Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(12-12-2020, 09:36 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 03:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And every bit as effective too!

It's a bit sad that you think covering your mouth is ineffective.  Everyone knows you cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze to stop projecting droplets on to others.

That's what masks do, they help you stop infecting others.  Plus if the other wear a mask, it provides a barriers between your noise and mouth and any droplets.

If everyone wears masks, it makes a difference.

It's all because of the Trump worship, tbh.  He never missed an opportunity to disparage masks, and all because he thought wearing them was a sign of personal weakness.  Therefore, his adherents started with the premise that masks are bad, then used a reverse construction mechanism to back up their Trump-inspired opinions concerning masks.  Let's just be happy that Trump didn't publicly address seatbelts or football helmets in the same way, because there would have been plenty of stupid people coming out of the woodwork on this too.

If Trump would have come out at the beginning and said people need to be wearing masks, people like JIB would probably have offered to be frontline mask enforcement officers.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-12-2020, 09:36 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 03:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And every bit as effective too!

It's a bit sad that you think covering your mouth is ineffective.  Everyone knows you cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze to stop projecting droplets on to others.

That's what masks do, they help you stop infecting others.  Plus if the other wear a mask, it provides a barriers between your noise and mouth and any droplets.

Well gosh, if Everyone knows it then it couldn't possibly be wrong. That's how we know the Earth is flat, the moon is made of cheese, and you put the open end of your horseshoe ring towards you to keep all the luck in.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-12-2020, 10:12 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 09:36 PM)captivating Wrote: It's a bit sad that you think covering your mouth is ineffective.  Everyone knows you cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze to stop projecting droplets on to others.

It's all because of the Trump worship, tbh.  He never missed an opportunity to disparage masks, and all because he thought wearing them was a sign of personal weakness.  Therefore, his adherents started with the premise that masks are bad, then used a reverse construction mechanism to back up their Trump-inspired opinions concerning masks.  Let's just be happy that Trump didn't publicly address seatbelts or football helmets in the same way, because there would have been plenty of stupid people coming out of the woodwork on this too.

If Trump would have come out at the beginning and said people need to be wearing masks, people like JIB would probably have offered to be frontline mask enforcement officers.

It's all because of Trump Derangement Syndrome, tbh. The media never missed an opportunity to disparage anything he did, and all because they hated that he defeated Shillary in 2016. Therefore, his opponents started with the premise that anything he is for they are against and anything he is against they are for, then used a reverse construction mechanism to back up their anti-Trump opinions concerning damn near everything. We should be really disappointed that Trump never came out against suicide since it would've ridded the world of significant number of morons who can't think for themselves about anything.

When Trump said at the beginning that we needed to close the borders people like Schumer and Pelosi couldn't wait to run out and contradict him publicly and encouraged the public to do the same, then a few months later they had the audacity to accuse Trump of not taking the Peking Lung Pox seriously.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I saw a dude in Chipotle tonight wearing a mask with his nose hanging out. Is that effective to the doctors in this thread?

(12-12-2020, 10:12 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 09:36 PM)captivating Wrote: It's a bit sad that you think covering your mouth is ineffective.  Everyone knows you cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze to stop projecting droplets on to others.

My God you people are stupid.

[BLEEP] what Trump says. Or what the Doctors paid off by the established politicians say.

Common sense says a cloth mask that never gets changed or washed does ZERO when it comes to a [BLEEP] virus.

Enjoy being a sheep.. because I will enjoy what I need to do when the time comes. Smile

(12-12-2020, 11:04 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 10:12 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: It's all because of the Trump worship, tbh.  He never missed an opportunity to disparage masks, and all because he thought wearing them was a sign of personal weakness.  Therefore, his adherents started with the premise that masks are bad, then used a reverse construction mechanism to back up their Trump-inspired opinions concerning masks.  Let's just be happy that Trump didn't publicly address seatbelts or football helmets in the same way, because there would have been plenty of stupid people coming out of the woodwork on this too.

[BLEEP] what Trump says. Or what the Doctors paid off by the established politicians say.

Common sense says a cloth mask that never gets changed or washed does ZERO when it comes to a [BLEEP] virus.

Enjoy being a sheep.. because I will enjoy what I need to do when the time comes. Smile

The same common sense that says covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze stops droplets being projected into the air.

Don't need Doctors or anyone else to tell me that.

(12-11-2020, 09:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 08:39 AM)Sneakers Wrote: The new definition of "social irresponsibility".

I could use a good laugh, why don't you explain the "science" supporting your mask theory? 

Are you really unable to understand the relationship between the party and the shutdown?

The science is pretty clear, the use of masks without 1. correct and continual use, and 2. adherence to the entire spectrum of PPE protocols leads to little to no reduction in transmission of viral contagions. In fact, the use of ineffective cloth face masks actually creates a false sense of security that relaxes the use of the truly effective protocols. So every time Suzy Sunshine touches her mask, pulls down her mask, wears her mask under her nose or chin, reuses her mask without washing it, stands within 6 feet of another person, or fails to wash her hands properly she almost certainly eliminates any benefit received from wearing a non-standardized, ill-fitting, Chinese-manufactured, insufficiently layered, piece of cotton on her face.

But hey, you don't have to take my word for it, this guy sourced like 50 different studies in his review:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspect...sound-data

You're letting emotion cloud your objectivity.  The statement was "The masks do nothing period.", which is ridiculous.   In support thereof, you've posted a vague study with noncommittal conclusions about their effectiveness, based on the method of use, not their actual physical characteristics and capabilities, which is the focus of the discussion.  

Like any device, it's most effective when used properly.  Preventing the spread of the virus requires a cumulative and multifaceted approach.  Masks, distancing, hand washing, etc. are all helpful and part of the solution.  A cheap cotton mask helps, an N95 mask helps more.  6 feet isn't a magic number, beyond which you're automatically safe.  6 feet is better than 4 feet, but 8 is better than 6.  Any mask at any distance is better than no mask at the same distance.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-12-2020, 11:15 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 11:04 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: My God you people are stupid.

The same common sense that says covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze stops droplets being projected into the air.

Common sense says don't let 99.9% survivability change what you do.

But hey cowards are cowards

(12-12-2020, 11:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 11:15 PM)captivating Wrote: The same common sense that says covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze stops droplets being projected into the air.

Common sense says don't let 99.9% survivability change what you do.

52.1m closed cases, 1.6m deaths = 3% death rate.

But don't let facts get in the way of your awesome sheep rant.

(12-13-2020, 01:40 AM)captivating Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 11:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Common sense says don't let 99.9% survivability change what you do.

TP's tough guy talk is sexy, though, aint it?
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-13-2020, 01:40 AM)captivating Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 11:27 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Common sense says don't let 99.9% survivability change what you do.

Don't you ever question how the current Serious Case metric never exceeds one half of one percent of current cases yet you claim a 3% death rate? 2.5% of mild cases do Not end in the patient's death. Think man, think!

First COVID vaccine administered today. A remarkable achievement for the Trump administration, whom were laughed at and mocked repeatedly by the MSM for insisting there would be a vaccine out before the end of the year. This administration created the blueprint for fast tracking vaccine development for future pandemics.

History will be kind to the accomplishments of this administration when all of the noise has cleared.

(12-14-2020, 05:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: First COVID vaccine administered today. A remarkable achievement for the Trump administration, whom were laughed at and mocked repeatedly by the MSM for insisting there would be a vaccine out before the end of the year. This administration created the blueprint for fast tracking vaccine development for future pandemics.

History will be kind to the accomplishments of this administration when all of the noise has cleared.

Good trolling SC! Nearly took that seriously.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2020, 06:02 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(12-14-2020, 05:58 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 05:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: First COVID vaccine administered today. A remarkable achievement for the Trump administration, whom were laughed at and mocked repeatedly by the MSM for insisting there would be a vaccine out before the end of the year. This administration created the blueprint for fast tracking vaccine development for future pandemics.

Good trolling SC! Nearly took that seriously.

Trump also recently brokered a Israel-Morocco peace deal as well. I believe that makes 4 in the last few months.

Also, everything I stated is literally a fact, so that rules out trolling.

It is quite the accomplishment to not only get the vaccine(s) developed, but also have the plan and logistics in place to rapidly deploy it.

I personally will not be getting it anytime soon (my personal choice).  For all I know I could have already gotten and got over the China virus and even if I haven't, I'm not afraid to catch what amounts to a flu.

For the benefit of cleatwood, we did have our "super spreader" party this past weekend.  It was nice to be with family and friends hugging, kissing and not a mask in sight.  I even got to meet a few folks from California and Georgia.  They "quarantined" with us before heading home this morning.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-14-2020, 06:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It is quite the accomplishment to not only get the vaccine(s) developed, but also have the plan and logistics in place to rapidly deploy it.

I personally will not be getting it anytime soon (my personal choice).  For all I know I could have already gotten and got over the China virus and even if I haven't, I'm not afraid to catch what amounts to a flu.

For the benefit of cleatwood, we did have our "super spreader" party this past weekend.  It was nice to be with family and friends hugging, kissing and not a mask in sight.  I even got to meet a few folks from California and Georgia.  They "quarantined" with us before heading home this morning.
Good ol fashinon orgy.

Sounds awesome dude! Lots of suspense leading up to this party you hyped up. Glad you did it and shared with all of us.

(12-14-2020, 07:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 06:56 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It is quite the accomplishment to not only get the vaccine(s) developed, but also have the plan and logistics in place to rapidly deploy it.

Good ol fashinon orgy.

Sounds awesome dude! Lots of suspense leading up to this party you hyped up. Glad you did it and shared with all of us.

I wouldn't call it an "orgy".  It's called living a normal life.  You need to mask up, social distance and get to McDonalds in time for your shift tomorrow.  The fries don't cook themselves!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-14-2020, 07:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 07:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good ol fashinon orgy.

I wouldn't call it an "orgy".  It's called living a normal life.  You need to mask up, social distance and get to McDonalds in time for your shift tomorrow.  The fries don't cook themselves!
Bahahaha 

There ya go. Do you feel better now that you got that out of your system?

(12-12-2020, 11:04 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 10:12 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: It's all because of the Trump worship, tbh.  He never missed an opportunity to disparage masks, and all because he thought wearing them was a sign of personal weakness.  Therefore, his adherents started with the premise that masks are bad, then used a reverse construction mechanism to back up their Trump-inspired opinions concerning masks.  Let's just be happy that Trump didn't publicly address seatbelts or football helmets in the same way, because there would have been plenty of stupid people coming out of the woodwork on this too.

Viruses are too small to be stopped by a cloth mask. Water coming from a person's mouth via cough can atomize just as it can from a typical sprayer. The virus can ride those small water particles right through the cloth mask.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(12-14-2020, 06:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 05:58 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Good trolling SC! Nearly took that seriously.

Trump also recently brokered a Israel-Morocco peace deal as well. I believe that makes 4 in the last few months.

Also, everything I stated is literally a fact, so that rules out trolling.

I see so Trump/government is responsible for the vaccine?

As Britain got it first should Trump thank the National Health Service/Boris?

This is all quite confusing but it looks like government healthcare is world leading.