Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(11-23-2020, 08:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: No one else does Lutefisk?

You do and you’ll clean it up Mister!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-23-2020, 09:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 09:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Weirdo.

It cleans out your system. And your silverware.  Big Grin

A guy I worked with was first generation American. His parents were from the Old Country. He told the story of his brother bringing his girlfriend to the parent's for a get together. When they pulled into the driveway the girlfriend wrinkled her nose and asked "What's that smell?" He replied "Dinner". 

Gelatinous fish doesn't even sound edible.

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 10:58 PM by mikesez.)

I like green bean casserole. I've had it the standard soup can recipe way but also fancied up with gourmet mushrooms and even truffle oil.

The thing I have little patience for is stuffing. The MIL likes to put citrus fruits and spices up in the turkey and that's great, but she also feels obligated to make a pot of stouffer's stuffing with a can of turkey broth and I never saw the point. It doesn't taste that good.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I came here to complain about NC requiring masks be worn anytime we're outside of our house beginning Wednesday and y'all are talking about gelatinous fish and exploding turkeys.... Way to ruin the epic rant I had planned.

So, who else has a clam boil for Thanksgiving?

(11-23-2020, 11:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I came here to complain about NC requiring masks be worn anytime we're outside of our house beginning Wednesday and y'all are talking about gelatinous fish and exploding turkeys.... Way to ruin the epic rant I had planned.

Any time you’re outside? That’s gotta suck!

(11-23-2020, 11:53 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 11:26 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I came here to complain about NC requiring masks be worn anytime we're outside of our house beginning Wednesday and y'all are talking about gelatinous fish and exploding turkeys.... Way to ruin the epic rant I had planned.

Any time you’re outside? That’s gotta suck!
The outside rule only applies in public places when it is not possible to consistently maintain a six foot distance from non-household members.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(11-24-2020, 12:21 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 11:53 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Any time you’re outside? That’s gotta suck!
The outside rule only applies in public places when it is not possible to consistently maintain a six foot distance from non-household members.

Okay that’s a little better. With the rules some states are coming up with lately, you never know.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 01:28 AM by americus 2.0.)

(11-24-2020, 12:21 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 11:53 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Any time you’re outside? That’s gotta suck!
ETA**: the mandate itself does specify outdoor public places but on the news they are strongly encouraging people to wear them all the time and everywhere. 

According to the mandate put out today it is anytime we're outside of our house. No specifications for public vs anywhere else. How they would enforce this, who knows.

They also don't want us "mixing households" which means technically we're not supposed to go hang out with family or friends. There are other lovely mandates laid out for us minions. 

Our governor is a democrat and has been chomping at the bit to lock us down as individuals. He hasn't sent us back to phase one or two of statewide lockdown, just letting us simmer in phase three. We've been in some form of lockdown since March.

(11-24-2020, 12:52 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 12:21 AM)Sneakers Wrote: The outside rule only applies in public places when it is not possible to consistently maintain a six foot distance from non-household members.

Okay that’s a little better. With the rules some states are coming up with lately, you never know.

There is no specification in the mandate, it says anytime you're outside of your house. I believe it also says whether we're social distancing or not, wear the mask outside. I'm not wearing a mask in a parking lot while walking to my truck from a store. Anytime I'm outside and away from people I'm not wearing it. That's just stupid.

(11-23-2020, 10:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 09:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: It cleans out your system. And your silverware.  Big Grin

A guy I worked with was first generation American. His parents were from the Old Country. He told the story of his brother bringing his girlfriend to the parent's for a get together. When they pulled into the driveway the girlfriend wrinkled her nose and asked "What's that smell?" He replied "Dinner". 

Gelatinous fish doesn't even sound edible.

Yeah its quite an odor. 

It's not a mainstay in my family but it's been done a time or two. Too many old swedes and finns insistent upon it haha.

These restrictions are absurd.

(11-24-2020, 07:45 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: These restrictions are absurd.

And except against the poor business owners, almost entirely unenforceable. It's not a display of power with most politicians, it's about reelection rhetoric. Bankrupt small business owners who vote against them are an acceptable write-off as compared to general population straight ticket voters.

(11-24-2020, 01:15 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 12:21 AM)Sneakers Wrote: The outside rule only applies in public places when it is not possible to consistently maintain a six foot distance from non-household members.
ETA**: the mandate itself does specify outdoor public places but on the news they are strongly encouraging people to wear them all the time and everywhere. 

According to the mandate put out today it is anytime we're outside of our house. No specifications for public vs anywhere else. How they would enforce this, who knows.

They also don't want us "mixing households" which means technically we're not supposed to go hang out with family or friends. There are other lovely mandates laid out for us minions. 

Our governor is a democrat and has been chomping at the bit to lock us down as individuals. He hasn't sent us back to phase one or two of statewide lockdown, just letting us simmer in phase three. We've been in some form of lockdown since March.

(11-24-2020, 12:52 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Okay that’s a little better. With the rules some states are coming up with lately, you never know.

There is no specification in the mandate, it says anytime you're outside of your house. I believe it also says whether we're social distancing or not, wear the mask outside. I'm not wearing a mask in a parking lot while walking to my truck from a store. Anytime I'm outside and away from people I'm not wearing it. That's just stupid.
Here's the actual text (Executive Order 180)

2.1. Face Coverings Required In Public Places. a. The undersigned enacts the following restriction on the movement of people in public places and restriction on the operation of offices, business establishments, schools, and other places where people may travel or congregate. b. For any place outside the home, including but not limited to businesses, schools, and other establishments and spaces: 1. Face Coverings must be worn indoors if anyone else is in that space who is not a member of the same household. 2. Face Coverings must be worn outdoors if it is not possible to consistently be physically distant by more than six ( 6) feet from non-household members. 
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 09:04 AM by mal234.)

(11-24-2020, 01:15 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

(11-24-2020, 12:52 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Okay that’s a little better. With the rules some states are coming up with lately, you never know.

I just saw these mandates for NC. I do believe that masks protect people, but at least a bit of this seems extreme. Like the wear them on in the gym. My gym already does a good job of sanitizing the place and social distancing. They were enforcing mask wearing for people who weren't actively working out. But we could take them off when we were actively working out like on a treadmill. Now it sounds like we have to wear them on machines. I think that could get uncomfortable, possibly very uncomfortable for people who work out vigorously.

I was thinking of going to the gym to exercise this week. I don't go as much as I used to because of my work schedule. But I have to be honest, this may deter me from going to it less. I already wear the mask 40+hours a week for work, plus anytime I go to public places like stores, etc... But at some point people do need to breathe and I think that should be allowed to happen in a gym that's very clean and has provided at least 6ft of distance between exercise equipment. My gym does that. I don't have an issue with people being required to wear the mask when they are not actively working out and just walking around the gym. But people that are actively working out and are on machines that are distanced shouldn't have to wear a masks. I think that could cause problems for people's health, like more difficulty breathing when they are working out. I also wonder if people are more likely to get overheated more if they are working out strenuously with a mask on.

If I go to the gym while this rule is in effect, I won't exercise nearly as long as I used to. Because I think that I can only stand exercising so much with a mask on. And that's unfortunate, because I need to work out, especially since I don't get to do it that much to begin with anymore because of my work schedule.

(11-24-2020, 08:36 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 01:15 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: ETA**: the mandate itself does specify outdoor public places but on the news they are strongly encouraging people to wear them all the time and everywhere. 

Here's the actual text (Executive Order 180)

2.1. Face Coverings Required In Public Places. a. The undersigned enacts the following restriction on the movement of people in public places and restriction on the operation of offices, business establishments, schools, and other places where people may travel or congregate. b. For any place outside the home, including but not limited to businesses, schools, and other establishments and spaces: 1. Face Coverings must be worn indoors if anyone else is in that space who is not a member of the same household. 2. Face Coverings must be worn outdoors if it is not possible to consistently be physically distant by more than six ( 6) feet from non-household members. 

Thanks. I was unable to copy/paste on my Kindle last night. And while that is the mandate, when you listen to the dictator in his press conferences and new clips, not to mention what the local media is putting out, he pretty much says it without saying it- WEAR IT NO MATTER WHAT.

[Image: IMG-20201120-231413.jpg]

(11-24-2020, 08:46 AM)mal234 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 01:15 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: ETA**: the mandate itself does specify outdoor public places but on the news they are strongly encouraging people to wear them all the time and everywhere. 

I just saw these mandates for NC. I do believe that masks protect people, but at least a bit of this seems extreme. Like the wear them on in the gym. My gym already does a good job of sanitizing the place and social distancing. They were enforcing mask wearing for people who weren't actively working out. But we could take them off when we were actively working out like on a treadmill. Now it sounds like we have to wear them on machines. I think that could get uncomfortable, possibly very uncomfortable for people who work out vigorously.

I was thinking of going to the gym to exercise this week. I don't go as much as I used to because of my work schedule. But I have to be honest, this may deter me from going to it less. I already wear the mask 40+hours a week for work, plus anytime I go to public places like stores, etc... But at some point people do need to breathe and I think that should be allowed to happen in a gym that's very clean and has provided at least 6ft of distance between exercise equipment. My gym does that. I don't have an issue with people being required to wear the mask when they are not actively working out and just walking around the gym. But people that are actively working out and are on machines that are distanced shouldn't have to wear a masks. I think that could cause problems for people's health, like more difficulty breathing when they are working out. I also wonder if people are more likely to get overheated more if they are working out strenuously with a mask on.

If I go to the gym while this rule is in effect, I won't exercise nearly as long as I used to. Because I think that I can only stand exercising so much with a mask on. And that's unfortunate, because I need to work out, especially since I don't get to do it that much to begin with anymore because of my work schedule.

Is the sheriff in your county planning on enforcing any of the fines? Ours isn't. I live in a red county (overwhelmingly vote republican so our local law enforcement is red too) and they have said they don't plan to enforce anything unless crap hits the fan pretty hard. I did see where Greenville is already being 100% compliant. Probably have snitches everywhere. 

And yeah, wearing a mask while on the treadmill or the elliptical? Lololol. The cardio equipment is already distant and what isn't is roped off. The weights and benches have always been distant and we've always wiped stuff down when we're finished with what we're using. It's a locally owned gym and we are all respectful of each other's space so this crap isn't necessary. You should ask the folks at yours where they stand with the mandate. Being part of a corporate gym they may not have many options.

(11-24-2020, 05:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: IMG-20201120-231413.jpg]

Flash in the pan. EVERYONE out here hates him already.

(11-24-2020, 05:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 05:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [Image: IMG-20201120-231413.jpg]

Flash in the pan. EVERYONE out here hates him already.

You guys need to Gray Davis that clown.

(11-24-2020, 06:09 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 05:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Flash in the pan. EVERYONE out here hates him already.

You guys need to Gray Davis that clown.

Trying to lock everyone down immediately after his French Laundry debacle has alienated absolutely everyone I know regardless of political leanings.

Just protest and set something on fire and your gathering is fine

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk