Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 10:47 PM by Upper.)

Brevin Jordan at 45 or 65 >>>> Freiermuth at 33 or 45. And I don't even want Jordan lol.

Seriously, we could have signed the best player available at every position this FA period except for a TE and Freiermuth would still be an awful pick at 33.

And yes I know they are probably going to do it, so unfortunately I'll get to say I told you so yet again in a few years.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2021, 10:04 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 03:59 PM)Upper Wrote: You're virtually the only person who doesn't think he was good on the field too.

"Cosmi has been one of the most tested tackles in the country and has improved every single year of his career. He allowed all of eight pressures on 368 pass-blocking snaps this past season."

From TDN:

Quote:Ideal RoleCosmi is a right tackle that has the potential to eventually slide over to the left side if able to correct the flaws in his lower half and continue to gain muscle mass onto his frame.

There's potential, but just because he tests well doesn't mean he's anywhere near as plug-and-play as some of the other OT in this darft. I'm not saying he's off the board, but you better have good coaching in place to elevate his game, or you're likely dealing with another fair-to-middling tackle by the time his rookie deal expires.

He's my number two in the draft yet I wouldn't entertain him until the Vikings pick
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-16-2021, 08:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Just because some of y'all love Collins more than his own mother does doesn't mean he makes sense as our first round pick. If you look at the total amount invested whether it be $ or picks, our 4 LBs are in the top 5 or 6 on the team. Collins is simply not better than the guys I mentioned by enough to throw him displace someone from that LB group.

And Barmore will probably be gone by 25.

Consider that Jack and Schobert combined are going to cost over 20M is salary alone in 2022. We might eat some dead money in bonus proration, but I think that is when you begin to look at moving on from at least one of those guys. You don't draft a guy like Collins based on today. You draft him based on 2-3 years down the road.

If you believe he is capable of replacing either LB, not necessarily this August, you can't dismiss him as a potential pick.

(03-17-2021, 01:40 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 08:56 PM)Upper Wrote: Just because some of y'all love Collins more than his own mother does doesn't mean he makes sense as our first round pick. If you look at the total amount invested whether it be $ or picks, our 4 LBs are in the top 5 or 6 on the team. Collins is simply not better than the guys I mentioned by enough to throw him displace someone from that LB group.

And Barmore will probably be gone by 25.

Consider that Jack and Schobert combined are going to cost over 20M is salary alone in 2022. We might eat some dead money in bonus proration, but I think that is when you begin to look at moving on from at least one of those guys. You don't draft a guy like Collins based on today. You draft him based on 2-3 years down the road.

If you believe he is capable of replacing either LB, not necessarily this August, you can't dismiss him as a potential pick.

Only if he is on a grade tier by himself. You don't kick one of your most invested in players to the curb to take a guy who is graded in the same tier as a guy who would fill a need.

(03-17-2021, 02:13 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 01:40 PM)Mikey Wrote: Consider that Jack and Schobert combined are going to cost over 20M is salary alone in 2022. We might eat some dead money in bonus proration, but I think that is when you begin to look at moving on from at least one of those guys. You don't draft a guy like Collins based on today. You draft him based on 2-3 years down the road.

Only if he is on a grade tier by himself. You don't kick one of your most invested in players to the curb to take a guy who is graded in the same tier as a guy who would fill a need.

Urban didn't bring in Schobert, that isn't his guy.  He hasn't invested anything in him.  No way would they take Collins if they don't feel like he is better than him.  Schobert is a decent player but Collins has All Pro potential.  You would draft Collins if you feel like his is the best player on you board, and if he falls to 25 he likely is.  You've been preaching quality of quantity in the other thread but here you want to draft for need instead of taking the best player, lol

There are going to be a lot of players with all pro potential on the board at 25. Your myopia over Collins and Moehrig is something else.

(03-16-2021, 10:41 PM)Upper Wrote: Brevin Jordan at 45 or 65 >>>> Freiermuth at 33 or 45. And I don't even want Jordan lol.

Seriously, we could have signed the best player available at every position this FA period except for a TE and Freiermuth would still be an awful pick at 33.

And yes I know they are probably going to do it, so unfortunately I'll get to say I told you so yet again in a few years.

I'm not sure what you dislike about Freirmuth. It's true that he'll never be as explosive as Kelsey, but he is very reliable and sure-handed. Daniel Jeremiah compared him to Hunter Henry (without the injuries). The fact that he opted out most of last season is the only reason I see him being available at pick 33. Had he repeated his performance from the 2019-20 season, he'd be gone by the end of round 1. I just hope that he isn't taken at the end of round 1 if the Jags pass on him at 25. 

I am biased due to being a Penn State graduate, but he was fun to watch and usually McSorley's go-to guy. Hopefully the Jags get him and you won't be able to say " I told you so" in a couple of years.

(03-17-2021, 03:53 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 10:41 PM)Upper Wrote: Brevin Jordan at 45 or 65 >>>> Freiermuth at 33 or 45. And I don't even want Jordan lol.

I'm not sure what you dislike about Freirmuth. It's true that he'll never be as explosive as Kelsey, but he is very reliable and sure-handed. Daniel Jeremiah compared him to Hunter Henry (without the injuries). The fact that he opted out most of last season is the only reason I see him being available at pick 33. Had he repeated his performance from the 2019-20 season, he'd be gone by the end of round 1. I just hope that he isn't taken at the end of round 1 if the Jags pass on him at 25. 

I am biased due to being a Penn State graduate, but he was fun to watch and usually McSorley's go-to guy. Hopefully the Jags get him and you won't be able to say " I told you so" in a couple of years.

The 4 games he did play in he had over 300 yards.  Likely would of had around 1000 in a full season

I'd be good with Twyman in the 2nd

https://twitter.com/Pitt_FB/status/13721...39236?s=19

(03-17-2021, 04:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd be good with Twyman in the 2nd

My absolute favorite DE/DT in the draft. I see him being a poor man's Aaron Donald. This guy is explosive off the line. The problem is that we now have a ton of DE/DT types on the roster. Almost too many. I don't think we'll address this area in the draft at all.

(03-17-2021, 05:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 04:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd be good with Twyman in the 2nd

My absolute favorite DE/DT in the draft. I see him being a poor man's Aaron Donald. This guy is explosive off the line. The problem is that we now have a ton of DE/DT types on the roster. Almost too many. I don't think we'll address this area in the draft at all.

I was thinking about this earlier.  Not so much with Twyman, necessarily.

Though we've added a lot of scheme fit guys, I don't know if any of them are dominators-outside of maybe Brown.

Though we seem in decent shape, I don't think we should pass up an exceptional value at the position if available.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-17-2021, 05:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 05:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: My absolute favorite DE/DT in the draft. I see him being a poor man's Aaron Donald. This guy is explosive off the line. The problem is that we now have a ton of DE/DT types on the roster. Almost too many. I don't think we'll address this area in the draft at all.

Though we've added a lot of scheme fit guys, I don't know if any of them are dominators-outside of maybe Brown.

Though we seem in decent shape, I don't think we should pass up an exceptional value at the position if available.

I certainly wouldn't complain. I LOVE Twyman. I think the sky is the limit for this guy.

(03-17-2021, 05:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 05:50 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: My absolute favorite DE/DT in the draft. I see him being a poor man's Aaron Donald. This guy is explosive off the line. The problem is that we now have a ton of DE/DT types on the roster. Almost too many. I don't think we'll address this area in the draft at all.

Agreed, FA set us up where we can pretty much go any position

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2021, 08:17 PM by Upper.)

(03-17-2021, 03:53 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I am biased due to being a Penn State graduate, but he was fun to watch and usually McSorley's go-to guy. Hopefully the Jags get him and you won't be able to say " I told you so" in a couple of years.

I think he is just ok at everything. He's not nearly as good of a blocker as advertised, but he is ok. He's not fast. He does have good hands I will give him that. I also don't want to wait for the typical rookie TE career arc where he won't have an impact until year 3 most likely when this FA class had 3 good right now options. It's not really just him, I don't want to draft any TE. The hit rate is too low and the wait to see if they are going to be a hit/bust is too long. The analytics say just signing proven TE in FA is the +EV way to go.

Meyer's offenses historically have never used a TE like him. He is riding the coattails of the baby Gronk nickname. If his nickname was baby Kyle Rudolph (which I think is more accurate), people wouldn't be enamored with him at all. If he was a 4th rounder, sure. At 33 or 45 or even 65, nope nope nope.

If we do wind up with him, which I agree it looks like we're setting ourselves up for, I hope I will be wrong too...but unfortunately as others can attest to I have an excellent "do not draft" track record with guys we have wound up with.

(03-17-2021, 08:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 05:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I was thinking about this earlier.  Not so much with Twyman, necessarily.

Agreed, FA set us up where we can pretty much go any position

The needs drafters are probably so befuddled now... Big Grin

(03-18-2021, 09:53 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 08:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, FA set us up where we can pretty much go any position

Agreed

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2021, 01:11 PM by Upper.)

(03-18-2021, 09:53 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 08:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, FA set us up where we can pretty much go any position

We still have plenty of needs and players who will be in the top tier available at those spots of need. This was a bad way to spin that we missed out on the elite guys we were trying to target in FA.

(03-12-2021, 08:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lmao

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...82946?s=19

Here's a funny fact:  As it currently stands, the Jaguars will make five selections in the upcoming draft before the Texans make their first pick!

Was part of my perfect first 5 picks for a reason.