Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 09:43 PM by Jinjo.)

Schefter reporting. Pick hasnt been disclosed yet but it better be a 1st. If it is then i see it being a good move.

Everyone pray for Gabbert, Bradfield is back out there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Schefter just tweeted

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m
Pending a physical, Jacksonville has agreed in principle to trade OT Eugene Monroe to Baltimore, per league sources.

I LOVE THIS TRADE!! Put Joeckel where he belongs at LT, and hopefully we get a decent pick for Eugene.

[Image: 21jzwic.gif]

Better be a 1st
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Better be a 1st

Yep, and the Ravens aint looking to hot this year, If we get a top 20 pick for Monroe thats a great value.

Quote:Yep, and the Ravens aint looking to hot this year, If we get a top 20 pick for Monroe thats a great value.
No way its a first... Ravens are not that dumb.

So we take a RT to move to LT...again it better net a 1st or it was a wasted pick.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

In!
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:So we take a RT to move to LT...again it better net a 1st or it was a wasted pick.

Not necessarily. Also opens up a ton of cash you'd need to resign him.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Wuuuut?!

Wow.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:No way its a first... Ravens are not that dumb.

If the Ravens could draft a LT of Monroes caliber in the 20s I think they would do it. Hes only 25, so it may be a first. Im seeing some mixed reports on twitter that it could be multiple picks. I would be satisfied with a 2+3 in that case but that seems a little too much to be realistic.

How can you love this trade when you don't know what the Ravens gave up?

Wow!!!! 

Gutsy move by Caldwell, but I think I like the aggressiveness. 

Better be a 1st though

Quote:If the Ravens could draft a LT of Monroes caliber in the 20s I think they would do it. Hes only 25, so it may be a first. Im seeing some mixed reports on twitter that it could be multiple picks. I would be satisfied with a 2+3 in that case but that seems a little too much to be realistic.
Ravens are too smart an organization to give up a first. My guess is a 2nd.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet'>Ian Rapoport ‏@<b>RapSheet</b></a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/385219302023909376' title="6:46 PM - 1 Oct 13">2m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> are trading OT Eugene Monroe to the <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Ravens&src=hash'>#<b>Ravens</b></a>, per source, for multiple draft picks. Pending physical

<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Multiple picks sweet. Hope at least one is a 1st....

Wow, not only had it better be a first, it had better be stipulated that if they make the playoffs it's more than a first. At least a first and a second in that case, better yet two firsts.

Quote:Not necessarily. Also opens up a ton of cash you'd need to resign him.

Anything less than a 1st rounder then it would be a wasted pick. Not to mention the huge gaping hole it leaves at RT.

Source?? Thanks.....woops you guys are fast!! Thanks

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

The only thing I don't like about it is the trading partner....

Usually when you trade with teams like Baltimore, New England etc etc, you lose. 

When you trade with teams like Oakland, Arizona, etc etc you win the trades.