Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

I really don't mind the trade. Monroe is good but he can be replaced eventually. If it's a 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks we are going to draft a lot of people. We will have..

1,2,3,4,4,5,5,5,6,6,7 and possibly a pick for Danthony smith.

That's 11 picks right there and considering almost all of Caldwells picks have been playing somewhat well, the more picks the better. I trust what caldwell is doing. He wants Bridgewater.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Where are you reading experts thoughts?

Twitter, this message board, and Facebook!

Eugune is worth at least a 3rd round pick Sad

Quote:Every report on the trade mentions only late round picks.

Sorry, but even if he wasn't part of the long term plans, this kind of deal, if accurate, smacks of something I've been saying this front office wasn't about. Trading players who might be costly and replacing them with bargain basement players makes me wonder about where this team is headed. Sorry, but LT is a premium position. If you've got a good one you're looking to trade, bending over for pennies on the dollar in value is questionable to say the least.

Hope the reports are wrong, but it's been some pretty credible outlets.

Smart guy.

This team is being cheap. No ways around the evidence smack dab in your face.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I wonder if we just dont grade him out to be a good player.  Its a premium position.  If he is a premium player then pay him premium money and be done with it.  No one likes to trade players for picks more than I do, but if you've got a good player at a premium position, then keep him.  

If we didnt like him as a player and planned on getting rid of him, I can understand.  I'd be curious to know what we would have received as a compensatory pick.  But i imagine that would hav ebeen one pick instead of multiple.  if we would have received a 4th in compensatory and here we get a 4th, 5th, and 6th, then its not as big of a loss.

but still seems odd.  I would have hoped for at least a 2nd considering how important the position is.  but the fact that a team has to pay him after this season definitely lessens his trade value.

I don't buy that. 

Look at what Detroit was able to get for Roy Williams....and he was due a new contract. 

If its only multiple 3rd day picks, Caldwell got raped. 

Knarnn, you keep freaking out and you still don't know what the picks are. Stop acting like a little girl and wait till we know the picks before criticizing. Geez the whining that goes on. 3rd day picks!?!? Oh my gosh, no!!!!!! Oh wait, that is just a rumor? I don't care, I must still whine even if the info might be incorrect.

I always thought Monroe was a solid player, but I also always remember hearing Kuharsky say Jags fan think he a lot better then he actually is, so who knows.  I wish the man luck.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:as said...we could have franchised him, and then if need be traded him at that point. 

Didn't the Chargers have some verbal agreement not to franchise Vincent Jackson in that situation?....

Im not 100% sure on this but I thought Jackson was franchised and sat out until week 9. Point being if either a.) Monroe didnt want to come back here or b.) Caldwell wasnt going to re-sign him this is a good deal.

Multiple 3rd day picks!? WTH you've got to be kidding me we just traded a top 10 LT for THIRD DAY PICKS!? to take a gamble on another LT we just drafted?

......................... Wallbash

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Every report on the trade mentions only late round picks.

Sorry, but even if he wasn't part of the long term plans, this kind of deal, if accurate, smacks of something I've been saying this front office wasn't about. Trading players who might be costly and replacing them with bargain basement players makes me wonder about where this team is headed.
Sorry, but LT is a premium position. If you've got a good one you're looking to trade, bending over for pennies on the dollar in value is questionable to say the least.

Hope the reports are wrong, but it's been some pretty credible outlets.

THIS!!!!

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:Multiple 3rd day picks.

Worst trade ever. My dear lord... getting crap for a beast LT

Quote:Did we trade Tony Boselli in his prime?  Cause we haven't had a "beast LT" since he played....Monroe is a good LT, but certainly not a beast.

Quote:Boselli was offered up in the expansion draft, post surgery. I don't think he ever played a down for the Texans.

Not the same.
Was trying to make the (sarcastic) point that Monroe can't be considered a "beast LT" and that the only true beast LT we've ever had was Boselli.  So I asked if we had traded Boselli in his prime, cause that's when he was a beast....see what I did there?

Our o line now consists of:

Joeckel, Nwaneri, Meester, Rackley, ?????

Quote:Smart guy.

This team is being cheap. No ways around the evidence smack dab in your face.

Nothing is official.

Quote:Where are you reading experts thoughts?
Just a couple in the last minute. 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout'>Matt Miller ‏@<b>nfldraftscout</b></a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/385228720924921857' title="7:24 PM - 1 Oct 13">2m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">The Eugene Monroe trade is the type of smart front office football that has been missing in Jacksonville. <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a>

<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

If Jags' GM Caldwell got a couple of mid-round picks like being reported, great deal for a guy that would likely leave in FA anyways.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 10:33 PM by Jinjo.)

Quote:I don't buy that. 

Look at what Detroit was able to get for Roy Williams....and he was due a new contract. 

If its only multiple 3rd day picks, Caldwell got raped. 

And that was one of the dumbest trades in NFL history, thats what we should be expecting??

This franchise has no intention of improving, it looks more and more like they're setting this franchise up to fail. sorry flame away you don't trade top 10 talent at a premium position for a gamble on a rookie and 3rd day picks.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I really don't mind the trade. Monroe is good but he can be replaced eventually. If it's a 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks we are going to draft a lot of people. We will have..

1,2,3,4,4,5,5,5,6,6,7 and possibly a pick for Danthony smith.

That's 11 picks right there and considering almost all of Caldwells picks have been playing somewhat well, the more picks the better. I trust what caldwell is doing. He wants Bridgewater.

4th rounders and lower rarely make long term impact. 

If its multiple 3rd day picks, the trade is a bad one. 

I was hoping for a 2nd + a 3rd, and I thought that was a bargain for Balt....considering 25 year old proven OLT's don't grow on trees. 

Quote:Just a couple in the last minute. 

<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">Matt Miller ‏@<b>nfldraftscout</b>2m
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">The Eugene Monroe trade is the type of smart front office football that has been missing in Jacksonville. #<b>Jaguars</b>

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,245,245);">NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

If Jags' GM Caldwell got a couple of mid-round picks like being reported, great deal for a guy that would likely leave in FA anyways.

</div>
LOL. when you lack talent, you trade more away? hahaha im laughing in frustration if anyone cant tell

Quote:Yes, I understand that.....but you have to weigh that vs the options the Jags did have, like waiting and franchising him if need be, or trading him at that point....which would have still been an option. 

Jumping on a bad deal just because he wasn't in the future plans isn't the smartest way to do business. 

I'm just hoping the 3rd day pick thing is false. 

Yep Miami was offerin KC 2nd round pick for Brandon Albert right before the draft thats when teams are desperate shoudlve used the Tag on Monroe, get a desperate team during the offseason. if its a 4th and a 5th thats just not a great deal unless you hit on those.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

OMG!!!!!!!! This is horrible. Bad , Bad move. He was a cornerstone and key piece to the line.