Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

As usual, you guys are completely missing the essential fact of what happened today.

The President of the USA gave a speech in Washington DC to thousands of his most loyal followers. He lied repeatedly to them, and then ended the speech by telling them to march down Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol and pressure Congress to overturn the results of the election. The crowd did just that.

Trump literally provoked an act of domestic terrorism against the US government, with the intention of overturning democratic election results.

The clear cause and effect couldn't be any more stark, and it's incredible you can't see it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-06-2021, 09:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Check out the picture at the top of the story. The ol' MSM doesn't miss a trick, do they? 

Biden urges restoring decency after 'assault' on democracy (news4jax.com)

News4Hacks
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(01-06-2021, 09:11 PM)JagJohn Wrote: As usual, you guys are completely missing the essential fact of what happened today.

The President of the USA gave a speech in Washington DC to thousands of his most loyal followers. He lied repeatedly to them, and then ended the speech by telling them to march down Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol and pressure Congress to overturn the results of the election. The crowd did just that.

Trump literally provoked an act of domestic terrorism against the US government, with the intention of overturning democratic election results.

The clear cause and effect couldn't be any more stark, and it's incredible you can't see it.

Bad lemmings!  Bad!
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(01-06-2021, 09:11 PM)JagJohn Wrote: As usual, you guys are completely missing the essential fact of what happened today.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 09:30 PM by p_rushing.)

There it is. Antifa storms the capital and then the RINOs use it give up following the law once again.

Almost as if wimp mitch planned it.

I wouldn't be shocked if Pence pulled out the 25th amendment tonight after the 2 reported failed attempts to kill/overthrow Trump.

Domestic terrorism? That's officially a thing now? Where ya been?

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 09:42 PM by mikesez.)

(01-06-2021, 07:37 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 06:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trunp annoys me and does plenty wrong. It's the hypocrisy that bothers me the most.

I genuinely believe all politicians are the scum iof the earth but will always support whomever I feel has my best interested at heart.

I agree totally with you about your opinion of all politicians. Even if they enter politics with good intentions, they are eventually corrupted by the system. Democrats are no better than Republicans in this regard. And yes, you are correct about the hypocrisy (on both sides). 

Trump has done some good things while in office. It is very unfortunate for our country, however, that he is such a disturbed man. In my opinion, it will take our country a long time to recover from the damage he has done. This is why I am so angered by his actions. That being said, I appreciate your response and respect the right you have to your opinions.

They aren't necessarily the scum of the earth.  the qualities that make somebody a viable candidate for office are positive qualities. Charisma is a positive quality. Understanding the issues and articulating them clearly is a positive quality.  

But, campaigning corrupts. They go begging evil people for money and then they go saying dishonest evil things about their opponents. 

Then having power corrupts. 

They aren't necessarily scum when they go in, but the process tends to make them scum. Some scummier than others.

That's why we have elections.

That's why we expect everybody to honor both the procedure and the results of those elections.

To get the scummy people out and replace them with slightly less scummy people.

This whole blame antifa narrative would be more compelling if,
(A) Trump hadn't literally called for a march on the capital right before there was literally a march on the capitol
(B) If any of these alleged "good guys" among the protesters that Trump sent out actually demonstrated good intentions. Did any of them police themselves and try to prevent the bad apples from going up against the barricades? You would see protester on protester action if there was any conflict of intention. And you didn't see that
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 09:58 PM by JagJohn.)

Yup, it was antifa who told them to march down Pennsylvania Avenue and pressure Congress into changing their decision.

Oh wait, it was the sitting president of the USA.

(01-06-2021, 09:21 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

Of course you did, its literally what happened.

This might help you better understand what actually occurred; 

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-06-2021, 10:11 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

This might help you better understand what actually occurred; 

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

He can give any speech he wants... It's what he says that is important.

(01-06-2021, 10:18 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:11 PM)Sneakers Wrote: This might help you better understand what actually occurred; 

He can give any speech he wants... It's what he says that is important.

"The words of any one man are insignificant.  It is the right to speak those words that we truly cherish."

(01-06-2021, 10:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:18 PM)JagJohn Wrote: He can give any speech he wants... It's what he says that is important.

"The words of any one man are insignificant.  It is the right to speak those words that we truly cherish."

Again, he can say anything he wants. The people, and the history books, will judge if he is an ignorant, self-serving, divisive buffoon with no grasp on reality.

(01-06-2021, 10:51 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:42 PM)Sneakers Wrote:  "The words of any one man are insignificant.  It is the right to speak those words that we truly cherish."

Again, he can say anything he wants. The people, and the history books, will judge if he is an ignorant, self-serving, divisive buffoon with no grasp on reality.

I'm not saying he isn't all of those.  What I am saying, is that he did not (as you stated and I've quoted below) provoke an act of domestic terrorism against the US government. 

"Trump literally provoked an act of domestic terrorism against the US government"

Numerous outlets reporting that members of the cabinet including Chao are discussing 25A with senior GOP in Congress and Pence.

(01-06-2021, 11:18 PM)TJBender Wrote: Numerous outlets reporting that members of the cabinet including Chao are discussing 25A with senior GOP in Congress and Pence.

That should calm things down and unite everyone.

Worse situational awarness than Doug Marrone.

(01-06-2021, 11:18 PM)TJBender Wrote: Numerous outlets reporting that members of the cabinet including Chao are discussing 25A with senior GOP in Congress and Pence.

Lock his social media accounts for the next two weeks.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 11:26 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-06-2021, 11:22 PM)captivating Wrote:

You should move to China. Me thinks you would like it there more. I hear North Korea is nice too.

(01-06-2021, 11:22 PM)captivating Wrote:

What you fail to understand is there are 75 million people who seek his opinion and comments and numerous outlets willing to be his platform.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 11:37 PM by mikesez.)

(01-06-2021, 11:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:22 PM)captivating Wrote: Lock his social media accounts for the next two weeks.

You should move to China. Me thinks you would like it there more. I hear North Korea is nice too.

(01-06-2021, 11:22 PM)captivating Wrote: Lock his social media accounts for the next two weeks.

What you fail to understand is there are 75 million people who seek his opinion and comments and numerous outlets willing to be his platform.

Just because someone would rather Trump be in charge for the next 4 years instead of Joe Biden, doesn't mean that someone gives a crap what he says now that he lost the election.

(01-06-2021, 11:16 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:51 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Again, he can say anything he wants. The people, and the history books, will judge if he is an ignorant, self-serving, divisive buffoon with no grasp on reality.

I'm not saying he isn't all of those.  What I am saying, is that he did not (as you stated and I've quoted below) provoke an act of domestic terrorism against the US government. 

"Trump literally provoked an act of domestic terrorism against the US government"

Pushing through security barriers while Congress is in session is domestic terrorism.
Trump told them to go the the Capitol and be strong. That's a pretty direct provocation.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-06-2021, 11:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You should move to China. Me thinks you would like it there more. I hear North Korea is nice too.

Just because someone would rather Trump be in charge for the next 4 years instead of Joe Biden, doesn't mean you give a crap what he says now that he lost the election.

Time will tell. The media will need him. Just wait...

(01-06-2021, 11:37 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: Just because someone would rather Trump be in charge for the next 4 years instead of Joe Biden, doesn't mean you give a crap what he says now that he lost the election.

Time will tell. The media will need him. Just wait...

He becomes Mr Irrelevant in 2 week.  The only time people will care is when the lawsuits commence, when his divorce happens and the tell-alls from his administration start (and there will be many of them).

He wont talk politics as there is nothing in it for him anymore. The GOP will hope he shuts up as everything he says from now only strengthens the Democrats hold on the country.

Trump and the Trump name has jumped the shark.