Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

(03-15-2021, 08:23 PM)Upper Wrote: Of the guys left what would the Jags have to sign in order for you to personally think it was a successful FA period? I think Trent Williams should be disqualified since we would all list him but it's almost guaranteed a pipe dream.

For me it has to be Lawson, one of Henry or Everett (actually prefer Everett), and Golladay or Samuel (hopefully Samuel). Pretty much have to get 3 of those for FA to be salvaged for me.

Harris at S or Jackson or Hilton at CB would be nice but I'd need a lot more than just them to be happy.
Totally agree.

Lawson, Henry and Samuel for me and we cookin. I especially want Lawson and Samuel.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2021, 08:23 PM)Upper Wrote: Of the guys left what would the Jags have to sign in order for you to personally think it was a successful FA period? I think Trent Williams should be disqualified since we would all list him but it's almost guaranteed a pipe dream.

For me it has to be Lawson, one of Henry or Everett (actually prefer Everett), and Golladay or Samuel (hopefully Samuel). Pretty much have to get 3 of those for FA to be salvaged for me.

Harris at S or Jackson or Hilton at CB would be nice but I'd need a lot more than just them to be happy.

I'd want Henry, Golladay and Jackson or Hilton. Lawson would also be a good pick.

I'm feeling a little better about the special team situation here. It was in need of an upgrade for a while.

(03-15-2021, 08:33 PM)Jagulars Wrote: I'm feeling a little better about the special team situation here. It was in need of an upgrade for a while.

No doubt, if Cooke and Lambo are healthy it wouldnt shock me if we had the best STs unit in the league.  Top 5 easily

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 08:48 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1371...56581?s=20

16.5 mil a year

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...32327?s=20

Breaking news....

Jags sign a bunch of 2nd rate nobody's!
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 08:54 PM by Jagsfan32277.)

(03-15-2021, 08:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 08:00 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: Jags in talks with Phillip Dorsett.

They have already agreed to a deal

Lol, terrible.  Just keep westbrook and cole

Lawson to the Jets.

Man. That one hurts.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 08:59 PM by Upper.)

And now it's officially disaster territory. We would need to literally run the table for Meyer to save face at this point.

How in the hell do we not offer Lawson a deal that blows 3/45 out of the water? Like seriously I would have been thrilled to get Lawson at 4/80.

i am ok with everything so far. Teams need to be about 12 million under to sign their draft picks, so the shoes have not finished dropping. Also in past years the Jags have hit the market early and we still have not been that good.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(03-15-2021, 08:56 PM)Upper Wrote: And now it's officially disaster territory. We would need to literally run the table for Meyer to save face at this point.

How in the hell do we not offer Lawson a deal that blows 3/45 out of the water?
I’m just not sure the plan here. Lawson is exactly the kinda player you want. Young and ascending.

Maybe Lawson didn’t want to come here. Johnson took less money to play for the Browns. Who knows what’s happening.

(03-15-2021, 09:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 08:56 PM)Upper Wrote: And now it's officially disaster territory. We would need to literally run the table for Meyer to save face at this point.

How in the hell do we not offer Lawson a deal that blows 3/45 out of the water?
I’m just not sure the plan here. Lawson is exactly the kinda player you want. Young and ascending.

Maybe Lawson didn’t want to come here. Johnson took less money to play for the Browns. Who knows what’s happening.

If Meyer comes out and says look we offered Johnson ~13M to come and we offered Lawson ~20M to come and they took offers incredibly lower then fine. But I don't think that's what happened.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2021, 09:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

How in the hell do we not offer Lawson a deal that blows 3/45 out of the water? Like seriously I would have been thrilled to get Lawson at 4/80.

lol, thats easy to say when its not your money.  You wanted to do the same thing with Yawn.

I don’t know if I should be excited that we haven’t overreached in FA or sad that we’ve done nothing really so far.... #becauseJaguars lol all we can do is watch and wait
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Dorsett and Hyde.

You gotta be freaking kidding. Just signing anyone it seems

Anyone who is ok with how today turned out is a mark.

A very underwhelming first day. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

To be fair, Jags have done the “big splash on day 1” thing and it didn’t work.

Maybe they’re finally going to get some good bargains instead of overpaying on day 1. The one that hurts the most is Lawson but hey.... still some really good dudes out there.