Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

Mac Jones of Alabama really impressing me with his intermediate throws. He hits his receivers right in stride allowing them to get extra yardage. I'm really impressed. 

Kyle Trask was my #2 QB coming into the season and he was nothing short of phenomenal today. Look for him to be a first round selection by the time the draft rolls around.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If trask is this year's Burrow, jaguars need to draft him.

I'm not ready to bail on Minshew yet...

However... I think Jags have plenty of options next draft not necessarily named Lawrence.
Trask, Jones, Ehlinger, Fields, Costello...

lots of ball left to play for those guys though. Hate that I'm already leaning more into the college season and thinking of Heisman and draft stuff.
Hope the Jags balance out. Hope Minshew balls and we're not thinking about these QBs but just hoping they don't go to Indy and Tenn.

(09-30-2020, 02:21 PM)Kane Wrote: I'm not ready to bail on Minshew yet...

However... I think Jags have plenty of options next draft not necessarily named Lawrence.
Trask, Jones, Ehlinger, Fields, Costello...

lots of ball left to play for those guys though. Hate that I'm  already leaning more into the college season and thinking of Heisman and draft stuff.
Hope the Jags balance out. Hope Minshew balls and we're not thinking about these QBs but just hoping they don't go to Indy and Tenn.

I'm not willing to give up on Minshew either. It's just nice to know that if we do decide we need a QB and since we are not likely to get the #1 pick to secure Lawrence, we can still get a Safety and DT or DE in round 1 and hopefully wait until round 2 to get Trask and a D-Lineman or wait even longer to get QB Mac Jones of Alabama who should be a 3rd to 5th round pick. Hopefully, we won't need a QB at all though. We certainly have other needs.

Let Minshew start one more year while we develop Lance.

(10-01-2020, 10:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Let Minshew start one more year while we develop Lance.

I say we let Minshew finish the season to see if we even need a QB

(10-01-2020, 10:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Let Minshew start one more year while we develop Lance.

Pass. I don't want a small-school, one year starter who won't even be playing football this season. NDSU is playing a one game schedule before the draft, just to showcase this kid. It's ridiculous! What are we gonna learn from one game. He needs to stay in school. I wouldn't touch him right now, even if he fell to the 3rd round. Certainly, not round 1 or even 2.

Indy will def be looking for a qb this draft.

I'm not ready to give up on Minshew yet, but I was watching Josh Allen (the Buffalo QB) last week, and I really envy any team that has a young QB like that. He looked really good to me.

I'm pretty sure Minshew rebounds and has a great game against the Bengals, especially with Chark back. If this doesn't happen and Minshew plays poorly, then I will worry. Chark is the entire key to the passing game. He's the guy who makes the vertical passing game work. Having him back is gonna make a ton of difference.

I like Lance and Fields alot too. Either of the 3 would be great, Lance would probably not be ready to start next year tho. Which is fine.
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(10-04-2020, 11:30 PM)FsuClark08 Wrote: I like Lance and Fields alot too. Either of the 3 would be great, Lance would probably not be ready to start next year tho. Which is fine.

Lance is a bust waiting to happen. One year starter at a small school. As for Fields, I just don't see an NFL starter when I see him. He reminds me of RG3.

1. Lawrence
2. Trask

(10-05-2020, 07:33 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: 1. Lawrence
2. Trask

Agreed. I'd pencil in Mac Jones at #3 as well.

Not sure what y'all are seeing in Trask. He has nice size but he doesn't have great arm talent and every week he makes two or three mind boggling decisions. And obviously he is the opposite of an athlete. He looks like just another of the million good college QBs who are in a great system with superior surrounding talent that isn't going to be more than a backup in the NFL.

(10-06-2020, 09:53 AM)Upper Wrote: Not sure what y'all are seeing in Trask. He has nice size but he doesn't have great arm talent and every week he makes two or three mind boggling decisions. And obviously he is the opposite of an athlete. He looks like just another of the million good college QBs who are in a great system with superior surrounding talent that isn't going to be more than a backup in the NFL.

Laughing

(10-06-2020, 09:53 AM)Upper Wrote: Not sure what y'all are seeing in Trask. He has nice size but he doesn't have great arm talent and every week he makes two or three mind boggling decisions. And obviously he is the opposite of an athlete. He looks like just another of the million good college QBs who are in a great system with superior surrounding talent that isn't going to be more than a backup in the NFL.

I could care less about my QB being an "athlete." Arm talent is also secondary for me. I want a high football I.Q. I want someone who can make quick reads, find open receivers and have a high completion percentage. We've tried "athletes" on this team. It never works out. I want someone who has football intelligence and is confident in their own abilities to make quick decisions and get the ball out. Gimme a Tom Brady type over a Lamar Jackson type any day of the week and twice on Sunday. We've never had a QB with a high football IQ who can be good on a consistent basis. They are either flat out bad or lack consistency, because they get confused by different defensive schemes.

(10-06-2020, 02:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I could care less about my QB being an "athlete." Arm talent is also secondary for me. I want a high football I.Q. I want someone who can make quick reads, find open receivers and have a high completion percentage. We've tried "athletes" on this team. It never works out. I want someone who has football intelligence and is confident in their own abilities to make quick decisions and get the ball out. Gimme a Tom Brady type over a Lamar Jackson type any day of the week and twice on Sunday. We've never had a QB with a high football IQ who can be good on a consistent basis. They are either flat out bad or lack consistency, because they get confused by different defensive schemes.

We have that already. Sounds like Minshew.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(10-06-2020, 07:44 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 02:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I could care less about my QB being an "athlete." Arm talent is also secondary for me. I want a high football I.Q. I want someone who can make quick reads, find open receivers and have a high completion percentage. We've tried "athletes" on this team. It never works out. I want someone who has football intelligence and is confident in their own abilities to make quick decisions and get the ball out. Gimme a Tom Brady type over a Lamar Jackson type any day of the week and twice on Sunday. We've never had a QB with a high football IQ who can be good on a consistent basis. They are either flat out bad or lack consistency, because they get confused by different defensive schemes.

We have that already. Sounds like Minshew.

Minshew lacks instincts and football I.Q. He is an athlete who runs well with the ball, but he's slow making reads and panics when rushed. He's is nothing like what I'm describing. At best, he's a game manager.

(10-06-2020, 02:40 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

I mentioned that part too. I haven't seen anything from Trask that makes me think he has an especially high football IQ.