Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Just an opinion piece... but it's got some good information.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/trouble-with-the-curve/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Has any president in history taken more questions and been more open with the press than Donald Trump?

(08-13-2020, 02:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Just an opinion piece... but it's got some good information.

That is spot on with what we should be doing. Too many people are trying to have the virus die out. The only way that happens is to quarantine everyone for 4 weeks or so. That means everyone goes somewhere for 4 weeks or more and then doesn't leave.

It's not magically going away and it isn't going to kill everyone. Just like with the flu, protect the elderly and sickly. Everyone else goes about their normal life with some added protections during flu season.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(08-13-2020, 10:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 10:19 AM)JackCity Wrote: Cool. there's consequences for all of those things legally so you are proving my point

Do you drink drive? And if so do you feel the police should have any punishment for drink drivers?

Sure, those are laws written and passed by our legislatures and I take my chances knowing that. Mask mandates are not laws, they are dictates that I refuse to acknowledge and our courts are starting to catch up to that fact and overturn the citations as local governments start trying to turn mask "violations" into revenue streams.

Mask mandates are like Executive Orders, right?

(08-13-2020, 10:26 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 02:43 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Just an opinion piece... but it's got some good information.

That is spot on with what we should be doing. Too many people are trying to have the virus die out. The only way that happens is to quarantine everyone for 4 weeks or so. That means everyone goes somewhere for 4 weeks or more and then doesn't leave.

It's not magically going away and it isn't going to kill everyone. Just like with the flu, protect the elderly and sickly. Everyone else goes about their normal life with some added protections during flu season.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(08-14-2020, 05:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 10:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sure, those are laws written and passed by our legislatures and I take my chances knowing that. Mask mandates are not laws, they are dictates that I refuse to acknowledge and our courts are starting to catch up to that fact and overturn the citations as local governments start trying to turn mask "violations" into revenue streams.

Mask mandates are like Executive Orders, right?

Like yes, but they impinge on legislation once they become punitive.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Dr. Tony said there is no reason people can't vote in person. Is this the official end of the left worshipping his farts?

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 06:03 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Congress goes on recess until September while [BLEEP] over Americans on relief aid.

The post office that isn't tax payer funded according to mikesez is asking for 25 billion in tax payer funds is the sticking point.

(08-14-2020, 05:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Congress goes on recess until September while [BLEEP] over Americans on relief aid.

The post office that isn't tax payer funded according to mikesez is asking for 25 billion in tax payer funds is the sticking point.

The post office might need a bailout, similar to how Chrysler and GM and AIG needed bailouts in the past.

Doesn't mean the post office is typically taxpayer funded. They aren't.

The two parties are a trillion dollars apart on this bill.
The 25 billion you quote, is literally 2.5% of the problem.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-14-2020, 06:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 05:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Congress goes on recess until September while [BLEEP] over Americans on relief aid.

The post office might need a bailout, similar to how Chrysler and GM and AIG needed bailouts in the past.

Massive tax payer bailout of the USPS to fix their mismanaged pension. The same bureaucrats we want handling election ballots.

Ever heard of the definition of insanity Mike?

(08-14-2020, 06:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 06:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: The post office might need a bailout, similar to how Chrysler and GM and AIG needed bailouts in the past.

Massive tax payer bailout of the USPS to fix their mismanaged pension. The same bureaucrats we want handling election ballots.

How long did Congress mandate that pension be funded out to? 25 years? 30?

(08-14-2020, 06:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 06:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Massive tax payer bailout of the USPS to fix their mismanaged pension. The same bureaucrats we want handling election ballots.

How long did Congress mandate that pension be funded out to? 25 years? 30?

The USPS should be dissolved all together. They are useless and the private industry can do it for cheaper with better reliability.

(08-14-2020, 06:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 06:47 PM)mikesez Wrote: How long did Congress mandate that pension be funded out to? 25 years? 30?

The USPS should be dissolved all together. They are useless and the private industry can do it for cheaper with better reliability.

The place my grandfather used to live in was rural enough that the UPS and FedEx vehicles never made it up the road. They relied on the postal service for the last mile.

That and, I thought we were about upholding the Constitution?

(08-14-2020, 06:54 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 06:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The USPS should be dissolved all together. They are useless and the private industry can do it for cheaper with better reliability.

The place my grandfather used to live in was rural enough that the UPS and FedEx vehicles never made it up the road. They relied on the postal service for the last mile.

If it cant sustain itself,  why keep it on taxpayer life support? Your ridiculous singular example doesnt justify our tax dollars to keep it alive.

(08-14-2020, 07:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 06:54 PM)mikesez Wrote: The place my grandfather used to live in was rural enough that the UPS and FedEx vehicles never made it up the road. They relied on the postal service for the last mile.

If it cant sustain itself,  why keep it on taxpayer life support? Your ridiculous singular example doesnt justify our tax dollars to keep it alive.

You clearly know nothing about this issue.
It is very common for UPS and FedEx to rely on the post office for the last leg of the journey.

(08-14-2020, 07:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 07:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: If it cant sustain itself,  why keep it on taxpayer life support? Your ridiculous singular example doesnt justify our tax dollars to keep it alive.

You clearly know nothing about this issue.
It is very common for UPS and FedEx to rely on the post office for the last leg of the journey.

The USPS uses independent contractors that are as reliable as an old man's bowels..... and it's the same service... complete crap.

They are garbage and need to be abolished. Private industry is 100000000x more qualified.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 07:50 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-14-2020, 07:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 07:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: You clearly know nothing about this issue.

The USPS uses independent contractors that are as reliable as an old man's bowels..... and it's the same service... complete crap.

They are garbage and need to be abolished. Private industry is 100000000x more qualified.

Mike must work for the USPS. I picture Newman on Seinfeld. Mike doesn't work when it rains. Everybody knows that.

(08-14-2020, 07:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 07:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: You clearly know nothing about this issue.

You're missing the point.
There's a reason that FedEx and UPS never sent a truck up my grandpa's road.
The government requires the US postal service to stop at almost every door six days a week.
FedEx and UPS are not subject to that requirement.
If they were, maybe they'd be a little less efficient...
Comparing one organization that's required to do something very unprofitable, to another organization that isn't subject to those kinds of requirements, is comparing apples to oranges.

(08-14-2020, 08:53 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 07:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: The USPS uses independent contractors that are as reliable as an old man's bowels..... and it's the same service... complete crap.

You're missing the point.
The government requires the US postal service to stop at almost every door six days a week.
Comparing one organization that's required to do something very unprofitable, to another organization that isn't subject to those kinds of requirements, is comparing apples to oranges.

You have no idea what a false equivalency is so you can just shut the [BLEEP] up. Seriously.

(08-14-2020, 08:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 08:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're missing the point.

You have no idea what a false equivalency is so you can just shut the [BLEEP] up. Seriously.

Whether it's beer or liquor, you probably need to cut back.