Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Lots of pandemic experts sounding off here.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2021, 03:05 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: And who wouldn't be furious after realizing they had been duped by a bunch of conniving elites?  Can we get a fact check here? What's the correct way to feel about this?

If people need to be told how they feel about something then they have bigger problems than Covid. I know you're being sarcastic but there are too many people who seem to need to be told what and how to think and feel. That's some scary stuff right there.

(01-15-2021, 01:19 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Interesting...

[Image: 257-B589-C-3-FAF-46-B7-AE6-F-C976-E79-A4427.jpg]

From the article:  

The study was conducted by researchers affiliated with Stanford University, and was co-authored by Jay Bhattacharya, a professor of medicine and economics who has been a vocal opponent of coronavirus lockdowns since March.

Bhattacharya was also among a group of scientists who wrote The Great Barrington Declaration, a controversial statement that encouraged governments to lift lockdown restrictions to achieve herd immunity among young and healthy people, while focusing protections on the elderly.

For additional context, other studies have oppositely determined that lockdown orders have effectively saved millions of lives.

A study published in the journal Nature by researchers at Imperial College London in June found that some 3.1 million deaths had been averted due to lockdowns across Europe early on in the pandemic.

(01-15-2021, 05:26 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

From the article:  

The study was conducted by researchers affiliated with Stanford University, and was co-authored by Jay Bhattacharya, a professor of medicine and economics who has been a vocal opponent of coronavirus lockdowns since March.

Bhattacharya was also among a group of scientists who wrote The Great Barrington Declaration, a controversial statement that encouraged governments to lift lockdown restrictions to achieve herd immunity among young and healthy people, while focusing protections on the elderly.

For additional context, other studies have oppositely determined that lockdown orders have effectively saved millions of lives.

A study published in the journal Nature by researchers at Imperial College London in June found that some 3.1 million deaths had been averted due to lockdowns across Europe early on in the pandemic.

Regardless of this article or the motives or the researchers involved, too many people believe science is binary and definitive, when it's not.  Scientists, doctors, etc. disagree on things all of the time.  Most of this stuff isn't a simple yes/no answer or "X" works and "Y" doesn't work.

I totally agree.

On a different note, had a family friend recently pass. He was 56, but had a terrible heart condition. He received his second Covid vaccine early Tuesday morning and was unresponsive by 3pm. Now, I'm not saying the vaccine killed him. He was scheduled to get a defibrillator put in later this month. What I am saying, is that if this had been Covid, it would have been labeled a Covid death, but this will not get recorded as a potential vaccine death. Just more double standards.

(01-15-2021, 09:12 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: On a different note, had a family friend recently pass. He was 56, but had a terrible heart condition. He received his second Covid vaccine early Tuesday morning and was unresponsive by 3pm. Now, I'm not saying the vaccine killed him. He was scheduled to get a defibrillator put in later this month. What I am saying, is that if this had been Covid, it would have been labeled a Covid death, but this will not get recorded as a potential vaccine death. Just more double standards.

Sorry for your loss.

(01-15-2021, 01:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Whhhhaaaaatttttt? Why, oh why, didn't these oh so smart people not know this already? Unless they had some ulterior motive to shut down the economy in an election year. But who would do such a thing?

Interesting that they didn't include New Zealand where a lockdown actually worked.

(01-15-2021, 10:45 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 01:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Whhhhaaaaatttttt? Why, oh why, didn't these oh so smart people not know this already? Unless they had some ulterior motive to shut down the economy in an election year. But who would do such a thing?

Interesting that they didn't include New Zealand where a lockdown actually worked.

Could also have something to do with their population being 5M.

(01-15-2021, 10:45 PM)captivating Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 01:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Whhhhaaaaatttttt? Why, oh why, didn't these oh so smart people not know this already? Unless they had some ulterior motive to shut down the economy in an election year. But who would do such a thing?

The merging of human and sheep DNA in the average Kiwi is a natural defense against the virus.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Charles Barkley says NBA/NFL players should jump the line and get vaccine shots because they pay more taxes than normal people https://t.co/ce5y1WTTOk

(01-15-2021, 11:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Charles Barkley says NBA/NFL players should jump the line and get vaccine shots because they pay more taxes than normal people https://t.co/ce5y1WTTOk

Poor Donnie Trump will never get a vaccine if that's the case.

Yes they don't work at all.

Signed Australia and New Zealand where there is both way less deaths and way less economic damage

(01-16-2021, 03:21 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Yes they don't work at all.

Signed Australia and New Zealand where there is both way less deaths and way less economic damage

Seems that shutting down the borders worked, especially when you're on the [BLEEP] end of the world surrounded by giant oceans. Too bad Trump was called a racist when he suggested that here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

New Jersey says smokers are high risk and smokers are now at the front of the line in that state. So all you have to do in New Jersey to get vaccinated right away is take up smoking.

Nearly two dozen nursing home residents in Norway die within days of getting COVID vaccine

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/...story.html

(01-16-2021, 09:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nearly two dozen nursing home residents in Norway die within days of getting COVID vaccine

I shouldn't laugh at that, but I did.  Forgive me, Lord.

(01-16-2021, 09:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 09:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Nearly two dozen nursing home residents in Norway die within days of getting COVID vaccine

Shocked

All over 80 years of age with "severe underlying conditions." Basically people who were on Death's doorstep anyway.

(01-16-2021, 09:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

What was the humor in it? I'm somewhat dark in my outlook, but I don't really find anything there at which to laugh.

Marty's parents will be put in the same nursing home as Happy Gilmores grandmother.

The darkness of the leftist heart knows no bound.