Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-28-2020, 12:42 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Wife’s grandfather died this morning he was diagnosed with Covid last week. Today was his 96th birthday sad part is no one in the family could see him to say goodbye he went peacefully from what we are told at least. He was as healthy of a 95 year old as you could expect but this virus just seems to be a death sentence for the older generation. He got it while living in a long term care housing in st. Augustine.

Condolences to you and your family.  Unfortunately this China virus is deadly to our "seasoned" citizens, and they are the ones that we should be protecting.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The way everyone is attacking these doctors and removing the video from all social media makes you think it is true. We know for a fact from other doctors across the world working on the frontlines that it does work when combined with zinc. No one pulled up the numbers at the hospital where she works, it was all about she is a crazy doctor who believes in alien DNA and demon sperm. It would be simple to see how many patients are dying at her hospital compared to the rest of TX.

Then none of the people she accused are willing to take a drug test to see if they are taking it already.

One drug is out of patent and cheap, the other vaccine is going to cost a ton and will be pushed through approvals will all the side effects by the FDA. Which one does the lobbyist want to be the drug of choice? The medical leaders all have stock in the vaccine manufacturers so they don't want the readily available cheap drug to be used.

(07-28-2020, 09:06 PM)p_rushing Wrote: The way everyone is attacking these doctors and removing the video from all social media makes you think it is true. We know for a fact from other doctors across the world working on the frontlines that it does work when combined with zinc. No one pulled up the numbers at the hospital where she works, it was all about she is a crazy doctor who believes in alien DNA and demon sperm. It would be simple to see how many patients are dying at her hospital compared to the rest of TX.

Then none of the people she accused are willing to take a drug test to see if they are taking it already.

One drug is out of patent and cheap, the other vaccine is going to cost a ton and will be pushed through approvals will all the side effects by the FDA. Which one does the lobbyist want to be the drug of choice? The medical leaders all have stock in the vaccine manufacturers so they don't want the readily available cheap drug to be used.

https://twitter.com/debdrens/status/1287932874294009856

I know a doctor in NJ that was treating patients with Hydroxychloriquine, and it wasn't working. He was on the frontline at at time when we knew little about the disease. He wasn't using it as a prophylactic, like recommended, but it's all he had to treat people who were coming in with severe cases. Several of his patients died, so it's clearly not a miracle cure. He had better luck with Remdesivir. That said, there are studies that suggest it does help if people are diagnosed early to keep the virus from replicating. It's been used in some of the countries that were least affected, like S. Korea and Taiwan. I think it is effective, if taken with zinc and used in the early stages of the disease. The bastardization of this discussion by the media and politicians is one of the most egregious cases of politicization I've ever seen.

Personally, that lady seemed a bit cray-cray to me, so I took her words with a grain of salt. People need to pick and choose their battles, and who they support on social media. Social media needs to stop policing every dissenting opinion. The doctor I have chosen to follow has had 5 videos removed from a set of 100 because he had the audacity to talk about ways to boost the immune system during this crisis... like any of those tech morons know better than a dude who specializes in teaching and research and volunteered to treat Covid as soon as it showed up in the US. But, that's a different discussion.

[Image: 42-A1-FA09-CC4-B-4247-9319-6-EE6660-F83-FA.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-29-2020, 09:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 42-A1-FA09-CC4-B-4247-9319-6-EE6660-F83-FA.jpg]

I laughed so hard at this it's embarrassing.  Laughing

(07-29-2020, 09:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 42-A1-FA09-CC4-B-4247-9319-6-EE6660-F83-FA.jpg]

Suffer?

Go get your goggles fellas. Dr. Tony said so.

Herman Cain has died of Covid-19.

He went to the Trump rally in Tulsa and not wearing a mask. Don't know if that's where he caught it.

(07-30-2020, 10:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Herman Cain has died of Covid-19.  

He went to the Trump rally in Tulsa and not wearing a mask.  Don't know if that's where he caught it.

74 year old stage 4 cancer survivor. Unfortunately the prime target for COVID-19.

The left can't even show empathy in the most empathetic moments. Who cares where he caught it Marty.

(07-30-2020, 11:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 10:58 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Herman Cain has died of Covid-19.  

He went to the Trump rally in Tulsa and not wearing a mask.  Don't know if that's where he caught it.

74 year old stage 4 cancer survivor. Unfortunately the prime target for COVID-19.

The left can't even show empathy in the most empathetic moments. Who cares where he caught it Marty.

We can feel and say more than one thing at a time.
Just because we think he might have made a mistake doesn't mean we don't feel sorry for him and his family.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-30-2020, 01:57 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 11:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 74 year old stage 4 cancer survivor. Unfortunately the prime target for COVID-19.

We can feel and say more than one thing at a time.
Just because we think he might have made a mistake doesn't mean we don't feel sorry for him and his family.

I think you are willing to take this loss if it means scoring potential "told you so" political points in future arguments. It's who you are.

A 74 year old stage 4 cancer survivor succumbs to the China virus so we better all get a mask and shut down business!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Isn't mandating masks good for business? Certainly the mask business.

Is it still infringing on carrying your toy around?

(07-30-2020, 06:15 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Isn't mandating masks good for business? Certainly the mask business.

I think mandating masks is good for business.  I think most people would feel a lot better about shopping at any store that mandates masks.  I know I do.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/n...be23a16d01

Apparently dogs can sniff out coronavirus with a 94% success rate!

(07-31-2020, 04:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 06:15 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Isn't mandating masks good for business? Certainly the mask business.

I think mandating masks is good for business.  I think most people would feel a lot better about shopping at any store that mandates masks.  I know I do.

Then you have a false sense of security. Just think about every person that shifts that snot and spit ridden face diaper around and then reaches out to grab that can of beans, or that gas pump, or pushes the buttons on the credit card machine to pay. Masks work in specific circumstances when used specific ways, and most of the places you're going are full of people using them wrong because they all believe their gaiter is going to keep them safe. Meanwhile, the so-called "mandates" aren't even mandatory, they're just another round of Pandemic Theater.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I told my wife the other day that I wish I could just contract COVID and get it over with. My health is good, I believe I'd do okay.

She looked at me like I was crazy (shrug).

I still believe it hit Duval County back in Dec/Jan
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-31-2020, 04:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

People who put safety above their rights deserve to have neither.