Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:How? If we didnt draft Joeckel we would need a LT and RT come season end. We now have our future at LT

Or you can re-sign your premium LT (you know what good teams do) and you'll have your "bookend tackle tandem" for another 4+ years.

Spend money on an already proven player vs spend draft pick on unknown. Which route did the team take?

The cheap one.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What are you basing that statement on?

I worked side by side with him in ATL. Trust me, he knows his stuff.

Quote:Why not:

What a fleece job the Ravens gave Caldwell.

The Brown's just traded Richardson (a RB playing a non premium position, who put up average numbers behind one of the the league' best offensive lines) for a 1st rounder. And we are only able to muster "multiple 3rd day picks" for a top 10 LT playing a premium position.

Lol in Caldwell I trust amirite?

Spin that.

Are you really that slow? How do you build a team? With picks.

So Caldwell gets picks and has a LT for the future.

I think you're the one that's not too bright.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:C'mon Krayz let this play out before we make any assumptions. We aren't winning anything this year and next year. I'm pretty sure we can find a solid RT in the next 2 years to block for TEDDY BRIDGEWATER who is going to MAKE the oline look better because of the way he moves around in the pocket. I'm all for this trade. MJD and Lewis are next.
I hope the last part of that is true, send em both to NE I don't care if we get 'fleeced' for a bunch of low round picks with those two right now.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Many, many fans defended the Joeckel pick citing Tony Khan/Caldwell:

"Two elite tackles are what is needed now in this league, our QB will perform better with elite bookend tackles."

Trade Monroe.

This team had its eyes set on going the cheap route the entire time. Instead of re-signing one the the leagues best LT's we draft his replacement and STILL have that same gaping hole we had at RT last year.

What a waste of a pick. Shame on those that defended it and believed the garbage that Caldwell and Tony Khan fed you.

Did you ever stop to think that LJ may be mountains better than EM?

Quote:You have beaten the MJD trade (or lack of) to death as of late.  You ricicule the Jags for not getting value for him when he was in your eyes, "tradable"......

Now, the Jags follow your formula to a "T" and you want to critique the move?

You lose all credibility when you start pulling crap like that.

Or rather, reinforces why it was completely lost long, long ago.

This is a great move.  You're getting value for a player who was likely not going to be re-signed.  Your #2 draft pick goes "home" to LT, and you're acquiring the picks you desperately need to rebuild this franchise.

LOL... Monroe was "average at best", "didn't live up to the pick" yadda yadda, while he was here... now that he's traded the rhetoric turns a 180.

Salvaging value for the future of the franchise.  Wise move.  This reinforces the idea our QBs were planned fodder this year.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Your right. We should discuss. Caldwell stinks, jags stink... Oh Khan stinks... Anything else?

Says the one who argued with me about signing a veteran RT in the best RT Free Agency in years then switched gears a few months later.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Knarnn, you should be happy. If the Jags were good you wouldn't be able to whine every week.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:17 PM by Jinjo.)

Here's a quote from monroe

"It's definitely a good thing," he said in a  by CouponDropDown">phone interview. "It's a fresh start for me and my family and it's an opportunity to play football with a different organization."

"its an opportunity to play anywhere but Jacksonville" lol i really cant even blame him for saying that 

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:17 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Yeah, clearly a difference in 4 years of age with a multiple year cheap salary of which the sighing bonus has already been paid. Perfect analogy.

Borderline elite LT >>>>>>> Average RB no matter how you spin it

Quote:Or you can re-sign your premium LT (you know what good teams do) and you'll have your "bookend tackle tandem" for another 4+ years.

Spend money on an already proven player vs spend draft pick on unknown. Which route did the team take?

The cheap one.
How do you know he didnt want to be here?  His wife is from Bal. and when he got traded he said it was great.  He wanted out!

Quote:Here's a quote from monroe

"It's definitely a good thing," he said in a  by CouponDropDown">phone interview. "It's a fresh start for me and my family and it's an opportunity to play football with a different organization."

"its an opportunity to play anywhere but Jacksonville" lol i really cant even blame him for saying that 

If an LT is going to get a max deal, do you honestly think he cares where he is playing. It's just a job to these guys.

Quote:Why not:

What a fleece job the Ravens gave Caldwell.

The Brown's just traded Richardson (a RB playing a non premium position, who put up average numbers behind one of the the league' best offensive lines) for a 1st rounder. And we are only able to muster "multiple 3rd day picks" for a top 10 LT playing a premium position.

Lol in Caldwell I trust amirite?

Spin that.

Spin that? Sure. Monroe's contract was expiring at the end of this season. You do realize how hard it is to get picks for a player that is heading to FA during the middle of the season, right?

sup bro

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:19 PM by Jinjo.)

I used to have this line of thinking, but now that its pretty clear that Monroe didnt want to be back its looking like a good move.

Even if we tagged him he probably would have sat out, or we would have been in the same spot the next year.

Stock piling draft picks and cap space is the way to rebuild.

If this was the best offer Caldwell could get for Monroe, than it was a good trade. Period.

TEST

I think Monroe was always highly overrated on this board and by the organization. 

People want them to tank....

People want them to trade players, and get more picks....

And then they do and everybody is freaking out. 

Teams just don't throw around 1st draft picks for players just because Kharn and Mad Dog say so.

We'll see.  I don't see Caldwell getting fleeced on this deal no matter what he gets.  

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:19 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:How do you know he didnt want to be here? His wife is from Bal. and when he got traded he said it was great. He wanted out!

So you let him walk for a compensatory pick. We would have received at least a 3rd rounder vs "multiple 3rd day picks".

Quote:Or you can re-sign your premium LT (you know what good teams do) and you'll have your "bookend tackle tandem" for another 4+ years.

The cheap one.

The team has bigger holes than one position. The "cheap" one gives you an opportunity at more players, and the cash space for even more players in FA.

sup bro

Quote:Many, many fans defended the Joeckel pick citing Tony Khan/Caldwell:

"Two elite tackles are what is needed now in this league, our QB will perform better with elite bookend tackles."

Trade Monroe.

This team had its eyes set on going the cheap route the entire time. Instead of re-signing one the the leagues best LT's we draft his replacement and STILL have that same gaping hole we had at RT last year.

What a waste of a pick. Shame on those that defended it and believed the garbage that Caldwell and Tony Khan fed you.

you are by far the worst poster on this forum.

TEST

Laughing Demonize the player on his way out, that way we can justify any return or lack of.

Jags Message Board 101

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]