Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-03-2020, 01:14 AM)jagfan0728 Wrote: https://twitter.com/sheAweirdotho/status...9322377217

The "cure" can't be worse than the problem, like with the lock downs fixing no long term problems and causing many, the aggressive and overuse of ventilators killing excess people,  and the obsessive spraying of disinfectants leading to significant increases in calls to poison control.

If you want to live in fear, no one is going to stop you.  Or... focus on increasing your immune health so that you don't have to live in fear and don't feel compelled to live in a bubble.

She gave herself pleurisy by breathing in her own exhalations? Lol dude.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol the fake post by the crazy anti-maskers.

What's next.....wearing a mask also causes HIV/AIDS, cancer, haemorrhoids, cleft palate?

I know the answer....buy more guns!!!!

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 07:46 AM by mal234.)

(07-03-2020, 01:14 AM)jagfan0728 Wrote: https://twitter.com/sheAweirdotho/status...9322377217

The "cure" can't be worse than the problem, like with the lock downs fixing no long term problems and causing many, the aggressive and overuse of ventilators killing excess people,  and the obsessive spraying of disinfectants leading to significant increases in calls to poison control.

If you want to live in fear, no one is going to stop you.  Or... focus on increasing your immune health so that you don't have to live in fear and don't feel compelled to live in a bubble.

I believe that post. I've seen people pass out/almost pass out due to wearing face masks at work. (And those weren't even people who wore them for long periods of time, but a short of period.)  A lot of people pushing wearing face masks are not people who have had to wear them for longer periods of time. Incidental face mask wearing for those who mostly sit/work at home and only wear them to places like stores is much different than having to deal with them several hours a day/week. Like those of us who have to work in them. It can have an impact on people and their health/respiratory systems. I highlighted the problems of that in my last post. 

If more people had to wear them 40+hours a week like those of us who deal with a lot of people at work/work in public places they would see some of the negative impacts of them. Of course you will have people who say they've been doing that for years (like medical professionals) and they have been fine, but everyone's body can't take wearing them for that long. I have personally felt the impact of having to wear them for longer periods of time, because they make you feel more fatigued/affect your respiratory system. And I'm healthy. I'm gotten more used to wearing them, but I did feel that impact especially earlier on when I start wearing them for a longer period of time. Exercise and strengthening my immune system has helped me deal with wearing them all of the time as well as all of the exposure I have at my job. 

That's not to say they aren't beneficial, but there can be problems with them, and I think those problems should be brought up.

I think we may see more stories like this when fall/winter happens. I'm concerned excessive face masking could cause more problems for people who work/may have to wear them going back to school.  During the winter time people get regular colds, and the flu and wearing masks can cause people noses to run and excessive sweating. That could be even worse if someone is dealing with a cold, or if they are stopped up/congested and have to wear a mask. 

I'm also concerned about the impact it could have on athletes if they are forced to wear them outside in hot weather conditions. I've seen the NFL propose some helmets to try and deal with COVID-19, that I think that a lot of athletes would pass out in. Hopefully they won't be forced to wear them or masks outside.

Basic common sense and decency isn't "living in fear." 

You can focus on immune health and still put a little piece of fabric over your face when you go into a store. 
It's called being a responsible adult. 

Please tell me you're aware that you can have a 100% immune system and still spread this virus without showing symptoms. You can. 

At this point wearing a mask in public has absolutely become an IQ test. 
Morons who refuse are laying bare their mental shortcomings.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 08:02 AM by The Real Marty.)

(07-03-2020, 07:02 AM)mal234 Wrote:

I believe that post. I've seen people pass out/almost pass out due to wearing face masks at work. (And those weren't even people who wore them for long periods of time, but a short of period.)  A lot of people pushing wearing face masks are not people who have had to wear them for longer periods of time. Incidental face mask wearing for those who mostly sit/work at home and only wear them to places like stores is much different than having to deal with them several hours a day/week. Like those of us who have to work in them. It can have an impact on people and their health/respiratory systems. I highlighted the problems of that in my last post. 

If more people had to wear them 40+hours a week like those of us who work in public places they would see some of the negative impacts of them. Of course you will have people who say they've been doing that for years (like medical professionals) and they have been "fine", but everyone's body can't take wearing them for that long. I have personally felt the impact of having to wear them for longer periods of time, because they make you feel more fatigued/affect your respiratory system. And I'm healthy and not old.I'm gotten more used to wearing them, but I did feel that impact especially earlier on when I start wearing them for a longer period of time. Exercise and strengthening my immune system has helped me deal with wearing them all of the time as well as all of the exposure I have at my job. 

That's not to say they aren't beneficial, but there can be problems with them, and I think those problems should be brought up.

I think we may see more stories like this when fall/winters happens. I'm concerned excessive face masking could cause more problems for people who work/may have to wear them going back to school.  During the winter time people get regular colds, and the flu and wearing masks can cause people noses to run and excessive sweating. That could be even worse if someone is dealing with a cold, or if they are stopped up/congested and have to wear a mask. 

I'm also concerned about the impact it could have on athletes if they are forced to wear them outside in hot weather conditions. I've seen the NFL propose some helmets to try and deal with COVID-19, that I think that a lot of athletes would pass out in. Hopefully they won't be forced to wear them outside.

Here's an easy solution: just pull the mask down below your nose.  It's not as good as having it over your nose, but at least you protect other people from what comes out of your mouth when you speak or cough.  And you are fulfilling the requirement to wear a mask if your company requires it.

Still, it's worth noting that people in other countries manage to wear masks, in some countries it is 100%, and yet so many Americans say they can't wear them.

Many stores allow their employees to wear face shields in place of mask.

Face shields are probably more effective since they protect your eyes. Eyes are often the landing spot for germs.

(07-03-2020, 09:51 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Face shields are probably more effective since they protect your eyes. Eyes are often the landing spot for germs.

Masks aren't for protecting the wearer,  remember? They flipped that narrative already.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Fair point.

The argument should stay consistent. Understanding the dynamics of air droplets mitigates your point to some degree, but nothing is perfect. I was reading some data that suggests we'd be better to drop the masks altogether to achieve herd immunity. Some good arguments were made.

I can't get behind mandatory masks because of the negative effects on otherwise healthy people.  Chronically depriving masses of people of oxygen is not the answer and will lower immunity.  Yes, masks in rare cases can cause infections from breathing in hot and humid air, especially if they are not washed consistently or properly.  In addition, there are reports of people passing out in cars and causing accidents.  I'm just tired of band aid solutions instead of getting to the root cause of problems like actually promoting immunity.

Dr. Fauci said we should wear masks because it shows people are taking it seriously.  Notice how he didn't say we should wear masks because they are effective and have no downside.  Wearing masks to virtue signal is not a good reason to wear masks let alone mandate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DDXG-dHugc

(07-03-2020, 03:15 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote: I can't get behind mandatory masks because of the negative effects on otherwise healthy people.  Chronically depriving masses of people of oxygen is not the answer and will lower immunity.  Yes, masks in rare cases can cause infections from breathing in hot and humid air, especially if they are not washed consistently or properly.  In addition, there are reports of people passing out in cars and causing accidents.  I'm just tired of band aid solutions instead of getting to the root cause of problems like actually promoting immunity.

Dr. Fauci said we should wear masks because it shows people are taking it seriously.  Notice how he didn't say we should wear masks because they are effective and have no downside.  Wearing masks to virtue signal is not a good reason to wear masks let alone mandate them.

He has absolutely said we should be wearing them to slow the spread of the virus. He's said it dozens of times. 
As have THOUSANDS of other doctors/epidemiologists. 

The "showing respect for other humans/taking it seriously" is a sidebar meant to appeal to some of the idiots ignoring the guidelines via a golden rule ethics challenge.  The POINT of the masks is to slow infection. 

Wearing a mask is far more effective than NOT wearing a mask at slowing the spread. 

Don't buy the hype about masks and respiratory issues. It's bull [BLEEP]. 

My relative has pretty severe asthma. That Saharan dust cloud thing screwed her up for a few days. 
Yet - she wears an N-95 mask for several hours at the hospital where she works - with zero respiratory issues. 

By the way - the Jax area hospital she works in went from one covid patient to 13 patients over the past 2 weeks. 
It's one of the smaller hospitals in town.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot...guidelines

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/05/dr-antho...ction.html

(07-03-2020, 04:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 03:15 PM)jagfan0728 Wrote: I can't get behind mandatory masks because of the negative effects on otherwise healthy people.  Chronically depriving masses of people of oxygen is not the answer and will lower immunity.  Yes, masks in rare cases can cause infections from breathing in hot and humid air, especially if they are not washed consistently or properly.  In addition, there are reports of people passing out in cars and causing accidents.  I'm just tired of band aid solutions instead of getting to the root cause of problems like actually promoting immunity.

He has absolutely said we should be wearing them to slow the spread of the virus. He's said it dozens of times. 

The "showing respect for other humans/taking it seriously" is a sidebar meant to appeal to some of the idiots ignoring the guidelines via a golden rule ethics challenge.  The POINT of the masks is to slow infection. 

Wearing a mask is far more effective than NOT wearing a mask at slowing the spread. 

My relative has pretty severe asthma. That Saharan dust cloud thing screwed her up for a few days. 
Yet - she wears an N-95 mask for several hours at the hospital where she works - with zero respiratory issues. 

By the way - the Jax area hospital she works in went from one covid patient to 13 patients over the past 2 weeks. 
Lol wearing a mask is so bad for you that doctors wear them during surgery!

Lot of reaching going on today. Lots. Of. Reaching.

(07-03-2020, 04:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 04:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He has absolutely said we should be wearing them to slow the spread of the virus. He's said it dozens of times. 

Lol wearing a mask is so bad for you that doctors wear them during surgery!

[Image: tenor.gif]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(07-03-2020, 04:57 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 04:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol wearing a mask is so bad for you that doctors wear them during surgery!

[Image: tenor.gif]
Flash been killing it recently.

I personally wear a mask. But after seeing some posts, I’m tempted not to just to see who who gnext ets so butthurt to piss me the [BLEEP] off. Ugh. So hard to be nice to everyone with all the bull [BLEEP] going on. But I’ll keep on attempting to do so.

Which also confirms my suspicions that the left is getting so angry at everything that is making everything soooo much worse. Hope y’all overcome your mental disease. Loves ya, mean it.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 06:38 PM by jagfan0728.)

(07-03-2020, 04:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shot...guidelines

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/05/dr-antho...ction.html

And yet Fauci contradicted what he said previously, in which he scoffed at the notion of mandating masks (the video was already posted here a while back), with what he has said recently.  Here's a quote from the New England Journal of Medicine: 

We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/05...-medicine/

Some science and health authorities say masks are useful some don't.  Someone's lying.  One side is science and one side is bought and paid for propaganda.  But it is hardly settled, which is exactly why it should be personal choice.

If masks don't cause any problems, then why are people passing out in their car?  Now, this was an N95 mask, but all masks will lower oxygen to some extent.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/24/driver-cra...-n95-mask/

And as far as cases going up, testing is at an all time high.  People are starting to go the hospitals for elective surgeries and testing is being required.  Many of these cases are asymptomatic.  Deaths, as flawed as the number is, are actually going down.

130,000 Americans dead

People still want to act like children over a silly little face covering.

(07-03-2020, 05:24 PM)Sammy Wrote: https://d3926qxcw0e1bh.cloudfront.net/po...71f0c.jpeg

On June 3rd the percentage of positive cases from FL tests was half what it was from yesterday’s results. 

It’s not just more testing. 

The positive results have nearly doubled by percentage.