Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

https://youtu.be/HGyAwHwC9wk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

why is mitch mcconnell telling everyone to wear a mask now?

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 01:53 PM by americus 2.0.)

(07-27-2020, 02:33 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 10:50 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Good grief. People are coughing and spitting on food and and clothing in grocery stores and walmart. There is something fundamentally wrong with people who do this.

At some point consequences have to happen. Physical punishment is needed since they don't or never got it at home. Too many people only care about themselves, no respect for others. Hard labor is needed and if that doesn't work, the death penalty will be needed.

Generally it's the parents fault and I really wouldn't want to kill an idiot over it, but 1-2 quick trials, where there is video of multiple spitting, and executions should put a stop to it.

It's full on ADULTS that are doing it in the videos I saw. Well into their 40's. One was an adult male in SC deliberately coughing on clothing and stuff in the aisle. Security was called and he left (coughing on everything he passed on his way out) and was gone by the time the police for there. Another was an adult female in a grocery store deliberately coughing and spitting on produce.

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 01:56 PM by JagsorDie.)

FINALLY. It’s official, my wife and I have beat Covid.

I tested positive 3 weeks ago after a guy I worked with tested positive. I was tested 5 times over the last 3 weeks as well as 5 antibody tests. I was completely a-symptomatic. No fever or cough.

My wife on the other hand got rocked. She spiked a fever(only lasted 3 days). She had headaches and cough that lasted the entire duration. She also lost her since of taste and smell. The first couple days were extremely rough on her. She had a rough time with simple things that our doctors said often happens with Covid( loss of some cognitive function). But over this past week all the symptoms one by one went away as her body began to produce antibodies. She has her first negative test early last week and we just her results back from our end of the week test and they officially cleared both of us to go back to work.

The whole process was bizarre. How much it attacked her while doing seemingly nothing to me was weird. Our son is also 5 months old and we have had him tested twice but he has shown no trace of Covid and no symptoms. Making sure he was alright as was the most terrifying part of this(even though most signs say children and infants are very unlikely to show symptoms). I’m not sure how or why this effects people differently, but I can honestly say this is nothing like a normal influenza cold. When it chooses to attack, it shakes you. My wife and I both have had colds In the past but what she went through wasn’t comparable.

Even though she no longer has symptoms,She is going to have another test just to be sure. CDC also changed its guidelines on what people are infectious but I still wanted to make sure I was not shedding the virus at all.

A few things our doc had us doing was melatonin and zinc( I know it’s a sleep aid but apparently melatonin activates the zinc faster). This combo lessened the severity of her symptoms.

Also during the process I have bought numerous masks to work, workout, or some that just are comfortable. This was the most annoying part for me because some masks feel like they suffocate you while others fog up glasses and are just blatantly uncomfortable.

A mask made by Wolford is my favorite. Very comfortable as well as being washable.

A website called FOCO also has decent team masks that are pretty nice but they probably are incredibly effective.

I Also got a Adidas mask for working out that I love but since I got one they have been sold out every time I have checked since.

(07-27-2020, 01:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: why is mitch mcconnell telling everyone to wear a mask now?

Because he and his counterparts know they totally screwed up in the recent past.

I ended up testing positive, which I expected. I'm outside of the CDC guidelines so the health department said I don't have to continue isolating.

(07-27-2020, 02:27 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I ended up testing positive, which I expected. I'm outside of the CDC guidelines so the health department said I don't have to continue isolating.

Yeah the new guidelines were if it had been more than 10 days since you positive test or symptoms and you haven’t had a fever in 3 days you are considered not infectious. 

The only reason we are still getting tested is our son.

(07-27-2020, 01:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: why is mitch mcconnell telling everyone to wear a mask now?

Because the election is less than 100 days away.

To end the "we have to make everyone vote by mail" crap the Dems are trying to foment.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-27-2020, 01:53 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: FINALLY. It’s official, my wife and I have beat Covid.

I tested positive 3 weeks ago after a guy I worked with tested positive. I was tested 5 times over the last 3 weeks as well as 5 antibody tests. I was completely a-symptomatic. No fever or cough.

My wife on the other hand got rocked. She spiked a fever(only lasted 3 days). She had headaches and cough that lasted the entire duration. She also lost her since of taste and smell. The first couple days were extremely rough on her. She had a rough time with simple things that our doctors said often happens with Covid( loss of some cognitive function). But over this past week all the symptoms one by one went away as her body began to produce antibodies. She has her first negative test early last week and we just her results back from our end of the week test and they officially cleared both of us to go back to work.

The whole process was bizarre. How much it attacked her while doing seemingly nothing to me was weird. Our son is also 5 months old and we have had him tested twice but he has shown no trace of Covid and no symptoms. Making sure he was alright as was the most terrifying part of this(even though most signs say children and infants are very unlikely to show symptoms). I’m not sure how or why this effects people differently, but I can honestly say this is nothing like a normal influenza cold. When it chooses to attack, it shakes you. My wife and I both have had colds In the past  but what she went through  wasn’t comparable.

Even though she no longer has symptoms,She is going to have another test just to be sure. CDC also changed its guidelines on what people are infectious but I still wanted to make sure I was not shedding the virus at all.

A few things our doc had us doing was melatonin and zinc( I know it’s a sleep aid but apparently melatonin activates the zinc faster). This combo lessened the severity of her symptoms.

The virus is particularly aggressive with people who are carrying extra weight, have high blood sugar, or hypertension. With a newborn your wife sounds like she would be in the higher risk group. I'm glad you guys are on the other side now!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-27-2020, 02:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 01:53 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: FINALLY. It’s official, my wife and I have beat Covid.

The whole process was bizarre. How much it attacked her while doing seemingly nothing to me was weird. Our son is also 5 months old and we have had him tested twice but he has shown no trace of Covid and no symptoms. Making sure he was alright as was the most terrifying part of this(even though most signs say children and infants are very unlikely to show symptoms). I’m not sure how or why this effects people differently, but I can honestly say this is nothing like a normal influenza cold. When it chooses to attack, it shakes you. My wife and I both have had colds In the past  but what she went through  wasn’t comparable.

The virus is particularly aggressive with people who are carrying extra weight, have high blood sugar, or hypertension. With a newborn your wife sounds like she would be in the higher risk group. I'm glad you guys are on the other side now!

Did you just call his wife fat?

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 07:22 PM by JagsorDie.)

(07-27-2020, 07:08 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 02:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The virus is particularly aggressive with people who are carrying extra weight, have high blood sugar, or hypertension. With a newborn your wife sounds like she would be in the higher risk group. I'm glad you guys are on the other side now!

for real man that was low.

LMBO I get what you are saying but I think of lot of my wife’s issues happen because of diving accident she suffered when we were diving on a reef a few years back. she was stung by a stingray. Their barbs are coated in neurotoxins that make it excruciating. after the doctors in Belize got her stable we took a flight home. Then she ended up getting MRSA from her trip to the hospital and almost lost her leg. the last cocktail of antibiotics finally hit and everything was good. 

As a result, her immune system has been a little weaker which probably played a roll in how this played out. 

Couple that with the fact she just gave birth in February and I guess that makes her more susceptible to stuff like this.

(07-27-2020, 07:08 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 02:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The virus is particularly aggressive with people who are carrying extra weight, have high blood sugar, or hypertension. With a newborn your wife sounds like she would be in the higher risk group. I'm glad you guys are on the other side now!

No moron, she just had a baby, most women five months after delivery are carrying some baby weight. They aren't fat, they're still eating for two.

(07-27-2020, 07:21 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 07:08 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Did you just call his wife fat?

for real man that was low.

LMBO I get what you are saying but I think of lot of my wife’s issues happen because of diving accident she suffered when we were diving on a reef a few years back. she was stung by a stingray. Their barbs are coated in neurotoxins that make it excruciating. after the doctors in Belize got her stable we took a flight home. Then she ended up getting MRSA from her trip to the hospital and almost lost her leg. the last cocktail of antibiotics finally hit and everything was good. 

As a result, her immune system has been a little weaker which probably played a roll in how this played out. 

Couple that with the fact she just gave birth in February and I guess that makes her more susceptible to stuff like this.

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. I'm glad she's recovered now.

Wife’s grandfather died this morning he was diagnosed with Covid last week. Today was his 96th birthday sad part is no one in the family could see him to say goodbye he went peacefully from what we are told at least. He was as healthy of a 95 year old as you could expect but this virus just seems to be a death sentence for the older generation. He got it while living in a long term care housing in st. Augustine.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(07-28-2020, 12:42 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Wife’s grandfather died this morning he was diagnosed with Covid last week. Today was his 96th birthday sad part is no one in the family could see him to say goodbye he went peacefully from what we are told at least. He was as healthy of a 95 year old as you could expect but this virus just seems to be a death sentence for the older generation. He got it while living in a long term care housing in st. Augustine.

My condolences to you and your family
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-28-2020, 12:42 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Wife’s grandfather died this morning he was diagnosed with Covid last week. Today was his 96th birthday sad part is no one in the family could see him to say goodbye he went peacefully from what we are told at least. He was as healthy of a 95 year old as you could expect but this virus just seems to be a death sentence for the older generation. He got it while living in a long term care housing in st. Augustine.

Sorry to hear that.

Sorry for you and your family's loss man, 95 is a heck of a run.

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 03:03 PM by mikesez.)

My wife's great uncle in Miami was about 95 and just passed as well.  He had a positive Covid test, and then about a week later had a stroke.  The stroke caused his death, but did the Covid cause the stroke? We'll miss him at the next family get together.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.