Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2020, 01:42 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(11-21-2020, 01:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1330...50692?s=19

But you and a few others loved Haskins so why would it matter?  If I recall some even wanted to tank for Haskins and take him over Allen. Everyone should know his arm is stronger than Haskins.

I'm guessing Fields won't be including today's game on his highlight reel. Now I'm having second thoughts.

One of the most impressive drives I've seen from Trask.

(11-21-2020, 01:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1330...50692?s=19

But you and a few others loved Haskins so why would it matter?  If I recall some even wanted to tank for Haskins and take him over Allen.  Everyone should know his arm is stronger than Haskins.

What you mean why should it matter. I loved Haskins but like fields a lot more because he has significantly more to his game..which was the point of the tweet

Give me Wilson if we can't get Trevor.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Other than athletic ability and maybe arm strength name 1 thing Fields does better than Trask?

(11-23-2020, 09:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Other than athletic ability and maybe arm strength name 1 thing Fields does better than Trask?

I haven't watched as many Fields games as Trask (which is obvious since I've seen every pass Trask has ever made), but I haven't seen Fields make that two or three completely mind numbing decisions that Trask makes every game.

So, I saw a similar question to this raised in the O-zone today. And I'll go one step further.

Since we have failed repeatedly to select the correct QB in the first round (Byron Leftwich, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles), what if we select a QB at #2 and then another QB with our second first round pick? Something like Fields AND Trask, for example?

(11-23-2020, 10:32 AM)Upper Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 09:13 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Other than athletic ability and maybe arm strength name 1 thing Fields does better than Trask?

I haven't watched as many Fields games as Trask (which is obvious since I've seen every pass Trask has ever made), but I haven't seen Fields make that two or three completely mind numbing decisions that Trask makes every game.

So admittedly, you haven't seen Fields play that many games? Well, if you did, you'd see his lack of a pocket presence, errant throws that are often "saved" by his dynamic receivers and inability to go through his progressions.

(11-23-2020, 04:29 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, I saw a similar question to this raised in the O-zone today.  And I'll go one step further.  

Since we have failed repeatedly to select the correct QB in the first round (Byron Leftwich, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles), what if we select a QB at #2 and then another QB with our second first round pick?   Something like Fields AND Trask, for example?

I'd rather take the BAP at #2 and then take the best available QB with our second pick in the first round and maybe another QB in round 3. I don't want to miss out on a truly elite player, just to fill a need that we may or may not hit on. Besides, if Lawrence is gone, I don't see any QB's even remotely worthy of a top 10 pick. I like a couple and think they could become franchise QB's, but I certainly wouldn't bet my life on it. I'm gonna play the odds and take a player at #2 that I believe has the best chance to be an elite NFL player regardless of position.

(11-23-2020, 04:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 10:32 AM)Upper Wrote: I haven't watched as many Fields games as Trask (which is obvious since I've seen every pass Trask has ever made), but I haven't seen Fields make that two or three completely mind numbing decisions that Trask makes every game.

So admittedly, you haven't seen Fields play that many games? Well, if you did, you'd see his lack of a pocket presence, errant throws that are often "saved" by his dynamic receivers and inability to go through his progressions.

I've seen about half of them.

(11-23-2020, 10:32 AM)Upper Wrote:

Well I saw Fields make 3 terrible throws (INTs) this past weekend that I don't think I've seen Trask make this year. Late over the middle, off balance... just yuck.
Yeah Trask has made a couple (I wouldn't say 2 or 3 every game) throws this season where it's like "what..why?" Usually throwing into double coverage hoping a guy makes a play.

Luckily for these guys only in their 2nd years starting is that some things (like poor decisions/throws) get better with more reps, experience and snaps and some good coaching.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion and your tastes in QB... Whatever tickles your pickle. But I don't get the anti-Trask talk really. Especially since I don't think anyone is advocating taking Trask with the #2 pick..... so it isn't like anyone is overrating Trask really. You just seemingly like to talk trash about the guy while touting another that you don't watch often and is just that sexy pick the media tells you to like.

(11-23-2020, 05:14 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 04:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: So admittedly, you haven't seen Fields play that many games? Well, if you did, you'd see his lack of a pocket presence, errant throws that are often "saved" by his dynamic receivers and inability to go through his progressions.

I've seen about half of them.

Did you see Indiana/OSU? It was clear that Fields' flaws were in full effect on Saturday. A perfect example was a sideline pass that Fields threw to a wide open Chris Olave. It was an easy catch that should've netted big yardage, but Fields panicked and overthrew the ball badly. Luckily, Olave made a spectacular leaping grab. His momentum forced him out of bounds though and instead of a big gain, it was marginal. This happens several times, each and every week.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 05:52 PM by Upper.)

(11-23-2020, 05:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 05:14 PM)Upper Wrote: I've seen about half of them.

Did you see Indiana/OSU? It was clear that Fields' flaws were in full effect on Saturday. A perfect example was a sideline pass that Fields threw to a wide open Chris Olave. It was an easy catch that should've netted big yardage, but Fields panicked and overthrew the ball badly. Luckily, Olave made a spectacular leaping grab. His momentum forced him out of bounds though and instead of a big gain, it was marginal. This happens several times, each and every week.

Yes I watched his one bad game. I forgot QBs weren't allowed to have any of those.

Y'all have really bad reading comprehension, or it's purposeful manipulation...can't tell but either way stop it.

(11-23-2020, 05:51 PM)Upper Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 05:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Did you see Indiana/OSU? It was clear that Fields' flaws were in full effect on Saturday. A perfect example was a sideline pass that Fields threw to a wide open Chris Olave. It was an easy catch that should've netted big yardage, but Fields panicked and overthrew the ball badly. Luckily, Olave made a spectacular leaping grab. His momentum forced him out of bounds though and instead of a big gain, it was marginal. This happens several times, each and every week.

Yes I watched his one bad game. I forgot QBs weren't allowed to have any of those.

Y'all have really bad reading comprehension, or it's purposeful manipulation...can't tell but either way stop it.

His flaws are still the same as when they were when he came to OSU.

(11-23-2020, 04:29 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, I saw a similar question to this raised in the O-zone today.  And I'll go one step further.  

Since we have failed repeatedly to select the correct QB in the first round (Byron Leftwich, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles), what if we select a QB at #2 and then another QB with our second first round pick?   Something like Fields AND Trask, for example?

Nice in theory but actually getting them enough play time to see who's better is the issue. Some might out play each other in practice or the film room but you sorta need to see what your huge investment is at the end of the day

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 07:20 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

For the guys that likes to mix need and BPA. What if the new GM has Fields at the top of his board after Lawrence but he also has Jones and Trask very close. Do you take Fields at 2 since he is just a little higher or do you go with value and take Sewell and grab Jones and Trask with your 1st?

(11-23-2020, 07:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: For the guys that likes to mix need and BPA.  What if the new GM has Fields at the top of his board after Lawrence but he also has Jones and Trask very close.  Do you take Fields at 2 since he is just a little higher or do you go with value and take Sewell and grab Jones and Trask with your 1st?

If Fields is #2 and you pass on him for Sewell because you think Jones/Trask are just as good/right behind him, why should you be confident in thinking that either of those QBs (Jones/Trask) will still be on the board at #22 (where the Rams currently would pick)? All signs are pointing towards the Rams likely picking in the midish 20s.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 07:49 PM by Cleatwood.)

(11-23-2020, 07:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: For the guys that likes to mix need and BPA.  What if the new GM has Fields at the top of his board after Lawrence but he also has Jones and Trask very close.  Do you take Fields at 2 since he is just a little higher or do you go with value and take Sewell and grab Jones and Trask with your 1st?
And what happens if Jones and Trask are taken before your 2nd 1st rounder? Rams (who you thought would have a worse record than the Jags) are going to be picking mid to late 20s.

You don’t risk passing on who you deem a franchise QB because “hey. There MIGHT be another one later.”

Sewell is a fantastic LT prospect. No doubt. But he means nothing if the QB is still Luton or Minshew. Fields is super talented and his one bad game shouldn’t  deter you from his overall gameplay. Dude has 6 interceptions in 506 attempts. He’s not turnover prone, he’s accurate and athletic. 

And this all will be a moot point if the coaching staff is still bad. Fields, Wilson or Trask won’t succeed if the coaching staff is still really bad.

Get Joe Brady and then trust from there.