Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

He was not even above average. He keeps getting manhandled. The line is terrible. There is a reason he dropped just like Blaine. There just not good. Caldwell I highly doubt would of picked either of them. And Monroe was picked at 8 not 2. He dropped. So the number 2 pick is wrong. He dropped in our laps at 8. Cause he was not elite.

Caldwell is doing what he can to better the organization. Ne did the same for years. And picked up a ton of good players in later rounds. Reason you don't see it is account of Brady. We are in fact rebuilding. Khan knows this. And Caldwell probably told him this from the get go. Robinson and Sanders are not bad picks. You can't see it cause no QB to throw the ball. Nor a line to block. Our D is pretty good.

Just when there are constant 3and outs. People expect them to play like they are super human. Our biggest issue this year sides QB and o line is depth. We have none. So them picks help out out tremendously.

So flame me all day. But fact remains. This is not our year. And it will take time to get better.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:As another said....the Colts wind up getting a 1st rounder in return for a non premium position with a player that has just proven "average" and we can only get a couple mid/ or late rounders (pending on what sources you believe) in return for a good player playing a premium position.....

yeah, I'd say Jags fans have a right to be upset. 

That said, I will say this: I would have been upset to have to pay Monroe a "MAX" deal next year for a long term deal. He's good, but not "great", and he will likely be paid like "great" had he stayed here. 

I think Joeckel has the higher ceiling of the 2 and will prove to be a better OLT in time, than Monroe. 

Totally differnt situations. Trent has 3 years left on a rookie deal that was already mostly paid for. 

Monroes contract is done after this season and is looking to get paid. That effects trade value significantly. 

^^^^ beats me. 

Quote:The colts did it right? Didn't they give away a first round pick to pick up Richardson? Smacks of desperation to me...
i was talking about when they went 1-15 

Quote:what on EARTH is an elusiveness rating?  Am I behind?  Is he worth a 1st round or not?  I doubt it.  
I think that particular "advanced metric" comes from Madden if I am not mistaken (been more than a few years since I played).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

The fact that we only got 3rd day picks. I cant cosign this. Not a fan of this at all.

Quote:Terrell Suggs thinks this is just another Roger Goodell conspiracy ....one that he really likes.
[Image: 1233445870_ae19b02.gif]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 11:35 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:That statement is so incomplete it's funny. The truth is 3 cheap years >>>>> 12 games in every way unless you're talking fullback, kicker, or punter.

Also, the Colts probably made a stupid trade. That doesn't set precedent for what we can demand for anyone from anyone, much less a soon to be FA.
A running back, in today's pass happy league, will not demand the same value in a trade vs an elite LT EVER. Unless you're an idiot GM. Maybe Irsay is an idiot or maybe its Caldwell.

Do you think Giovanni Bernard (the best young RB in the league) would demand a higher trade value vs Ryan Clady (who's considered the best LT in the game)?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:He was not even above average. He keeps getting manhandled. The line is terrible. There is a reason he dropped just like Blaine. There just not good. Caldwell I highly doubt would of picked either of them. And Monroe was picked at 8 not 2. He dropped. So the number 2 pick is wrong. He dropped in our laps at 8. Cause he was not elite.

Caldwell is doing what he can to better the organization. Ne did the same for years. And picked up a ton of good players in later rounds. Reason you don't see it is account of Brady. We are in fact rebuilding. Khan knows this. And Caldwell probably told him this from the get go. Robinson and Sanders are not bad picks. You can't see it cause no QB to throw the ball. Nor a line to block. Our D is pretty good.

Just when there are constant 3and outs. People expect them to play like they are super human. Our biggest issue this year sides QB and o line is depth. We have none. So them picks help out out tremendously.

So flame me all day. But fact remains. This is not our year. And it will take time to get better.

Isn't the LT drafted in front of him working at Winn Dixie now?

If we got multiple picks for him, it's a steal. Monroe is a humble and solid player, but multiple picks in exchange for him is just impossible to turn down. Good luck Eugene, But it was time for us to move on.

Quote:IDK if I could get Trent Richardson for pennies at 25 I would probably do it. Right now his YPC is awful but according to analytic sites he has a really good elusiveness rating. Havent seen him play all that much so I dont want to cast a strong judgement one way or another.

Laughing Analytic site? Is that you Tony?

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:He was not even above average. He keeps getting manhandled. The line is terrible. There is a reason he dropped just like Blaine. There just not good. Caldwell I highly doubt would of picked either of them. And Monroe was picked at 8 not 2. He dropped. So the number 2 pick is wrong. He dropped in our laps at 8. Cause he was not elite.

Stupid argument.....elite players have fallen in the draft over the annals of NFL history. 

Quote:Totally differnt situations. Trent has 3 years left on a rookie deal that was already mostly paid for. 

Monroes contract is done after this season and is looking to get paid. That effects trade value significantly. 

Roy Williams then

Quote:Where is all of this "borderline elite" talk coming from?

Try Google.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:You don't know Monroe is going to sign a max contract. Apparently the Jags weren't ready to give him that contract. Not to mention wouldn't the compensatory pick be in the 2015 draft?

It wouldn't matter if it was the 2030 draft. A 3rd rounder will always trump multiple 6th and 7ths.

Quote: Laughing Analytic site? Is that you Tony?

Analytics are way better than just looking at how many yards a player ran for, but keep being ignorant!  :thumbsup:

Quote:Try Google.

Google also tells me that the Earth could really be square.

If we traded MJD, the same crap would erupt on here how we traded an elite RB.

Hmmm let's trade a good LT off our line that is already struggling...only to get Teddy so he can get crushed and ruined just like gabby...great idea Caldwell
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right!!!

I don't think you guys realize how much better Bridgewater is going to make us.... I'm talking 6-10 wins better.
Shock the world

Quote:Isn't the LT drafted in front of him working at Winn Dixie now?

exactly. CT Jags is just spewing jibberish.