Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congress Shut down......

“2 Capitol Police officers suspended and 10-15 more under investigation for alleged roles in riot”

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/...index.html
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-11-2021, 08:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: “2 Capitol Police officers suspended and 10-15 more under investigation for alleged roles in riot”

Ruh-Roh
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 08:24 PM by mikesez.)

(01-11-2021, 08:16 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: “2 Capitol Police officers suspended and 10-15 more under investigation for alleged roles in riot”

An essential feature of insurrection is that it tests the loyalty of law enforcement and of the military.
If it wasn't testing their loyalty, it would be just a riot.
It is not surprising that 10 to 15 might have failed this test.
Sad, but not surprising.
We should all thank whatever deity we worship that it was such a low percentage.
History teachers that whenever you let loose the whirlwind of taking power outside legal means, it swirls and swirls and you can't be sure who will end up on top.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-11-2021, 08:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:

An essential feature of insurrection is that it tests the loyalty of law enforcement and of the military.

Sad, but not surprising.
We should all thank whatever deity we worship that it was such a low percentage.
History teachers that whenever you let loose the whirlwind of taking power outside legal means, it swirls and swirls and you can't be sure who will end up on top.
LOL.  You just can't let go of the word 'insurrection".  

But wait, you've contradicted yourself for the nth time!  News of this possible police complicity (or failure to act) has just come to light.  According to you, it's a necessary component of insurrection, without which this event would have been "just a riot", yet you've been insisting it was an insurrection for days!  How is this possible?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

For a conservative, this dude just doesn’t seem like them one bit. They either have the values or not. He obviously doesn’t have the values. Therefore, he ain’t no conservative.

(01-11-2021, 08:51 PM)Jags Wrote: For a conservative, this dude just doesn’t seem like them one bit.   They either have the values or not.  He obviously doesn’t have the values.   Therefore, he ain’t no conservative.

He reminds me of Juan Williams on the 5. Literally argues EVERYTHING.  It's exhausting. Imagine living with that.

(01-11-2021, 08:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 08:51 PM)Jags Wrote: For a conservative, this dude just doesn’t seem like them one bit.   They either have the values or not.  He obviously doesn’t have the values.   Therefore, he ain’t no conservative.

He reminds me of Juan Williams on the 5. Literally argues EVERYTHING.  It's exhausting. Imagine living with that.
Juan can go [BLEEP] himself

(01-11-2021, 08:58 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 08:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He reminds me of Juan Williams on the 5. Literally argues EVERYTHING.  It's exhausting. Imagine living with that.
Juan can go [BLEEP] himself

Can you imagine going to work every day having to concoct rebuttals to even the most logical points? How exhausting.

(01-11-2021, 09:03 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 08:58 PM)Jags Wrote: Juan can go [BLEEP] himself

Can you imagine going to work every day having to concoct rebuttals to even the most logical points? How exhausting.

Ot doesn’t contribute much,
But nope!

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 09:34 PM by mikesez.)

(01-11-2021, 08:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 08:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: An essential feature of insurrection is that it tests the loyalty of law enforcement and of the military.

Sad, but not surprising.
LOL.  You just can't let go of the word 'insurrection".  

But wait, you've contradicted yourself for the nth time!  News of this possible police complicity (or failure to act) has just come to light.  According to you, it's a necessary component of insurrection, without which this event would have been "just a riot", yet you've been insisting it was an insurrection for days!  How is this possible?

The complicity is not a necessary component. The test is. A test is still a test regardless of if everybody passes it, or 15 people fail it, or 100 people fail it.

What are the values? Can you state them clearly?

[Image: C799-C706-98-F1-4-F49-9-FA8-51-BC8-C207740.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 09:45 PM by mikesez.)

(01-11-2021, 09:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: C799-C706-98-F1-4-F49-9-FA8-51-BC8-C207740.jpg]

I'll state them clearly for you, if you want. But I wanted to see if Jags could.

Values? You mean the ones they place on others but don't follow themselves?

Or the ones where they like meddling in other people's lives with zero empathy or compassion?

(01-11-2021, 09:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 08:46 PM)Sneakers Wrote: LOL.  You just can't let go of the word 'insurrection".  

The complicity is not a necessary component. The test is. A test is still a test regardless of if everybody passes it, or 15 people fail it, or 100 people fail it.

But nobody knew the loyalty of any had been "tested" until this new information became available.  All previous reports portrayed them as heroic patriots, staunchly defending an effort to overthrow the government.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2021, 10:24 PM by mikesez.)

(01-11-2021, 10:01 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 09:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: The complicity is not a necessary component. The test is. A test is still a test regardless of if everybody passes it, or 15 people fail it, or 100 people fail it.

But nobody knew the loyalty of any had been "tested" until this new information became available.  All previous reports portrayed them as heroic patriots, staunchly defending an effort to overthrow the government.

Of course it was tested.
If I stand at the Capitol police barricade, and I say that the folks inside aren't fulfilling their oath to the Constitution, but I will fulfill it for them, I am testing the loyalty of the cops at the barricade. Do they agree with me? Do they sympathize with me or with the people in charge today? The police knew that was what all this was about.
If I break in and stand on the dias in the Senate and say that Trump won the election, and the national guard reinforcements see that, they have the capability to decide that I'm actually the president of the Senate and point their guns at Mike Pence instead of at me.

All of this is loyalty testing. It might seem silly to you for me to call it that. But throughout the day, many of our officers faced these choices.

The protestors/rioters/insurrectionists knew that they would not get away with it unless the national guard or the police or both took their side in the conflict.
They never would have tried unless they thought there was a chance of winning, and they knew they couldn't win without folks changing their loyalty.

(01-11-2021, 10:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 10:01 PM)Sneakers Wrote: But nobody knew the loyalty of any had been "tested" until this new information became available.  All previous reports portrayed them as heroic patriots, staunchly defending an effort to overthrow the government.

Of course it was tested.
If I stand at the Capitol police barricade, and I say that the folks inside aren't fulfilling their oath to the Constitution, but I will fulfill it for them, I am testing the loyalty of the cops at the barricade.  Do they agree with me? Do they sympathize with me or with the people in charge today? The police knew that was what all this was about.  A couple days ago, you said it was a violent mob, taking the capitol by force.  If the police knew all about it, why was a woman shot?
If I break in and stand on the dias in the Senate and say that Trump won the election, and the national guard reinforcements see that, they have the capability to decide that I'm actually the president of the Senate Have you been using hallucinogenic drugs? sand point their guns at Mike Pence instead of at me.

All of this is loyalty testing. It might seem silly to you for me to call it that I was thinking of a somewhat stronger word, but sure, let's go with silly.  But throughout the day, many of our officers faced these choices.

The protestors/rioters/insurrectionists Make up your mind, which classification best suits your argument of the moment? knew that they would not get away with it unless the national guard or the police or both took their side in the conflict.
They never would have tried unless they thought there was a chance of winning, and they knew they couldn't win without folks changing their loyalty.  WOW, you really are all over the place on this one!  I can't even tell who you think "won".

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 12:06 AM by jj82284.)

(01-11-2021, 04:14 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I am not a fan of Giuliani.

Is he the stupidest person on the planet?

(01-11-2021, 08:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Sad, but not surprising.

So obviously, all the officers that kneeled with the BLM rioters are under investigation right?

Oh the hypocrisy.

(01-12-2021, 12:03 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 08:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: An essential feature of insurrection is that it tests the loyalty of law enforcement and of the military.
Sad, but not surprising.

So obviously, all the officers that kneeled with the BLM rioters are under investigation right?

Did they allow the BLM protestors access to a secure building?
Did they allow them access to the symbols of government power?

(01-12-2021, 07:36 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 12:03 AM)jj82284 Wrote:

Did they allow the BLM protestors access to a secure building?
Did they allow them access to the symbols of government power?

Symbols....  They took over half a city bruh!