Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB's

Fields is struggling so far against the Northwestern defense. Not all his fault but he is in for a rough day if things don't change.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 02:00 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

Jaguars draft Fields, gonna be like Bortles type of qb play again for 5 seasons. Draft Trevor Lawrence or bust.

(12-19-2020, 01:57 PM)Dimson Wrote: Fields is struggling so far against the Northwestern defense. Not all his fault but he is in for a rough day if things don't change.
He is missing wide open WRs with some pressure. He is never going to be a franchise QB, he will flash but never put it all together.

Unfortunately the Jags may be forced into picking him.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(12-19-2020, 02:09 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 01:57 PM)Dimson Wrote: Fields is struggling so far against the Northwestern defense. Not all his fault but he is in for a rough day if things don't change.
He is missing wide open WRs with some pressure. He is never going to be a franchise QB, he will flash but never put it all together.

Why would they be forced in to picking him?

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 02:18 PM by CanDoBetter.)

(12-19-2020, 02:11 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 02:09 PM)p_rushing Wrote: He is missing wide open WRs with some pressure. He is never going to be a franchise QB, he will flash but never put it all together.

Why would they be forced in to picking him?

Because they would be really afraid to have that stain on their record if Fields does become a franchise qb. Probably only Belichick could avoid a consensus No 2 pick at 2 if he didn't like what he saw. 

I'm pretty sure they will pick Fields even if they prefer another qb (or even someone at another position). 

So yeah, not forced but in reality they will be ridiculed until it turns out Fields is a Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf type of bust. And he won't . Even if he's worse than most people think he'll be a Sam Darnold type.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 02:28 PM by Dimson.)

(12-19-2020, 02:17 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 02:11 PM)Dimson Wrote: Why would they be forced in to picking him?

Because they would be really afraid to have that stain on their record if Fields does become a franchise qb. Probably only Belichick could avoid a consensus No 2 pick at 2 if he didn't like what he saw. 

I'm pretty sure they will pick Fields even if they prefer another qb (or even someone at another position). 

So yeah, not forced but in reality they will be ridiculed until it turns out Fields is a Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf type of bust. And he won't . Even if he's worse than most people think he'll be a Sam Darnold type.

That makes no sense. If he isn't the second best guy you don't take him. Who cares what the media or the fans think. You take the guy who you feel is the best for your team.

Fields holds the ball too long. Too much hesitation to pull the trigger. Slow thinker. Windows are way tighter in the nfl than in college and with all his hype he should be putting up numbers like a pinball machine.

Equals high draft pick bust.

(12-19-2020, 02:29 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Fields holds the ball too long. Too much hesitation to pull the trigger.  Slow thinker.  Windows are way tighter in the nfl than in college and with all his hype he should be putting up numbers like a pinball machine.  

I do think he holds on to the ball too long but that doesn't mean he is a slow thinker. It could be plenty of reasons he is holding on it too long.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 02:31 PM by homebiscuit.)

(12-19-2020, 02:29 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Fields holds the ball too long. Too much hesitation to pull the trigger.  Slow thinker.  Windows are way tighter in the nfl than in college and with all his hype he should be putting up numbers like a pinball machine.  

For once I agree with you. He’s looking easily rattled and not thinking dynamically.

(12-19-2020, 02:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

For once I agree with you. He’s looking easily rattled and not thinking dynamically.

Not having his best WR has definitely seemed to have thrown him off.

Geez, Fields looks indecisive in the pocket. I was giving Fields a pass on the Indiana game because everyone has an off day occasionally, but he looks even worse today. I'm not seeing anything impressive about him as a passer at all.
I really hope this guy isn't the second best QB in the next draft.

(12-19-2020, 02:59 PM)scottyg Wrote: Geez, Fields looks indecisive in the pocket.  I was giving Fields a pass on the Indiana game because everyone has an off day occasionally, but he looks even worse today.  I'm not seeing anything impressive about him as a passer at all.  

He is definitely being out played by Peyton.

(12-19-2020, 02:45 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 02:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: For once I agree with you. He’s looking easily rattled and not thinking dynamically.

Not having his best WR has definitely seemed to have thrown him off.
That is the big knock on him. He is used to having players that are better than everyone else on the field.
(12-19-2020, 02:59 PM)scottyg Wrote: Geez, Fields looks indecisive in the pocket. I was giving Fields a pass on the Indiana game because everyone has an off day occasionally, but he looks even worse today. I'm not seeing anything impressive about him as a passer at all.
He is a rb that can throw. It doesn't mean he can play QB. He doesn't have good footwork and makes poor decisions. When you take away his athleticism, he is average at best.

I am extremely skeptical when it comes to Ohio State QB's... they play with an excellent line, talented receivers against lesser opposition for the most part. Large windows to put the ball in and a good running attack. They always have a defense to lean on that is above average. Who was the last quarterback to come out of that school, my bad for not remembering. I would try to sell someone close to us in the draft order on moving up to get Fields and take the offensive tackle. If you can't find anyone maybe that will tell you something?
A new broom always sweeps clean.

What's happening? I was hoping to see why Fields is so highly rated and instead I get a terrible performance.

I think he's ready for Jacksonville.

(12-19-2020, 02:59 PM)scottyg Wrote: Geez, Fields looks indecisive in the pocket.  I was giving Fields a pass on the Indiana game because everyone has an off day occasionally, but he looks even worse today.  I'm not seeing anything impressive about him as a passer at all.  

In his last 2.5 games against good defenses he's been less than impressive. Isn't his athleticism supposed to help him escape pressure? He's been sacked 3 or 4 times and pressured a ton.

Also OSU as a team doesnt look worthy of the 4 seed or playoff imo

Changed my mind on Fields. Would be a big mistake IMO. Take Wilson or Sewell.

Best thing that could improve Fields draft stock is not playing if possible. Well any team that has a winning record...
A new broom always sweeps clean.

After Indiana, I said one bad game shouldn't keep us from taking Fields.

But now patterns are emerging, and I'm officially off the wagon. Wilson is playing inferior competition, but he's far better against the blitz.

Ohio State's line isn't great today, but Fields's isn't doing it any favors. I've gotta see a better performance against a good team before I want the Jags to take him now.

I say draft Sewell and see who is left, if anyone, with the 2nd 1rd pick. Otherwise, BAP there and roll with Minshew another year.