Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(11-08-2020, 05:39 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 04:11 PM)captivating Wrote: Australia and NZ are just pretend countries anyway.  Do they even exist?  Are you a part of the lamestream media spreading fake news.

The USA have handled this crisis better than every country in the continental US of A....FACT!!

What?

You’ve been whooshed
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-08-2020, 05:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 05:39 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: What?

You’ve been whooshed

The best option there lol.

(11-08-2020, 05:42 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 05:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You’ve been whooshed

The best option there lol.

Meh, his lame attempt at caricature is still more authentic than certain other posters around here these days.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Trump was right about the vaccine.

That is all.

(11-09-2020, 12:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump was right about the vaccine.

That is all.

He said it would be confirmed in November, yes.
But the CARES Act expired in August.
Why didn't he act on the info that the vaccine wouldn't come til November?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

That is all.
It appears big pharma preferred creepy joe to Trump. Like $6.3 million in donations to creepy and $1.6 for Trump. I wonder how much that played in to the timing of Pfizer's release of said success with the vaccine? Nah, not much, couldn't be.

https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/i...hp?ind=h04
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 01:01 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-09-2020, 12:56 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

That is all.
It appears big pharma preferred creepy joe to Trump. Like $6.3 million in donations to creepy and $1.6 for Trump. I wonder how much that played in to the timing of Pfizer's release of said success with the vaccine? Nah, not much, couldn't be.

https://www.opensecrets.org/industries/i...hp?ind=h04

Big pharma trying to stay in their good graces so they aren't shut out when the government decides to take over healthcare.

(11-09-2020, 12:54 PM)mikesez Wrote:

That is all.

He said it would be confirmed in November, yes.

You talking about the money Pelosi has been holding up from desperate people who have had their lives flipped upside down? 

I'd say Pelosi has a special place in hell waiting for her, but I am convinced she might replace the devil.

(11-09-2020, 01:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 12:54 PM)mikesez Wrote: He said it would be confirmed in November, yes.

You talking about the money Pelosi has been holding up from desperate people who have had their lives flipped upside down? 

I'd say Pelosi has a special place in hell waiting for her, but I am convinced she might replace the devil.

You can bring a horse to the facts, but you can't make him read.

Pelosi passed an overly large stimulus bill. 
Trump sent Mnuchin to try to talk her down.
McConnell never passed any bill at all.
Pelosi and Mnuchin never quite agreed either, though they both made moves towards the middle.

Pelosi did her part. Mnuchin was only sent to negotiate with Pelosi.  He did what Trump asked him to do.  But Mnuchin should have been sent to negotiate with McConnell or whoever actually controls the Senate.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 01:29 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-09-2020, 01:26 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 01:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

You can bring a horse to the facts, but you can't make him read.

Pelosi and Mnuchin never quite agreed either, though they both made moves towards the middle.

Pelosi did her part. Mnuchin was only sent to negotiate with Pelosi.  He did what Trump asked him to do.  But Mnuchin should have been sent to negotiate with McConnell or whoever actually controls the Senate.

Nancys bill

[Image: Slow-Roasted-Pork-Shoulder-with-Crispy-C...copy-2.jpg]

(11-09-2020, 01:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 01:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: You can bring a horse to the facts, but you can't make him read.

Nancys bill

[Image: Slow-Roasted-Pork-Shoulder-with-Crispy-C...copy-2.jpg]

Mitch's bill

That's it.  Whitespace.

(11-09-2020, 01:58 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 01:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Nancys bill

Mitch's bill

That's it.  Whitespace.

The key takeaway here is, when we need our government, they aren't there for us. Can we agree on that?

(11-09-2020, 02:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 01:58 PM)mikesez Wrote: Mitch's bill

That's it.  Whitespace.

The key takeaway here is, when we need our government, they aren't there for us. Can we agree on that?

As a conservative, I'd prefer a government that does too little rather than too much.
But as non-sadist, non-anarchist, I'd rather they do too much than nothing at all.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:19 PM by mal234.)

Looking at recent news regarding cases/hospitalizations regarding COVID going up, and more mandates/orders going in place, it feels like we are going backwards. I'm seeing places like Chicago do a stay at home order, and people talk about gyms, restaurants, bars needing to be closed. The same stuff that we did earlier on during the pandemic.

I wish that the MSM would do a better job of discussing that one of the main reasons cases are going up is because we are getting closer to Winter and Cold/flu season. More people are coughing/sneezing, developing colds and are spreading the illness that way. I wish the media would provide suggestions for the ways that people could protect their immune systems and others as well, by practicing healthier habits. Especially during this time of year. The same types of things that can help people combat things like the flu and colds, can also help with COVID-19 as well. Like eating properly, getting rest, taking things like immune shooters drinks, etc... In addition to talking about mask wearing/social distancing, hand washing etc... 

This type of advice could help people and slow the spread of COVID-19. And would be especially helpful for those of us in jobs that are deemed essential and/or have to deal with a lot of people in the public on a daily basis. Good suggestions could help us survive in these types of situations. But the media seems more focused on doom and gloom instead of addressing that this type of the year and the onset of the cold/flu season is a big part of why COVID is spreading even faster right now. And giving suggestions on what can be done to help with that.

(11-14-2020, 04:19 PM)mal234 Wrote: Looking at recent news regarding cases/hospitalizations regarding COVID going up, and more mandates/orders going in place, it feels like we are going backwards. I'm seeing places like Chicago do a stay at home order, and people talk about gyms, restaurants, bars needing to be closed. The same stuff that we did earlier on during the pandemic.

I wish that the MSM would do a better job of discussing that one of the main reasons cases are going up is because we are getting closer to Winter and Cold/flu season. More people are coughing/sneezing, developing colds and are spreading the illness that way. I wish the media would provide suggestions for the ways that people could protect their immune systems and others as well, by practicing healthier habits. Especially during this time of year. The same types of things that can help people combat things like the flu and colds, can also help with COVID-19 as well. Like eating properly, getting rest, taking things like immune shooters drinks, etc... In addition to talking about mask wearing/social distancing, hand washing etc... 

This type of advice could help people and slow the spread of COVID-19. And would be especially helpful for those of us in jobs that are deemed essential and/or have to deal with a lot of people in the public on a daily basis. Good suggestions could help us survive in these types of situations. But the media seems more focused on doom and gloom instead of addressing that this type of the year and the onset of the cold/flu season is a big part of why COVID is spreading even faster right now. And giving suggestions on what can be done to help with that.

These places are already shut down. That didn't stop it because nothing can stop it. Next they will be shortly forced to stay in their home, probably only allowed to leave to get food/meds if they even allow that.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2020, 04:41 PM by mal234.)

(11-14-2020, 04:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 04:19 PM)mal234 Wrote: Looking at recent news regarding cases/hospitalizations regarding COVID going up, and more mandates/orders going in place, it feels like we are going backwards. I'm seeing places like Chicago do a stay at home order, and people talk about gyms, restaurants, bars needing to be closed. The same stuff that we did earlier on during the pandemic.

These places are already shut down. That didn't stop it because nothing can stop it. Next they will be shortly forced to stay in their home, probably only allowed to leave to get food/meds if they even allow that.

For a while here a lot of places did open back up and were functioning, after many originally shut down earlier on this year. But now I'm seeing places like Chicago and New York start to enforce tighter restrictions again. I definitely want people to be safe, though I do feel bad for the businesses that may once again be impacted by this pandemic.

I also saw some people today on places like Twitter complain about places like the gym being open. (And I saw a report about concerns of the illness really spreading in gyms, especially in NYC). The gym I go to in NC is very sanitary and safe. They do an excellent job of cleaning (they always have). And they have sanitizer/disinfectant all over the place. They also do a good job of keeping the machines at least six feet apart. They did this before our state mandated that gyms be closed earlier on this year. And people have to wear a mask if they are walking around the gym/not actively exercising. But if they are exercising a treadmill or a machine they can take the mask off. I think these are good practices. And this is a planet fitness too, which has a lot gyms in this country. If more PF's gyms and gyms in general operated like this, I don't see much of a problem with keeping gyms open in at least some places.

I just feel like there is more we can talk about/do, especially the media regarding how to better deal with this virus. Besides just talking about doom/gloom scenarios and shutting places down.

(11-14-2020, 04:40 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 04:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote: These places are already shut down. That didn't stop it because nothing can stop it. Next they will be shortly forced to stay in their home, probably only allowed to leave to get food/meds if they even allow that.

For a while here a lot of places did open back up and were functioning, after many originally shut down earlier on this year. But now I'm seeing places like Chicago and New York start to enforce tighter restrictions again. I definitely want people to be safe, though I do feel bad for the businesses that may once again be impacted by this pandemic.

I also saw some people today on places like Twitter complain about places like the gym being open. (And I saw a report about concerns of the illness really spreading in gyms, especially in NYC). The gym I go to in NC is very sanitary and safe. They do an excellent job of cleaning (they always have). And they have sanitizer/disinfectant all over the place. They also do a good job of keeping the machines at least six feet apart. They did this before our state mandated that gyms be closed earlier on this year. And people have to wear a mask if they are walking around the gym/not actively exercising. But if they are exercising a treadmill or a machine they can take the mask off. I think these are good practices. And this is a planet fitness too, which has a lot gyms in this country. If more PF's gyms and gyms in general operated like this, I don't see much of a problem with keeping gyms open in at least some places.

I just feel like there is more we can talk about/do, especially the media regarding how to better deal with this virus. Besides just talking about doom/gloom scenarios and shutting places down.

The media doesn't care about educating the public, they care about ratings. As far as they're concerned freaking out the public draws ratings because people are going to come back every morning, noon and night to hear about what they 'should' do. There is no incentive to tell people common sense things. And for crying out loud people should educate themselves. We live in a time when information is literally at our fingertips yet people prefer to be told what to do and what to think. Critical thinking and informed decisions seem to have gone by way of the dinosaur. 

Did your gym wait until Cooper said they could open back up? Mine opened up early. They didn't charge us the monthly fee the whole time they were shut and I know he lost a lot of money. Several gyms/fitness centers/CrossFit boxes across the state were going to sue Cooper. Not sure what happened with that but they decided to reopen before he said they could. There is no reason to shut them down again as long as people observe social distancing and clean the equipment. The same with restaurants, bookstores, coffee shops, retail stores, etc. No reason to shut anything down. In my county we have lost a chain store and a movie theater and many small businesses will not come back from this. 

Like its been said, this is a virus. The flu and the common cold come back every single year. The flu has a vaccine people get every year. Yet the flu comes back because it mutates ever so slightly. I think Covid is here to stay. And there is no way in Hades I'm getting a Covid vaccine. I don't get flu shots or any other vaccines and I don't get sick and I don't trust a vaccine that has not been studied and tested for more than a minute. I eat healthy, I take my vitamins, drink plenty of water, get to the gym, I don't go around licking stair rails and door handles, etc. I do wear a mask when in crowded stores because my husband and my mom ask me to. I think I'll be okay.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 08:19 AM by mal234.)

(11-15-2020, 12:43 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 04:40 PM)mal234 Wrote: For a while here a lot of places did open back up and were functioning, after many originally shut down earlier on this year. But now I'm seeing places like Chicago and New York start to enforce tighter restrictions again. I definitely want people to be safe, though I do feel bad for the businesses that may once again be impacted by this pandemic.

The media doesn't care about educating the public, they care about ratings. As far as they're concerned freaking out the public draws ratings because people are going to come back every morning, noon and night to hear about what they 'should' do. There is no incentive to tell people common sense things. And for crying out loud people should educate themselves. We live in a time when information is literally at our fingertips yet people prefer to be told what to do and what to think. Critical thinking and informed decisions seem to have gone by way of the dinosaur. 

Did your gym wait until Cooper said they could open back up? Mine opened up early. They didn't charge us the monthly fee the whole time they were shut and I know he lost a lot of money. Several gyms/fitness centers/CrossFit boxes across the state were going to sue Cooper. Not sure what happened with that but they decided to reopen before he said they could. There is no reason to shut them down again as long as people observe social distancing and clean the equipment. The same with restaurants, bookstores, coffee shops, retail stores, etc. No reason to shut anything down. In my county we have lost a chain store and a movie theater and many small businesses will not come back from this. 

Like its been said, this is a virus. The flu and the common cold come back every single year. The flu has a vaccine people get every year. Yet the flu comes back because it mutates ever so slightly. I think Covid is here to stay. And there is no way in Hades I'm getting a Covid vaccine. I don't get flu shots or any other vaccines and I don't get sick and I don't trust a vaccine that has not been studied and tested for more than a minute. I eat healthy, I take my vitamins, drink plenty of water, get to the gym, I don't go around licking stair rails and door handles, etc. I do wear a mask when in crowded stores because my husband and my mom ask me to. I think I'll be okay.

My gym actually did wait until the Governor's order was lifted to open. They were closed down for a long time, because they actually closed down before he did his order to close gyms. I remember going there one night to work out when everything was first going on, and then like a couple of days later finding out it was closed. Even though they were doing the social distancing thing with the equipment and being very sanitary, before he gave his order. But I guess because they are part of a major chain, they didn't want to risk staying open at that time.

A lot of other gyms in my area did reopen before he gave them permission to. I don't think that the business owners could stand losing the revenue. Some of other gyms including locally owned ones were doing things like taking the temperature checks of customers and doing other things to try and ensure people's safety. I was very glad when my gym finally opened back up. Sometimes I take walks for exercise, but nothing beats working out in a gym IMHO. I don't care how much people try and hype up things like home workouts it's just not the same and at least to me as effective as being in a gym.

Unfortunately, we did have some businesses go under in my area. Some of our restaurants were forced to close down. Even some ones that were part of larger chains. They just couldn't stand the loss of business due to the shutdown. I'm surprised some of the buffet style places here have managed to survive.

I'm not against vaccinations and have gotten them in the past including the flu shot in October. But I don't feel comfortable going out and taking the COVID vaccine right away. I'm not comfortable with taking something that's been rushed this quickly. I would like to see what effects it may have on people and see it actually be around for a bit, before I really consider taking it.

Just had this conversation with my Daughter that works in a Nursing Home. They have taken every precaution that they can, restrict visitation, the patients don't go out, and masks as well as other things. They are getting a spike in COVID cases and they can't figure out why. It's obvious that Masks don't work and other precautions taken are not doing their job so IMHO, all this Lockdown, Mask stuff is total Male Bovine Droppings. It's about control and nothing else, it's not about your health anymore.
[Image: review.jpg]

(11-17-2020, 03:32 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Just had this conversation with my Daughter that works in a Nursing Home. They have taken every precaution that they can, restrict visitation, the patients don't go out, and masks as well as other things. They are getting a spike in COVID cases and they can't figure out why. It's obvious that Masks don't work and other precautions taken are not doing their job so IMHO, all this Lockdown, Mask stuff is total Male Bovine Droppings. It's about control and nothing else, it's not about your health anymore.

The statement in bold was true months ago.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-17-2020, 04:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 03:32 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Just had this conversation with my Daughter that works in a Nursing Home. They have taken every precaution that they can, restrict visitation, the patients don't go out, and masks as well as other things. They are getting a spike in COVID cases and they can't figure out why. It's obvious that Masks don't work and other precautions taken are not doing their job so IMHO, all this Lockdown, Mask stuff is total Male Bovine Droppings. It's about control and nothing else, it's not about your health anymore.

The statement in bold was true months ago.

I posted a rant that said that very thing months ago in this very thread.........And was laughed at........ Who is right now??????
[Image: review.jpg]