Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-31-2020, 02:53 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 04:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think mandating masks is good for business.  I think most people would feel a lot better about shopping at any store that mandates masks.  I know I do.

People who put safety above their rights deserve to have neither.

Pretty close.  People who chose to feel safe above their rights deserve neither.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What rights are they missing out on?

(07-31-2020, 10:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I told my wife the other day that I wish I could just contract COVID and get it over with. My health is good, I believe I'd do okay.

She looked at me like I was crazy (shrug).

Now that I'm done and over it, I'm glad I got a mild case and don't have to worry now.

(07-29-2020, 09:55 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 42-A1-FA09-CC4-B-4247-9319-6-EE6660-F83-FA.jpg]

Plane sex..........check.  Late night LA to NY flight.
Astral sex.............well, I frequently dream about doing it with someone who isn't there at the time, so I'll check that one too.
Demon sex...........gotta think about this one.  She was just a witch while we were married and didn't actually transition to full-fledged demon status until the divorce.....
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Is Trumps brain ok?

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1290497...48096?s=09

Aussie 1
American 0

(08-04-2020, 05:42 PM)captivating Wrote: Aussie        1
American    0

Care to explain how?  Or is it just because some foreign reporter that doesn’t know how to professionally do his job disagrees?

Ugh. Trump annoys me. There is an easy argument to shut that dude down. I wish he was more articulate.

Why the need to shut down? Trump was tripping himself up just to try and give a false narrative that the US has done the best at combating covid.

Why not just accept it hasn't and move on? It's laughable to suggest South Korea hasn't done a much better job based off health statistics. Just sounds like another swampy politician.

Big Grin  (This post was last modified: 08-05-2020, 04:00 AM by captivating.)

(08-04-2020, 06:49 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 05:42 PM)captivating Wrote: Aussie        1
American    0

Care to explain how?  Or is it just because some foreign reporter that doesn’t know how to professionally do his job disagrees?

Read the manual....read the books

Not sure who's interview was worse....

Prince Andrew or Trump.

(08-04-2020, 09:50 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Why the need to shut down? Trump was tripping himself up just to try and give a false narrative that the US has done the best at combating covid.

Why not just accept it hasn't and move on? It's laughable to suggest South Korea hasn't done a much better job based off health statistics. Just sounds like another swampy politician.

I am not going to defend Trump's need to be the best at things. I have said repeatedly the dude is a narcissist. However, the same reason Trump wants to use death by case is the same reason the reporter wants to  use death by population percent. It drives the narrative he wants to present. There seem to be a lot of those going around these days. 

I don't think Trump cares if we are being beaten by S. Korea. I think he cares that he is being faulted for the job his administration has done. All things considered, the US is doing much better than it's being given credit. To be quite honest, he should be getting more hit for the economy failing due to their bad Covid policy than he should for the death count, even if that's an unpopular opinion.

(08-05-2020, 07:37 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 09:50 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Why the need to shut down? Trump was tripping himself up just to try and give a false narrative that the US has done the best at combating covid.

I am not going to defend Trump's need to be the best at things. I have said repeatedly the dude is a narcissist. However, the same reason Trump wants to use death by case is the same reason the reporter wants to  use death by population percent. It drives the narrative he wants to present. There seem to be a lot of those going around these days. 

I don't think Trump cares if we are being beaten by S. Korea. I think he cares that he is being faulted for the job his administration has done. All things considered, the US is doing much better than it's being given credit. To be quite honest, he should be getting more hit for the economy failing due to their bad Covid policy than he should for the death count, even if that's an unpopular opinion.

Yep, the failure to prevent the crashing of our economy over this DemPanic is the real issue.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

"It's the economy, stupid" -James Carville
A man whose time came and went, I guess.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(07-31-2020, 10:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I told my wife the other day that I wish I could just contract COVID and get it over with. My health is good, I believe I'd do okay.

If you look anything like your message board pic, then I definitely agree that you're a perfect bill of health and there's no way Covid-19 has any chance at bringing you down.

(08-05-2020, 11:09 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

If you look anything like your message board pic, then I definitely agree that you're a perfect bill of health and there's no way Covid-19 has any chance at bringing you down.

Right?? Women are always chasing me. Well, away, but still...

I'm starting to lose faith over the testing for this virus.  Two of my friends tested positive and the next day the test showed negative.  Yesterday morning the governor of Ohio tested positive.  Later that same day he was tested two more times and both these test came back negative.  Even though I believe this virus to be a serious problem I'm wondering if many who have tested positive received false results.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 09:28 AM by Jagwired.)

(08-07-2020, 09:09 AM)jagman Wrote: I'm starting to lose faith over the testing for this virus.  Two of my friends tested positive and the next day the test showed negative.  Yesterday morning the governor of Ohio tested positive.  Later that same day he was tested two more times and both these test came back negative.  Even though I believe this virus to be a serious problem I'm wondering if many who have tested positive received false results.

There is no need to wonder. The numbers of false positives are in the 100's of thousands if not millions..
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 10:14 AM by mikesez.)

(08-07-2020, 09:25 AM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 09:09 AM)jagman Wrote: I'm starting to lose faith over the testing for this virus.  Two of my friends tested positive and the next day the test showed negative.  Yesterday morning the governor of Ohio tested positive.  Later that same day he was tested two more times and both these test came back negative.  Even though I believe this virus to be a serious problem I'm wondering if many who have tested positive received false results.

There is no need to wonder. The numbers of false positives are in the 100's of thousands if not millions..

False positives are not possible on a PCR test unless there was contamination in taking the sample or in processing.  However, the virus detected by a PCR test may have already been deactivated.

The newer, faster antigen tests have both false positives and false negatives.  The false negative rate is around 10%, and the false positive rate is high enough that they usually follow the positives up with a PCR test.  That's probably what they did for Mike DeWine.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

My wife just tested positive for Covid after a mandatory work examination. We have both had symptoms that feel like allergies and abnormal muscle fatigue, but neither one of us felt like we needed to see a doctor. I took the test to be safe, and it came back negative. She took the mouth swab test, and I took the PCR. I find it highly unlikely that one of us would have it, but the other wouldn't. We have been in close proximity this whole time. She gets a week off of work (which is nice for her), but it's frustrating to think that she might not even be positive. For one, I don't want a false positive contributing to our national data (and it concerns me that there might be more like this), and two, I don't want her to let her guard down if she wasn't actually exposed to it. Fortunately, she is giving blood next week, so they should be able to check her for the antigen. If she has it, we'll know. I just won't be able to understand how I was able to avoid it. Maybe a false negative? Seems unlikely.

(08-07-2020, 12:30 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: My wife just tested positive for Covid after a mandatory work examination. We have both had symptoms that feel like allergies and abnormal muscle fatigue, but neither one of us felt like we needed to see a doctor. I took the test to be safe, and it came back negative. She took the mouth swab test, and I took the PCR. I find it highly unlikely that one of us would have it, but the other wouldn't. We have been in close proximity this whole time. She gets a week off of work (which is nice for her), but it's frustrating to think that she might not even be positive. For one, I don't want a false positive contributing to our national data (and it concerns me that there might be more like this), and two, I don't want her to let her guard down if she wasn't actually exposed to it. Fortunately, she is giving blood next week, so they should be able to check her for the antigen. If she has it, we'll know. I just won't be able to understand how I was able to avoid it. Maybe a false negative? Seems unlikely.

I thought I just had normal allergies and sinus issues, but I did test positive with the PCR. I knew it after I got a low fever, but I also have heard of a few other people reporting the same symptoms in the last month as you. Even though you are in the same house, you aren't guaranteed to test positive as some there are cases where 1 family member tests positive and the rest keep testing negative. I would wait for the antigen test and then if she has it, assume you probably also had it or your body is already immune.

I would get checked for the antigen also, that way you won't have to worry so much for at least a few months.