Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

Didn’t see a thread for this but if there is, please merge. This thread can be used to discuss all things related to the Jags and their possible FA acquisitions.

FA is coming up and the Jags are going to have the most cap space and appear to be wanting to add more?

What big splash (or splashes) do you think they’re looking to make? Maybe Trent and a guard to start?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-08-2021, 06:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Didn’t see a thread for this but if there is, please merge. This thread can be used to discuss all things related to the Jags and their possible FA acquisitions.

FA is coming up and the Jags are going to have the most cap space and appear to be wanting to add more?

What big splash (or splashes) do you think they’re looking to make? Maybe Trent and a guard to start?

Besides a veteran LT (Please let it be Trent Williams), I think a DT/NT type or two will be targeted.  Perhaps a S will be targeted, too, but I believe that is more apt to be addressed in the draft.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

If I’m Urban Meyer, I would try very hard to get Trent Williams protecting Lawrence’s blind side. Cam can move to RT and in this scenario I would keep Norwell atleast 1 more season.

This would give Trevor a solid oline for his rookie year.

We have to move heaven and earth to try to get Trent Williams. He is really the only player that unlocks the rest of the offseason for us. Without Trent we virtually have to use pick 25 on an LT, which I don't hate I think there are good tackles that will be available then but I still don't want to be locked in to that.

After that signing a S and a TE will also give us ultimate freedom in the draft.

(03-08-2021, 08:52 PM)Upper Wrote: We have to move heaven and earth to try to get Trent Williams. He is really the only player that unlocks the rest of the offseason for us. Without Trent we virtually have to use pick 25 on an LT, which I don't hate I think there are good tackles that will be available then but I still don't want to be locked in to that.

After that signing a S and a TE will also give us ultimate freedom in the draft.

We are in complete agreement, though I am unsure if we sign a TE in free agency.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Definitely would love to sign a top tier O-lineman. My main focus this year is making life as easy as possible for Lawrence to succeed.

2nd on the list would be to just sign some play makers without overpaying too much. DT, TE, CB, Safety, etc. We can use some help all around the field, just don't overpay for guys we don't need (besides O-line)

Biggest get by far would be Leonard Williams. He’d be the biggest upgrade available at our worst area and still is in his prime. I’d give him what he wants and front load the hell out of it.

Give me a starting tight end and secure a LT and I’m solid.

I think the majority of us are in agreement with Trent being FA#1 for the Jags.

It appears they are trying to create even more cap space even though they already have the most. 2 bit splashes and hopefully one is Trent.

1. Trent Williams
2. One of the premier Safeties available.
3. Jonnu Smith or Hunter Henry

If we come out of free agency with these three areas covered, I'd be ecstatic!

Yes pleeeeeze get a Safety for heavens sake

Like other said it all starts with Trent Williams.
I don't care if you have to give him a 2/3 years fully guaranteed frontloaded contract or how much we have to outbid the competition. Unless he only wants a perceived contender we have to do whatever we can to be our LT. Like others said it would simplify our draft and FA plan beside massively improving our OL for Trevor Lawrence.

After that I hope we go after quality players on the DL and Secondary. This would help the offense too, we can't give up 7 points at every drive at our opponents will.
Get a quality DL: Tomlinson at this point since Leonard Williams has been tagged. Tomlinson won't come cheap but it's as a sure thing as you get in the middle of the DL. We are one Davon Hamilton injury away from starting Costin and Bryan again at the moment.

Secondary: gotta come away with at least two proven players. Ideally a safety like Marcus Williams and a proven CB. In addition to this, if you want to take a shot at possibly one year prove it deal for a Malik Hooker or Keanu Neal, go ahead.

And obviously we have a huge hole at TE: the names here are obvious. I wouldn't break the bank on a TE but we can't go with another huge question mark at this position. Henry or Smith make the most sense obviously.

If we land Trent Williams, Marcus Williams, Hunter Herny and a proven DT/CB it would be more than perfect.

Giants using the franchise tag on Leonard Williams.

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1369287452540731398?s=21

Anyone digging Safety, Marcus Williams of the saints? Looks like they may let him walk as they are pressed against the cap.

We need a true #1 wr for tlaw. Yes i know, wr is a “strength” for our team. But. None of them are true number 1s.

(03-09-2021, 10:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Anyone digging Safety, Marcus Williams of the saints?  Looks like they may let him walk as they are pressed against the cap.
That would be very ideal. He’s awesome.

What about Thuney? Pats letting him hit FA.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2021, 11:03 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-09-2021, 10:35 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: We need a true #1 wr for tlaw. Yes i know, wr is a “strength” for our team. But. None of them are true number 1s.

Chark is. He just hasn't had a decent QB who can get him the ball.

(03-09-2021, 10:22 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Anyone digging Safety, Marcus Williams of the saints?  Looks like they may let him walk as they are pressed against the cap.

He is definitely one of the top rated FA Safeties. I would love to see him or John Johnson in a Jags uniform.

(03-09-2021, 10:35 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: We need a true #1 wr for tlaw. Yes i know, wr is a “strength” for our team. But. None of them are true number 1s.

Meh.  

Not a priority.  If Trevor is what they say he is, he'll do fine with what we have plus a mid round pick and mid-tier FA pickup for depth. 

I'd focus on protecting the QB before spending on a premier receiver. 
Now, TE is a different story. They need to invest in a threat at TE.

(03-09-2021, 05:12 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Yes pleeeeeze get a Safety for heavens sake

You don't like our Wilson & Wingard tandem?  I recall a game in Dec 2019 in which 7 of the 11 players starting on defense were either drafted in rounds 6, 7 or when undrafted.

Jags to tag Cam. Good deal

(03-09-2021, 12:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Jags to tag Cam.  Good deal

It sucks!