Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congress Shut down......

In the meantime:

https://twitter.com/TravisAllen02/status...62242?s=20

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2021, 10:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 10:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I read somewhere today that Gab has its own servers. Expect them to gain a lot of membership in the next few days.

I have a feeling the tech giants are going to regret this in the coming months. You can disparage and marginalize 75 million people only for so long.

I feel bad for Parler and Dan Bongino but they had a long time to get their house in order and have had server issues from day 1 even as more people started joining. They will be back but kind of blew their chance at being THE replacement for Twitter.

I wouldn't rule out Elon Musk developing a viable alternative to Google and Apple. Dude has a chip on his shoulder Tim Cook wouldn't take his call and also he isn't a fan of what is happening.

A giant had been woke.

Dan Bongino was born in NY.....as was Rebekah Mercer.........just saying.....

(01-10-2021, 01:29 AM)captivating Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 10:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I feel bad for Parler and Dan Bongino but they had a long time to get their house in order and have had server issues from day 1 even as more people started joining. They will be back but kind of blew their chance at being THE replacement for Twitter.

I wouldn't rule out Elon Musk developing a viable alternative to Google and Apple. Dude has a chip on his shoulder Tim Cook wouldn't take his call and also he isn't a fan of what is happening.

A giant had been woke.

Dan Bongino was born in NY.....as was Rebekah Mercer.........just saying.....

“Infected souls”

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 01:47 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Fellas, there is a reason more people have ditched NY this year than any other state. You could have just taken the L on this, but you got back up off the mat and let me finish you off.

New York values suck. The entire business model of NYC is based on young dumb people moving there to live paycheck to paycheck in a 30 square foot rat infested [BLEEP] hole like Akeem and Semi only to move to Florida when they gain some sense. It's a never ending cycle. Same business model as strip clubs essentially.

(01-10-2021, 01:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Fellas, there is a reason more people have ditched NY this year than any other state. You could have just taken the L on this, but you got back up off the mat and let me finish you off.

New York values suck. The entire business model of NYC is based on young dumb people moving there to live paycheck to paycheck in a 30 square foot rat infested [BLEEP] hole like Akeem and Semi only to move to Florida when they gain some sense. It's a never ending cycle. Same business model as strip clubs essentially.

I heard Pizza Rat was throwing his hat in the ring for congress soon..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 03:42 AM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

This entire event is the result of so-called conservatives descending into palingenetic ultranationalism. They've roped in other opposers of reality like anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers, which makes the danger even worse. The comical aspect is that they are blind to their own consent to fascism, fascism they seek to right the wrongs they feel others have done to them. Ever the victims, the party of personal responsibility seeks help from big government in this endeavor. Donald Trump, being the malignant sociopath he is, had enough brain cells to understand that this was a group to be exploited for his own personal gain. And quite successful he was. Frightenly so.

(01-10-2021, 03:36 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: This entire event is the result of so-called conservatives descending into palingenetic ultranationalism. They've roped in other opposers of reality like anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers, which makes the danger even worse. The comical aspect is that they are blind to their own consent to fascism, fascism they seek to right the wrongs they feel others have done to them. Ever the victims, the party of personal responsibility seeks help from big government in this endeavor. Donald Trump, being the malignant sociopath he is, had enough brain cells to understand that this was a group to be exploited for his own personal gain. And quite successful he was. Frightenly so.

Blah blah blah
Undont know what fascism is
Blah blah blah.

I'm old enough to remember when ISIS had Twitter accounts.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 10:10 AM by mikesez.)

(01-09-2021, 11:36 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I know quite a few people that sell on amazon. Amazon has a lovely habit of screwing their sellers over. They like to look for the profitable items that are being sold and suddenly start undercutting their own sellers buy selling that product themselves. They will make you submit invoices for where you bought your items and then suddenly you won’t be able to source them anymore. Pretty crappy way to treat people that have made you money.

Exactly. I haven't heard any of my small business friends say Google or Apple or Facebook are screwing them over, but a lot of them say Amazon is screwing them over.  My wife in particular uses Google and Facebook for advertising, and she has always felt like they treated her fairly.

Amazon needs to be split into like four companies.
1) Direct physical retail sales
2) Audio/video streaming, alexa, fire tablet, WaPo
3) Marketplace sales - small businesses posting products for sale
4) Amazon Web Services
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 10:25 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Apple is screwing a lot of small business over with their outrageous app fees on their iphones.

Back on topic, I'm still confused about the party of law and order smashing a fire extinguisher over a police officer's head, resulting in the death of the police officer.

I am super sympathetic to the liberal argument that those at the top can and do exploit the workers and consumers. I just disagree about the methods for correcting it. I think we need to see virtually no barriers to entry in many markets and the government needs to actively break up larger corporations. I think conservatives don't understand the role the government plays as a protector of the people. I would be trust busting a LOT more than what we see now. Competition is the key to free enterprise, and when companies get too large, they buy the government and stifle new competitors.

(01-10-2021, 01:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Fellas, there is a reason more people have ditched NY this year than any other state. You could have just taken the L on this, but you got back up off the mat and let me finish you off.

Yeah, Covid-19. 

Your second paragraph is laughable horse [BLEEP].

Pelosi said that protestors chose their "whiteness" over democracy

https://archive.vn/kKOYx

You can't make this stuff up..

(01-10-2021, 11:16 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Pelosi said that protestors chose their "whiteness" over democracy

I feel like she is going to live forever.

(01-10-2021, 11:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Yeah, Covid-19. 

You're also forgetting high taxes, Deblasio and Cuomo.. 

A sinking ship.. Even Pizza Rat is moving to Florida.

(01-10-2021, 11:16 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: Pelosi said that protestors chose their "whiteness" over democracy

WHile it is true that a fraction of the folks that raided the capitol bldg and attended various rallies and protests clearly advertised their racism  -- the comment by Pelosi is stupid. 

For anyone interested, the following article has a decent roundup of the current state of arrests that have followed the riot at the capitol bldg. 

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump-...871942e02f

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 11:22 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-10-2021, 11:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Yeah, Covid-19. 

The 2nd paragraph is entirely true. The leadership people like you elect support this business model.

No more small biz to go to. Your city is dead. Time to move home and repeat the cycle.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2021, 11:25 AM by WingerDinger.)

(01-10-2021, 11:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 11:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, Covid-19. 

The 2nd paragraph is entirely true. The leadership people like you elect support this business model.

No more small biz to go to. Your city is dead. Time to move home and repeat the cycle.

All except Cuomo's gym.. That'll still be there.

(01-10-2021, 11:24 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 11:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The 2nd paragraph is entirely true. The leadership people like you elect support this business model.

All except Cuomo's gym.. That'll still be there.

Not to mention shootings soared 97%. Nice city, lol.

(01-10-2021, 11:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 11:05 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, Covid-19. 

Then why do so many New Yorkers come to Florida having risen through the ranks of the job they took there - pay cash for second homes and high rise condos on the water while watching their portfolios grow and waiting on their pensions to kick in? 

There are TONS of those folks. Don"t believe me?  Talk to any coastal real estate agent south of Orlando.  And it's because people go to NYC from all over the globe to chase opportunity. Many of them find it - and wind up down here when they've amassed enough wealth to begin a transition toward retirement.