Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags and Free Agency

Reddick to the panthers for 8M, 6 guaranteed. Worth a shot by Carolina

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-17-2021, 05:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 05:25 PM)D6 Wrote: I would jump for joy if the Bears even gave up half that amount for Gardner Minshaw II.

I know, right!

Heck I'd be happy if they gave us the 3rd round pick Seattle spent to get Wilson in the first place.

I probably would make that trade if in the Jaguars position. 

My guess is the Jaguars will only want to carry 2 QBs on the 53 man roster, barring the injury factor.  The backup QB to Trevor Lawrence probably will be a veteran / mentor type.  Chase Daniel comes to mind as a realistic possibility because the Darrell Bevell connection and their mutual appreciation for each other.

(03-17-2021, 06:03 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Reddick to the panthers for 8M, 6 guaranteed. Worth a shot by Carolina

Great risk / reward for the Panthers. They have an impressive core of talented young Defensive players as a foundation.

As much as I love the Mississippi Mudflaps, the charisma/charm and the fact hed make a great and cheap backup QB, I’ll take a 3rd for him. Cry a tear he’s no longer here and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors! Buts that’s only because TL is coming to town. If he ends up going to a “northern” team, good luck. With the charisma and charm he has, it really makes sense he’s in JAX. Not sure how much “redneck” some of the northerners can take. Best of luck to him. I’m hoping he can keep the backup role here in jax.

(03-17-2021, 04:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372...18855?s=19

I like Minshew as a good back up and we have him on the cheap.  It would take a good offer for me to agree with trading him.  I would ask for a 2nd round for him.  IF not, keep him.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2021, 07:05 PM by mal234.)

(03-17-2021, 04:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1372...18855?s=19

I am interested in seeing what teams are interested in Gardner. I've been saying that the Jags could definitely get more for him than where he was drafted. Even though there were some people on various sites. that were acting like he doesn't have trade value. He does for multiple reasons. The Jags may be able to get a fourth for him, maybe better. 

Benjamin Allbright who is a reporter who covers the Broncos has hinted multiple times that the Broncos are interested in Gardner. They want to get someone to compete with Drew Lock. (Nick Foles and Sam Darnold were other names that he has thrown around.)

Other teams that I think could have interest in Gardner are possibly the Panthers who aren't really set at QB. Maybe the Patriots. They have signed Cam, but I have read reports they may want to get another QB. I thought that the Bears may had interest as well, though they just signed Andy Dalton. The 49ers is another team I think could have interest in him. Maybe these teams are willing to give the Jags some solid compensation for him.

(03-17-2021, 06:29 PM)Jags Wrote: As much as I love the Mississippi Mudflaps, the charisma/charm and the fact hed make a great and cheap backup QB, I’ll take a 3rd for him.  Cry a tear he’s no longer here and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors!   Buts that’s only because TL is coming to town.  If he ends up going to a “northern” team, good luck.  With the charisma and charm he has, it really makes sense he’s in JAX.  Not sure how much “redneck” some of the northerners can take.  Best of luck to him.  I’m hoping he can keep the backup role here in jax.
If the Jags get a 3rd for Minshew, I’ll fly down to Jacksonville and buy you a case of your favorite beer.

If the rumor is true, I would consider it.  However, you don't have a replacement on the team for him yet.  IIRC they got a 5th for Gabbert so somewhere around that is what I would expect.  Unless a solid veteran backup is available, I might think twice.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-17-2021, 06:29 PM)Jags Wrote: As much as I love the Mississippi Mudflaps, the charisma/charm and the fact hed make a great and cheap backup QB, I’ll take a 3rd for him.  Cry a tear he’s no longer here and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors!   Buts that’s only because TL is coming to town.  If he ends up going to a “northern” team, good luck.  With the charisma and charm he has, it really makes sense he’s in JAX.  Not sure how much “redneck” some of the northerners can take.  Best of luck to him.  I’m hoping he can keep the backup role here in jax.

That's pretty ignorant.  Yankees (people from the north) love QB's from the south.  Brett Farve is the first one to come to mind.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2021, 07:16 PM by Jags.)

(03-17-2021, 06:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
If the Jags get a 3rd for Minshew, I’ll fly down to Jacksonville and buy you a case of your favorite beer.

Lol, At least after the air fare, you’ll get a break on the beer!!!   I’m hoping the kid sticks around as a backup though. He’s cheap and he’s a backup.

(03-17-2021, 06:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

That's pretty ignorant.  Yankees (people from the north) love QB's from the south.  Brett Farve is the first one to come to mind.

I was going more so for the “Southern Charm” he had.  But whatever, I’m ignorant.  I mow lawns for dirt cheap hoping people pay me so I can buy meth and [BLEEP] for my living and keep my kid in her inner city daycare.  [BLEEP] me!  

I’m also glad you defined the word “Yankee”.  Being one, I’m too stupid to know what one is.

And so we’re perfectly clear, he’s had his ups and downs here.  He’s likable.  A lot gave him credit.  He has his downs in a “big” northern city, that southern charm won’t do [BLEEP].

Maybe don’t take things so seriously

(03-17-2021, 07:06 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1372...80802?s=21

Sad that we never got to really see how he would pan out.

(03-17-2021, 06:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Exactly. We're not getting a 3rd for him. I'm thinking a 5th at the most.

Ah dammit, knew someone would take a chance on him. Good luck Minshew, ill be rooting for you, as long as its not the T*tans

(03-17-2021, 07:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 06:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: If the Jags get a 3rd for Minshew, I’ll fly down to Jacksonville and buy you a case of your favorite beer.

Exactly. We're not getting a 3rd for him. I'm thinking a 5th at the most.

I wouldn’t expect a 3rd.  I was using the last suggestion I saw posted.

(03-17-2021, 06:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Now THIS is ignorant.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So it’s Trevor -> Safety -> TE in the draft then with the first 3 picks

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2021, 08:22 PM by Upper.)

Can't believe Reddick and Everett couldn't get better deals. They would have improved us greatly. Samuel probably got a fair deal but we should have beat that too.

Probably just missed our last chance to turn this from an average to good FA class with those 3 gone.

(03-17-2021, 01:40 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 01:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The 4th most improved team so far.  The other 3 teams in our division is going backwards lol

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...89792?s=09

But that is percent improvement. Jaguars started way behind the Titans and Colts, so it is kind of misleading. Plus most of the team last year were back up level players forced to start due to injuries and roster construction.

It is a necessary step forward to  make this team watchable/competitive, but only a first step.
Yes, if we go from 1 win to 2 wins, that's 100% improvement.  It's very difficult (and sometimes statistically impossible) for most teams to compare.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2021, 08:35 PM by TheDuke007.)

I found this surprising, particularly the "a few" part.  One team I could understand, but "a few" is surprising.  There's a couple of possibilities.  First, it could just be a rumor.  However, Ian Rapoport is usually fairly reliable.  Second, it could be the Jaguars spreading that rumor.  Third, it could be real.  If so, I'm thinking it must be salary cap stressed teams.  There are better quarterbacks available in free agency.  Maybe teams just want to see how cheaply they could get Minshew before throwing money at a free agent.

I would take a fourth rounder for him and consider a fifth rounder.  If it's the sixth or later, I just keep Minshew.  I like having three quarterbacks on the roster and he makes a dirt cheap third string quarterback who actually has significant starting experience.

(03-17-2021, 05:48 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 05:25 PM)D6 Wrote: I would jump for joy if the Bears even gave up half that amount for Gardner Minshaw II.

I know, right!

Heck I'd be happy if they gave us the 3rd round pick Seattle spent to get Wilson in the first place.

Maybe they will give us a punter.  After all, Gene Smith considered a "starter" at punter more valuable than Russell Wilson.