Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 03:26 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(03-15-2021, 03:07 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:02 PM)Ordar Wrote: Judon to the Patriots is done. 14m per year

Less AAV thanpredicted, but also just an average player. Glad we didn't get him. Clears out a competitor for Lawson who should be our top priority along with Johnson III.

Judon: 39 unblocked pressures since 2018 (most in NFL).

PFF's top 200 blurb on him...we definitely had a stronger eval on him than they did.

190. DI ROY ROBERTSON-HARRIS
After going undrafted in 2016, Robertson-Harris has carved out a nice role as a rotational defensive lineman. He’s graded at 67.0 or better in each of the last three years while doing his best work in the run game where his 70.6 run defense grade ranks in the 62nd percentile during that time.

Contract Analysis: Roy Robertson-Harris was in line for a solid payday if he continued to show his evolution from edge rusher – the position he played in college at UTEP – into a solid run-stuffing interior defensive lineman with some pass-rush upside. He was tendered at the second-round level for 2020, which carried a value of $3.259 million.

Prediction: Robertson-Harris signs for two-years, $9.5 million ($4.75M APY), $6.5 million total guaranteed.

Same here.

I wouldn't say he is average but he is not worth that.

(03-15-2021, 03:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Meh

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1371...43520?s=19

[Image: d98rr6h-16aa742f-8dcf-4afa-941c-180387b4...bO-mLZinpo]

I hope he is good. Admittedly, I've never heard of the guy. Maybe he can be that 3-4 DE we need.

I have no idea either. Sounds like a solid player but that's a bit too much for just a solid player. We'll see I guess.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2021, 03:19 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: Bears fans seem upset by the move.

Understandably.

High quality interior pass rushers are difficult to replace. 

I

(03-15-2021, 03:24 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:07 PM)Upper Wrote: Less AAV thanpredicted, but also just an average player. Glad we didn't get him. Clears out a competitor for Lawson who should be our top priority along with Johnson III.

Judon: 39 unblocked pressures since 2018 (most in NFL).

PFF's top 200 blurb on him...we definitely had a stronger eval on him than they did.

190. DI ROY ROBERTSON-HARRIS
After going undrafted in 2016, Robertson-Harris has carved out a nice role as a rotational defensive lineman. He’s graded at 67.0 or better in each of the last three years while doing his best work in the run game where his 70.6 run defense grade ranks in the 62nd percentile during that time.

Contract Analysis: Roy Robertson-Harris was in line for a solid payday if he continued to show his evolution from edge rusher – the position he played in college at UTEP – into a solid run-stuffing interior defensive lineman with some pass-rush upside. He was tendered at the second-round level for 2020, which carried a value of $3.259 million.

Prediction: Robertson-Harris signs for two-years, $9.5 million ($4.75M APY), $6.5 million total guaranteed.

Same here.

I wouldn't say he is average but he is not worth that.

(03-15-2021, 03:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [Image: d98rr6h-16aa742f-8dcf-4afa-941c-180387b4...bO-mLZinpo]

I hope he is good. Admittedly, I've never heard of the guy. Maybe he can be that 3-4 DE we need.

I have no idea either. Sounds like a solid player but that's a bit too much for just a solid player. We'll see I guess.

In today's NFL, solid players make big money. If he can help the run defense off the edge, he'll be worth every penny.

I know its only been 3 and a half hours....but wheres the Curtis Samuel, Hunter Henry, Dalvin Tomlinson, or Carl Lawson SPLASH signing?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I remember one free agent period long ago....the Jags signed Carnell Lake exactly one minute after the signing period officially began.

We're reeling in the big fish now boys.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...2453708800

(03-15-2021, 03:36 PM)Upper Wrote: We're reeling in the big fish now boys.

Who?

He’s a really good returner it seems

(03-15-2021, 03:36 PM)Upper Wrote: We're reeling in the big fish now boys.

WR? NFL has him as CB and he used #39  Huh He has some catches though.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(03-15-2021, 03:37 PM)Ordar Wrote: He’s a really good returner it seems

A day 1 signing on a returner when the position is rapidly disappearing...seems like a good way to allocate our recruiting efforts.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 03:41 PM by Dimson.)

What say you @D6?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...75757?s=19
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Urban gets his guy

1st Team All Pro in 2017 as a PR...but he apparently transitioned to full time receiver in 2020 and had a whopping 16 receptions.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-15-2021, 03:33 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I remember one free agent period long ago....the Jags signed Carnell Lake exactly one minute after the signing period officially began.

I remember the same thing with Leon Searcy.  "How did they negotiate that contract so fast?"

An incentive laden but easily reachable 3/21 is what I saw RT'd. That's a heck of a lot of money for a returner...

Agnew has some long returns, including a 100 yarder, so maybe he has some of that speed Urb is looking for.

(03-15-2021, 03:41 PM)NCJag Wrote: 1st Team All Pro in 2017 as a PR...but he apparently transitioned to full time receiver in 2020 and had a whopping 16 receptions.

lol.  terrible. Jaguars spent that much money on a punt returner.

(03-15-2021, 03:37 PM)Ordar Wrote: He’s a really good returner it seems

.Differential return abilities both on kickoffs and punts.  Even though there have been times that Jamal Agnew has been careless with the ball and has made bad football decisions on returns, his positive game changing abilities outweigh the negatives.

In addition, Agnew can be used on gadget plays on Offense, which Darrell Bevell likes calling. Agnew was converted from a slot CB to a full time WR in 2020. Considering the COVID-19 constraints, Agnew did a good job with the transition.  I wish him well with the Jaguars.

I know only a few hours into “free agency” but already feel like we will not be the off season champs this year! Looking forward to see what happens in the next couple days. 

Hoping we target Everett, Tartt, Mack, Bowser, Peterson (possible move to S i.e Woodson), Hooker, Samuel.

(03-15-2021, 03:40 PM)Dimson Wrote: What say you @D6?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...75757?s=19

Though the contract on the surface is more than I expected,  the game changing abilities of Jamal Agnew, his versatility, familiarity with Darrell Bevell ( who also likely influenced the Jags decision to sign RRH from the Bears ), and work ethic, are all substantial positives.