Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:We can't assume anything. We don't know. You have changed your stance like 4 times on here. I think the Krazy disease is spreading.

Nothing changed, if we got good compensation I'm fine with moving Monroe.

If we got 3rd day picks it's a crap move.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> 3m

Monroe: "It's definitely is a good thing. It’s a fresh start for me and my family." ... got call from agent tonight, still in Jacksonville.

Wife lives in BAL too, but yeah I bet he was dying to stay here and continue wasting his career like MJD did.

Quote:Do you know that they aren't shopping MJD?

Did you know that they were shopping Monroe?
no, no, and no. I think.

Quote:Nothing changed, if we got good compensation I'm fine with moving Monroe.

If we got 3rd day picks it's a crap move.

So wait until we know. Just wasting time otherwise.

Quote:Do you know that they aren't shopping MJD?

Did you know that they were shopping Monroe?
No. I do not know if they are shopping MJD but they should have long ago.

No. I am very surprised to hear Monroe was traded.

Were these rhetorical questions?

Quote:THIRD DAY DRAFT PICKS!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?

WHY DOES THIS TEAM, NO MATTER WHO IS RUNNING IT, ALWAYS DO THE DUMBEST THINGS!?!?!?

so the plan all along was to draft joekyll and let monroe walk, THUS PUTTING US IN THE SAME POSITION AS BEFORE, BUT SAVING A BIT OF MONEY!??!?!

i honestly cant handle this team anymoore.... i really cant.... this fanbase doesnt deserve this, criminals dont deserve this

this team will be moved soon, and frankly, at this point, i dont know how upset ill be being able to justifiably pick a new team

You cant force players to stay, man. And you need to chill out.

Quote:Khan is.........

Bold (faced liar)

Proud (can't admit his real intentions)

Committed (to destroying the NFL in Jacksonville)

We were all Khanned into buying ********** gear that they were going to throw out this year because of logo changes, etc. for a discounted price
If you didn't realize why they were emptying all the gear out of the stadium, you are a special kind of stupid.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

You know Caldwell is great at evaluating talent. He pretty much hit on every pick in the draft. I'll trust his plan for now. We'll probably bump this thread one day and crack up.

Quote:yall are better people than me... how you can sit thru this crap year after year and sit there and lie to yourselves that we are moving in the right direction no matter how many wrong directions we take, is just dumbfounding

this team is a joke

one of the lowest salary caps in the league, and we are worried about paying a LT money... we would rather use a number 2 overall pick who has looked awful at RT to replace him

i laugh at this team... daily

C'mon Krayz let this play out before we make any assumptions. We aren't winning anything this year and next year. I'm pretty sure we can find a solid RT in the next 2 years to block for TEDDY BRIDGEWATER who is going to MAKE the oline look better because of the way he moves around in the pocket. I'm all for this trade. MJD and Lewis are next.
Shock the world

Quote:How do you know Monroe wants to be here?  His wife is from Bal. and this team is horrible.  If we didn't draft Joeckel this year we would be looking for a RT and a LT at the end of this year

how do i know he wants to be here?? i could care less if he wants to be here

do you HONESTLY think a SINGLE PLAYER on this god forsaken team WANTS to be here aside from the undrafted guy who would play for peanuts?

this is the worst nfl team in history, and over the last 8 years or so, is the worst ran organization in history

Quote:If you didn't realize why they were emptying all the gear out of the stadium, you are a special kind of stupid.
Lol, that was the first thing I thought when I read that.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:how do i know he wants to be here?? i could care less if he wants to be here

do you HONESTLY think a SINGLE PLAYER on this god forsaken team WANTS to be here aside from the undrafted guy who would play for peanuts?

this is the worst nfl team in history, and over the last 8 years or so, is the worst ran organization in history

History I tell you!!!

Quote:Khan is.........

Bold (faced liar)

Proud (can't admit his real intentions)

Committed (to destroying the NFL in Jacksonville)

We were all Khanned into buying ********** gear that they were going to throw out this year because of logo changes, etc. for a discounted price

No end to the humor. Are you twelve and someone stole your bike?

You of course know the inside story and Khan's real intentions.

Why are you sharing your childish rant with us?

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP'>Bart Hubbuch ‏@<b>HubbuchNYP</b></a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP/status/385229791710158848' title="7:28 PM - 1 Oct 13">28m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">No sarcasm: Nice trade by the Jaguars. Joeckel’s natural position is left tackle, and now they have multiple extra picks to work with.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Ok now I hate the deal, since Hubcap likes it.

I'll wait and see how it plays out, because I can't do much else.

With that said, I dont think they are being frugal with this, it's more of a getting something for someone who wasn't in your plans going forward. RT's arent too hard to come by, as long as your GM is competent, and there really wasn't any sense in drafting Luke to play RT at #2 when he was a highly graded LT.  The writing was on the wall for this since draft day.  

Extra picks is how you rebuild, we were told this ad nasuem during the Gene Smith days, but he would always trade up to get players that he fell in love with, so we never saw it practiced. Caldwell is trying to do this the right way.  Give it a chance.

Keep in mind too....if it really was a more sinister motive, "He Who Will Not Be Named" would have been signed when he was released as a cash grab, then cited as a reason for pending relocation.

Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless
;

;

Quote:Did you hear this from Caldwell 4 years ago?
No I heard it from those same so called experts, Gene Smith is a smart guy, he is gonna build this team the right way blah blah blah, Gene was way worst the Shack Harris, Shack gave us 3 winning seasons, 2 playoff games and 1 playoff win, we got worst under Gene Smith.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Thats because you cant trade players if theyre not under a contract you idiot. Other teams would pay top dollar for an LT in free agency, its not like we are the only team who could pay him.

Laughing we have more cap space then almost any other team in the league and you think we wouldn't be able to resign him if we wanted to. Let me clarify obviously you can only trade people under contract, the point is Caldwell moved him so how can you say "he didn't want to be here" it's a crap line people use to justify moving players and getting next to nothing in return.

Disclaimer for JT - We don't know what happened yet this conversation is a hypothetical conversation not to be taking seriously until the details are released.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:00 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Good for the Ravens, though. What a steal.

Theres just some teams in the NFL you shouldn't trade with....Baltimore, New England,.....etc etc

....and on the flip side theres those that you should target potential trades with.....like Arizona, Washington, Oakland....etc etc....ugh, I fear we may be added to this 2nd list soon....

Quote:how do i know he wants to be here?? i could care less if he wants to be here

Then you should no problem understanding hes leaving at the end of this year, and getting something is better than nothing...

Quote:C'mon Krayz let this play out before we make any assumptions. We aren't winning anything this year and next year. I'm pretty sure we can find a solid RT in the next 2 years to block for TEDDY BRIDGEWATER who is going to MAKE the oline look better because of the way he moves around in the pocket. I'm all for this trade. MJD and Lewis are next.

my whole problem with this is.... we had monroe over the offseason who was graded out as top 10 LT.... we then let his value slip horribly, and THEN TRADE him for nothing

we also used a number 2 overall pick to get just as good at the position, if we are lucky a bit better... joekyll has done nothing to give me confidence that he will be a top tier LT

so once again, we use the draft, a high pick, to not get better

and try to be cheap in the process

i get tanking, i get losing to get better, im all for it... I AM NOT ALL FOR GIVING AWAY WHAT FEW ASSETS WE DO HAVE FOR SCRAPS!!!  and i am totally against drafting in the top five to REPLACE WHAT FEW GOOD PLAYERS WE DO HAVE!!!

this team is a joke... doesnt seem to matter who they hire or fire... they all succumb to stupid

and i think khan is behind it all.... i think this team is a goner sooner rather than later