to see his portfolio tank.

Keep it open !!!  Although, I did move our $$ into a mutual fund so if it crashes we could once again profit on the way back up.  

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47d9de4c2acb76e78292...=giphy.gif]

Coworker just popped positive waiting to find out if they shut the shop down for 2 weeks now
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(06-18-2020, 04:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Coworker just popped positive waiting to find out if they shut the shop down for 2 weeks now

For your sake I hope not.  Did your coworker have symptoms and get tested?  Is he or she considered "high risk"?  What about you and the rest of your employees?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 02:45 PM by EricC85.)

(06-18-2020, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 04:54 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Coworker just popped positive waiting to find out if they shut the shop down for 2 weeks now

For your sake I hope not.  Did your coworker have symptoms and get tested?  Is he or she considered "high risk"?  What about you and the rest of your employees?

Worked with him on Tuesday didn’t notice anything. Wednesday morning call me before work with a few symptoms no fever. Told him to be safe stay home I’ll pay him two sick days so he would be off that day and then symptom free Thursday come back to work Friday. Apparently he got worse not better Thursday and got a same day test referral called me Thursday evening to tell me he tested positive.

Kind of annoyed at the company’s response they had us open as normal today. At lunch time called a conference meeting with corporate and sAid close the shop up this afternoon as early as possible. We clean go home and come back tomorrow

What qualifies a group of mechanics to disinfect and how do we know when it’s clean enough? They told my staff it’s my call when we’ve clean enough, I have zero medical or cleaning training I fix cars! Then they are not even recommending having anyone else tested? Are you serious? I thought we would at least have it professionally disinfected and then get the staff tested. Guess not

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 05:14 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(06-19-2020, 02:43 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 06:03 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: For your sake I hope not.  Did your coworker have symptoms and get tested?  Is he or she considered "high risk"?  What about you and the rest of your employees?

Worked with him on Tuesday didn’t notice anything. Wednesday morning call me before work with a few symptoms no fever. Told him to be safe stay home I’ll pay him two sick days so he would be off that day and then symptom free Thursday come back to work Friday. Apparently he got worse not better Thursday and got a same day test referral called me Thursday evening to tell me he tested positive.

Kind of annoyed at the company’s response they had us open as normal today. At lunch time called a conference meeting with corporate and sAid close the shop up this afternoon as early as possible. We clean go home and come back tomorrow

What qualifies a group of mechanics to disinfect and how do we know when it’s clean enough? They told my staff it’s my call when we’ve clean enough, I have zero medical or cleaning training I fix cars! Then they are not even recommending having anyone else tested? Are you serious? I thought we would at least have it professionally disinfected and then get the staff tested. Guess not

Stay safe Eric keep us posted on your employees and yourself.

So now Florida is becoming the next hot spot smh
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Are there such a thing as professional disinfectors? If not, get the money while it's hot!

I have suspected that we weren't actually hit that hard. I think people are letting their guards down just a bit too much. That said, the original goal was always to keep us from overwhelming the healthcare system, not to try to keep people from getting infected. At some point, we're going to have to tank it. If the rate starts rising too fast, we should probably do mandatory masks and continue social distancing, but I wouldn't shut down anything except maybe bars and entertainment.

Stay safe my man. Praying you and the fam don’t get it

So it’s really a strange time. Obviously hipa I can’t disclose to the staff who got the virus, nevertheless we have a meeting and it’s disclosed that someone in the shop got it. They tell us to shut down and clean whatever. Then they tell the guys to follow up with their doctors if they have medical concerns. Ok so my shop of 10 is already down to 8 since I have the one on leave who got the virus and another out for a different medical concern indefinitely. The 7 of them all decided they’re going to get tested, seems responsible I even thought ok I’ll go get checked after I wrap up these last two cars for the day.

Then I’m told if we decide to go get tested we can’t come back until we get results, we’ll since none of them have any symptoms they can’t even get tested until mid next week. Then we’re told it’ll be 5-10 days for results. If you test negative you can come back to work but you won’t get paid any sick time since you where not sick, the company doesn’t pay for fear of getting sick after all. If you test positive you can use whatever sick time you have but you can’t come back until you test negative and are symptom free for more than 24 hours.

4 of them said screw it I’ll take the time off and get tested if they don’t get paid so be it. I can’t do that I can’t miss 2 weeks so that leaves 3 of us staffing a 7 day 70 hours a week shop, I’m not sure how this is going to work?

Ugh 2020 keeps getting worse

I'm not a doctor, so take the following advice with a grain of salt: You are very unlikely to catch this virus if you're outdoors. If you're a mechanic, I am assuming most of your guys are working in a garage. As long as it's well ventilated, the virus gets pushed by air very easily. It is most easily transmitted in enclosed spaces, where people are breathing the same air in close proximity for extended periods of time. This is why bars are being hit hard, imo. They are probably getting drunk and failing to socially distance properly. If the dude isn't working at the front desk, your guys were probably not exposed enough for you to be concerned.

(06-19-2020, 09:23 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So it’s really a strange time. Obviously hipa I can’t disclose to the staff who got the virus, nevertheless we have a meeting and it’s disclosed that someone in the shop got it. They tell us to shut down and clean whatever. Then they tell the guys to follow up with their doctors if they have medical concerns. Ok so my shop of 10 is already down to 8 since I have the one on leave who got the virus and another out for a different medical concern indefinitely. The 7 of them all decided they’re going to get tested, seems responsible I even thought ok I’ll go get checked after I wrap up these last two cars for the day.

Then I’m told if we decide to go get tested we can’t come back until we get results, we’ll since none of them have any symptoms they can’t even get tested until mid next week. Then we’re told it’ll be 5-10 days for results. If you test negative you can come back to work but you won’t get paid any sick time since you where not sick, the company doesn’t pay for fear of getting sick after all. If you test positive you can use whatever sick time you have but you can’t come back until you test negative and are symptom free for more than 24 hours.

4 of them said screw it I’ll take the time off and get tested if they don’t get paid so be it. I can’t do that I can’t miss 2 weeks so that leaves 3 of us staffing a 7 day 70 hours a week shop, I’m not sure how this is going to work?

Wouldn't it just be smarter to get tested without telling them?

(06-19-2020, 09:34 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I'm not a doctor, so take the following advice with a grain of salt: You are very unlikely to catch this virus if you're outdoors. If you're a mechanic, I am assuming most of your guys are working in a garage. As long as it's well ventilated, the virus gets pushed by air very easily. It is most easily transmitted in enclosed spaces, where people are breathing the same air in close proximity for extended periods of time. This is why bars are being hit hard, imo. They are probably getting drunk and failing to socially distance properly. If the dude isn't working at the front desk, your guys were probably not exposed enough for you to be concerned.

I agree, I think the CDC will agree too, soon.
We should be much more cautious indoors than out.
Let's hope for good weather so people are amenable to hanging out outdoors.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-19-2020, 09:35 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 09:23 PM)EricC85 Wrote: So it’s really a strange time. Obviously hipa I can’t disclose to the staff who got the virus, nevertheless we have a meeting and it’s disclosed that someone in the shop got it. They tell us to shut down and clean whatever. Then they tell the guys to follow up with their doctors if they have medical concerns. Ok so my shop of 10 is already down to 8 since I have the one on leave who got the virus and another out for a different medical concern indefinitely. The 7 of them all decided they’re going to get tested, seems responsible I even thought ok I’ll go get checked after I wrap up these last two cars for the day.

Wouldn't it just be smarter to get tested without telling them?

yea why tell them you are getting tested?

(06-19-2020, 10:14 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 09:35 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Wouldn't it just be smarter to get tested without telling them?

yea why tell them you are getting tested?

Would only be a problem if it came back positive I guess?