Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(08-14-2020, 08:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 08:53 PM)mikesez Wrote: You're missing the point.
There's a reason that FedEx and UPS never sent a truck up my grandpa's road.
The government requires the US postal service to stop at almost every door six days a week.
FedEx and UPS are not subject to that requirement.
If they were, maybe they'd be a little less efficient...
Comparing one organization that's required to do something very unprofitable, to another organization that isn't subject to those kinds of requirements, is comparing apples to oranges.

You have no idea what a false equivalency is so you can just shut the [BLEEP] up. Seriously.

Actually, Mikesez is correct.  The USPS is mandated to provide delivery to pretty much every residence & business in the country, and at a relatively low cost.  It was established as a public service and was never intended to be a fortune 500 profitability machine.
That $0.55 forever stamp that allows you to send a common letter from New York to California is actually a pretty good deal, all things considered.  Abolishing the USPS would increase mailing & shipping costs for everyone.  It’s probably why privatization, although constantly threatened, is unappealing for most potential suitors...having to operate with the rulesets currently in place.
The prefunding retiree benefits for 75 years into the future requirement was a stupid requirement passed by a stupid act written up by stupid people.  Any business would go bankrupt having to deal with that.  Of course, those same people got us up to how many trillion dollars of national debt now?
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

so trump is trying to cut jobs from the biggest veteran employer in the country? and social security?

Interesting gambit.........

Governor Cuomo, the man who murdered 11,000 seniors called it the European virus. Previosly on tape praising Trumps response to NYC used the DNC as a platform to bash him

Is there anyone left who takes this guy serious?

President Trump, the man who has murdered 170,000 Americans tries again to deflect criticism of his own incompetence.

"All of a sudden a lot of the places they were using to hold up, they are having a big surge ... New Zealand, you see what's going on in New Zealand" He said

New Zealand had nine (9!) new Covid cases today. The US had more than 42,000!!!!

(08-18-2020, 07:13 AM)captivating Wrote: President Trump, the man who has murdered 170,000 Americans tries again to deflect criticism of his own incompetence.

"All of a sudden a lot of the places they were using to hold up, they are having a big surge ... New Zealand, you see what's going on in New Zealand" He said

New Zealand had nine (9!) new Covid cases today. The US had more than 42,000!!!!

On a side note, you have the most inaccurate screen name in history.

Saw an utterly ridiculous story in the Times Union about a teacher "writing her will and obituary" because she had to go back to work.  It's gone from "wash your hands" to "being at work is a death sentence".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-18-2020, 05:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Saw an utterly ridiculous story in the Times Union about a teacher "writing her will and obituary" because she had to go back to work.  It's gone from "wash your hands" to "being at work is a death sentence".

I'm sure there are plenty of younger teachers who would replace the old bag and probably do a better job than her.

Florida's Infection Rate is back below 5%. The September Surge is expected in a few weeks as returning school kids bring the Peking Lung Pox home to grandma and grandpa.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-18-2020, 05:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 05:20 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Saw an utterly ridiculous story in the Times Union about a teacher "writing her will and obituary" because she had to go back to work.  It's gone from "wash your hands" to "being at work is a death sentence".

I'm sure there are plenty of younger teachers who would replace the old bag and probably do a better job than her.

LOL.  She wasn't an "old bag".  She was a millennial.  You know, the liberal drama queen type.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-18-2020, 05:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 05:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm sure there are plenty of younger teachers who would replace the old bag and probably do a better job than her.

LOL.  She wasn't an "old bag".  She was a millennial.  You know, the liberal drama queen type.

Regardless,  someone you wouldn't want teaching your kids.

(08-18-2020, 06:02 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 05:44 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  She wasn't an "old bag".  She was a millennial.  You know, the liberal drama queen type.

Regardless,  someone you wouldn't want teaching your kids.

I'm fully convinced that they don't "teach" anyway.  They indoctrinate.

(08-18-2020, 06:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm fully convinced that they don't "teach" anyway.  They indoctrinate.

Do they teach you ponder?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-18-2020, 06:19 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 06:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm fully convinced that they don't "teach" anyway.  They indoctrinate.

Do they teach you ponder?

LOL.  That's both sad and hilarious at the same time.

How in the name of the deity does any grown person not know how to open a can of paint?? This shocks me. It really does.

Says more about their parents if you ask me.

Teach? Buuuwwaaaa!!!. Plan your escape folks.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-18-2020, 08:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: How in the name of the deity does any grown person not know how to open a can of paint?? This shocks me. It really does.

And people want these idiots to vote!  

God help us.

(08-18-2020, 07:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 07:13 AM)captivating Wrote: President Trump, the man who has murdered 170,000 Americans tries again to deflect criticism of his own incompetence.

On a side note, you have the most inaccurate screen name in history.

When you can't play the ball, you play the man.

(08-20-2020, 05:40 PM)captivating Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 08:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: How in the name of the deity does any grown person not know how to open a can of paint?? This shocks me. It really does.

And people want these idiots to vote!  

God help us.

In the 2nd video, one of the females says 18-24 yr olds are more educated than the old folks. This is one of the biggest issues as it shows they think going to college and getting some meaningless degree means you are now smart and can make great decisions. It goes to their thinking that everyone's opinion and voice matters, even though most shouldn't. They don't understand that schooling doesn't make you smart or intelligent, it just means you went to school and passed. They don't understand that what they are learning in school is not the real world.

(08-20-2020, 05:55 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 05:40 PM)captivating Wrote: And people want these idiots to vote!  

God help us.

In the 2nd video, one of the females says 18-24 yr olds are more educated than the old folks. This is one of the biggest issues as it shows they think going to college and getting some meaningless degree means you are now smart and can make great decisions. It goes to their thinking that everyone's opinion and voice matters, even though most shouldn't. They don't understand that schooling doesn't make you smart or intelligent, it just means you went to school and passed. They don't understand that what they are learning in school is not the real world.

This isn't new.
since the dawn of written language, philosophers have complained that the young lack humility.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.