Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

If we are stockpiling picks why not shop MJD also?

The Denver/ Jax line just went up another 7 points.

Tanking is now officially in full effect.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hire Gene Smith!

Quote:I saw Monroe get dusted by Robert Mathis on Sunday, so quit acting like he is a God. He is an above average LT.

Did you expect them to give him a max deal and keep our #2 pick in a position he hasn't played since high school?

Look, I am one who actually thinks Joeckel to OLT could be an upgrade. I think Joeckel has a higher ceiling at OLT than Monroe did. 

I just think a return of 3rd day picks for Monroe sounds awfully low. 

Maybe I was just drinking the kool aid too much on Monroe

Quote:Monroe would have netted the highest possible compensation pick, which would have been a late 3rd or possibly 2 of those. 

Plus, had the Jags franchised Monroe and then traded him at that point, you might have found a desperate trading partner. 

Maybe I'm just overrating how good Monroe actually is.....I dunno.....

It took the Texans losing a player to a 100M contract to get a 3rd. We likely wouldnt have received that. Even if we did, multiple picks in the 4th is better.

Who cares what our oline looks like now? Teddy will make it look better once he lands in duval
Shock the world

Quote:I'm commenting on what we can assume is going on, don't be so defensive, if the reports are true this is a really bad move.

We can't assume anything. We don't know. You have changed your stance like 4 times on here. I think the Krazy disease is spreading.

Quote:this franchise is such a joke... it really is... its almost as if they try to lose as bad as possible on purpose....

its an aboslute joke of a trade, a joke of a draft class to take a player at number 2 overall, just to replace a player you took number 8 overall a few years ago...

aka, we got NO BETTER yet again after a top 10 pick, hell, top 2 pick

i have zero confidence in this team EVER winning more than 6 games again

the stubborness to stick with the worst NFL QB in the HISTORY OF THE SPORT in gabbert.... atleast come out and say we are losing on purpose by starting gabbert, becuz thats what they are doing

now we get to add RT to our list of 23030430399493 holes that we have
How do you know Monroe wants to be here?  His wife is from Bal. and this team is horrible.  If we didn't draft Joeckel this year we would be looking for a RT and a LT at the end of this year

Quote:Anything less than a 1st rounder then it would be a wasted pick. Not to mention the huge gaping hole it leaves at RT.

The entire offense line has been a huge gaping hole. I applaud the trade, he would have been gone at years end anyway.

[Image: 21jzwic.gif]

Quote:If we franchise him this same situation happens next year, when we still arent contending.

I can see your point if you think Caldwell should have paid him top LT money, but he either didnt want to or Monroe didnt want to be back. The latter seems to be more likely.

Here is Monroes situation:

Gets drafted to a team and wins goes 7-9 8-8 2-14 and now we are having another horrible season and are in the midst of a rebuild. Would you rather a.) leave after this year in free agency or b.) return to a rebuilding team after you have njoyed no success in your first 4 years of your career.

He probably didnt want to come back. Yeah we could have franchised him but that wouldnt change any trade value because he would still only have a 1 year deal, like he is right now.

That's crap every time we trade, release or don't resign a guy this board says "he didn't want to come back", they play for MONEY they don't care where they play 80% of the time it's a JOB.

How can we even judge if he WANTED to come back or not, we traded him while still under contract, the party that definitely didn't want him was Caldwell.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:yall are better people than me... how you can sit thru this crap year after year and sit there and lie to yourselves that we are moving in the right direction no matter how many wrong directions we take, is just dumbfounding

this team is a joke

one of the lowest salary caps in the  league, and we are worried about paying a LT money... we would rather use a number 2 overall pick who has looked awful at RT to replace him

i laugh at this team... daily

Yes we know. 31 other teams you can cheer for.

Quote:It's obvious everything that comes out of this organization is a bold faced lie. Gabbert will not have any opportunity to show what he can do now, nor will any QB have a legitimate chance to succeed.

My sarcasm meter didn't go off. Please tell me it was suppose to.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://i.imgur.com/FiutZpK.gif'>http://i.imgur.com/FiutZpK.gif</a>

Quote:DIdnt we hear this same crap 4 years ago, give me a break I'll wait til I see it

None of that crap matter unless Teddy Bridgewater is everything we hope he is, otherwise its 5 more years of this same crap
Did you hear this from Caldwell 4 years ago?

Khan is.........

Bold (faced liar)

Proud (can't admit his real intentions)

Committed (to destroying the NFL in Jacksonville)

We were all Khanned into buying bs gear that they were going to throw out this year because of logo changes, etc. for a discounted price

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/385234608935018496' title="7:47 PM - 1 Oct 13">3m</a>

<p class="">Monroe: "It's definitely is a good thing. It’s a fresh start for me and my family." ... got call from agent tonight, still in Jacksonville.

Quote:If we are stockpiling picks why not shop MJD also?

The Denver/ Jax line just went up another 7 points.

Tanking is now officially in full effect.

Do you know that they aren't shopping MJD?

Did you know that they were shopping Monroe?

On Wisconsin.

Quote:Khan is.........

Bold (faced liar)

Proud (can't admit his real intentions)

Committed (to destroying the NFL in Jacksonville)

We were all Khanned into buying ********** gear that they were going to throw out this year because of logo changes, etc. for a discounted price

Well jump ship now then. What are you doing wasting your time on this board?

Quote:That's crap every time we trade, release or don't resign a guy this board says "he didn't want to come back", they play for MONEY they don't care where they play 80% of the time it's a JOB.

How can we even judge if he WANTED to come back or not, we traded him while still under contract, the party that definitely didn't want him was Caldwell.

Thats because you cant trade players if theyre not under a contract you idiot. Other teams would pay top dollar for an LT in free agency, its not like we are the only team who could pay him.

Quote:The entire offense line has been a huge gaping hole. I applaud the trade, he would have been gone at years end anyway.
Ahh yes... what better way to improve than getting rid of your best Olineman.

You can tell by the way he is talking and his wife being from Bal. and Bal. needing a LT that Monroe seen a easy way out.  Peace

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS'>Pete Prisco ‏@<b>PriscoCBS</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/385234878465183745' title="10:48 PM - 1 Oct 13">4m</a>

<p class="">Ravens had to improve on offensive line, and Jaguars needed picks. Makes sense. Monroe hasn't played as well this season. But talented