Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perfect first 5 picks?

It's become a ghost town in here so let's try to liven it up with a little discussion about who we think would be our best outcome after our first two days? Please try to keep it realistic IE no Pitts at 25. Here's mine:

1 - TLaw. Duh.

25 - Tevin Jenkins. Barmore and Horn would also be great options if they fall here but that seems less likely by the day. I would be happy with Cosmi, Mayfield, Radunz here too (not Leatherwood!), but in my scenario we fix LT in FA with Trent or Okung and I think Jenkins would be a beast at RT.

33 - Rondale Moore. We could go in a lot of directions here (Samuel or Dickerson would be sweet too), but Moore has become the apple of my eye. All time best dominator score (formula of production, target share, and age), and my god these clips if his high jump and SS make me salivate. Easily my favorite WR after the big 3 and would round out our WR corps perfectly. 

45 - Alim McNeil. Better Davon Hamilton. Monster against the run and beast pass rusher. Would make a killer and interchangeable duo to anchor our new 3-4 dline. If he's gone Nixon or Levi would work well too they would just put more pressure on Davon to be the guy stopping the run.

65 - Best DB. This is kind of a cop out but mocks are soooo all over the place with the way the corners and safeties are coming off the board. Ive seen Stokes be there, maybe Gowan, Meli, or Newsome. Maybe Cisco or Holland or Grant. One of em should be there so celebrate and take them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-14-2021, 02:37 PM)Upper Wrote: It's become a ghost town in here so let's try to liven it up with a little discussion about who we think would be our best outcome after our first two days? Please try to keep it realistic IE no Pitts at 25. Here's mine:

1 - TLaw. Duh.

25 - Tevin Jenkins. Barmore and Horn would also be great options if they fall here but that seems less likely by the day. I would be happy with Cosmi, Mayfield, Radunz here too (not Leatherwood!), but in my scenario we fix LT in FA with Trent or Okung and I think Jenkins would be a beast at RT.

33 - Rondale Moore. We could go in a lot of directions here (Samuel or Dickerson would be sweet too), but Moore has become the apple of my eye. All time best dominator score (formula of production, target share, and age), and my god these clips if his high jump and SS make me salivate. Easily my favorite WR after the big 3 and would round out our WR corps perfectly. 

45 - Alim McNeil. Better Davon Hamilton. Monster against the run and beast pass rusher. Would make a killer and interchangeable duo to anchor our new 3-4 dline. If he's gone Nixon or Levi would work well too they would just put more pressure on Davon to be the guy stopping the run.

65 - Best DB. This is kind of a cop out but mocks are soooo all over the place with the way the corners and safeties are coming off the board. Ive seen Stokes be there, maybe Gowan, Meli, or Newsome. Maybe Cisco or Holland or Grant. One of em should be there so celebrate and take them.
Rondale Moore would be AWESOME.

(02-14-2021, 02:37 PM)Upper Wrote: It's become a ghost town in here so let's try to liven it up with a little discussion about who we think would be our best outcome after our first two days? Please try to keep it realistic IE no Pitts at 25. Here's mine:

1 - TLaw. Duh.

I like your picks alot and agree with your assessment of Rondale Moore. My ideal list would be:

1 - Trevor Lawrence.  It kills me to hear people say his pro-day solidified this pick. This is the no-brainer of all time.

25- Jaycee Horn.  This is a combination need and value pick. Even if they re-sign Sidney Jones, this position needs to be addressed.

33- Rondale Moore.  For all the reasons you said. However, it wouldn't shock me if the Jags sign ex-Buckeye Curtis Samuel in free agency which would change this pick.

45- Pat Freirmuth. This is another value meets need pick. I'd also sign Jonnu Smith in free agency giving Lawrence two solid options at tight end.

65- Alim McNeil. Again, I agree with your assessment of him, but believe he falls to this spot.

In my haste, I forgot to address the need at left tackle in the first 5 picks. I would prefer to select either Radunz or Eichenberg with pick 65. I love Radunz's upside, but believe he will make it past round 2 due to his small college background and limited body of work in 2020. Eichenberg may drop due to limited athleticism, although he appears to be the most NFL-ready of all the left tackles.

I would prefer to upgrade the defensive line by selecting Leonard Williams in free agency. Due to his versatility, he could be equally effective in a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme. The Jaguars should have drafted him over Fowler, however this is "better late than never."

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2021, 07:36 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
25. Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech, Liam Eichenberg OT, Notre Dame or Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State
33. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
45. Pat Feiermuth, TE, Penn State
65. Paris Ford, S, Pitt
109. Elerson Smith, DE/OLB, Northern Iowa
133. K.J. Britt, ILB, Auburn
150. Donavaughn Campbell, OT/OG, La. Tech
175. Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis
232. Kenny Randall, DE/DT, Charleston
253. Antonio Phillips, CB, Ball State

Some of these guys are gonna probably go way earlier than I have them, but in my perfect world, it falls this way. After free agency, depending on who we sign, this will probably look totally different.

Yeah Darrisaw would be awesome but I don't think it is very realistic thay he is there. If he is you run and get him.

Freiermuth is going to be in my worse case scenario list (which I notoriously have an excellent track record of). There will be no scenario for me where drafting him is better than paying one of the FA TE and drafting something else.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2021, 11:20 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-14-2021, 10:06 PM)Upper Wrote: Yeah Darrisaw would be awesome but I don't think it is very realistic thay he is there. If he is you run and get him.

Freiermuth is going to be in my worse case scenario list (which I notoriously have an excellent track record of). There will be no scenario for me where drafting him is better than paying one of the FA TE and drafting something else.

I totally agree with that. My list is definitely before free agency. I really hope we are able to address TE, S and at least one of the OT spots in free agency or via trade, but we'll just have to see. I was just basing my picks on our current needs and who might be the highest ranked player at each pick, without taking into account what we'd get in free agency. The guy I really want on defense is Elerson. That kid was all over the place, causing chaos in the backfield at the Senior Bowl and he was unstoppable in college. He reminds me a bit of Matthew Judon.

The one player I don't want in the first 3 rounds is Sam Cosmi. That kid is way too raw and I wasn't impressed at all with his pass protection.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 03:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I like it, I'd rather take a defender at 33 if the value is there I do really like Moore though and he is the best WR after the big 3 like you said. McNeil is one of my favorite players in the draft as well and one of the players I really hope we end up with. Jenkins is a lot like Taylor, another mauler with heavy feet, I hope we go defense at 25 as well

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 09:17 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I will say this Upper, this might be the first time we agree on most of the draft prospects, with our favorites. We'll last year we liked most of the same guys early on as well Dave just went with need. I do like Jenkins but he is a lot like Taylor at RT imo where he needs to work on his feet. Dude will pave the way for J Rob. The one think I do like about him though more than most is he can can play at both tackle positions and probably both guard positions. I'd be happy with him though and let him and Taylor battle for the RT spot and the loser can take over for cam next year and RG if one shows potential

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 09:25 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

I like Freiermuth, but at 45. 33 would be to early imo because I think there will be a better player there. Depending on who is still on the board, Freiermuth would be great value at 45 and we would have our TE of the future and would probably end up being best friends with Lawrence. He reminds me of Heath Miller or Todd Heap, would be kinda like that safety blanket for Trevor and would also probably be our best blocking TE as well

I honestly hope we don't take a WR until the 3rd and Toney is sitting there and I think he will be. I think Toney will be a lot like Wes Welker

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 01:31 PM by Bullseye.)

1 - TLaw. Duh.

I think my perfect top 5 would depend upon what happens in free agency.  Assuming we signed Trent Williams....

1.  Trevor Lawrence -it's great to type that knowing it's a realistic possibility, if not probability.

25.  Jaycee Horn-fills need at CB

33.  Pat Friermuth-great receiving target for TL.  I don't think he is there at 45, and may not be there at 33.

45.  Levi Onwuzurike-if we are switching to a 3-4, a stud NT is paramount.    In light of correction provided by TheOLine and flgators, I withdraw the analysis about him being a NT.  I still would not mind him being added to our front 3, but not at NT.  Thanks guys.

60.  Open Trey Smith, Tennessee-a dominant IOL, Richie Grant, UCF, S, uogrades FS easily...though he may not be there at 65...Tutu Atwell-gives us a speed WR.  Would be okay with Stevenson later.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-15-2021, 10:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

1 - TLaw. Duh.

I think my perfect top 5 would depend upon what happens in free agency.  Assuming we signed Trent Williams....

1.  Trevor Lawrence -it's great to type that knowing it's a realistic possibility, if not probability.

25.  Jaycee Horn-fills need at CB

33.  Pat Friermuth-great receiving target for TL.  I don't think he is there at 45, and may not be there at 33.

45.  Levi Onwuzurike-if we are switching to a 3-4, a stud NT is paramount.

60.  Open Trey Smith, Tennessee-a dominant IOL, Richie Grant, UCF, S, uogrades FS easily...though he may not be there at 65...Tutu Atwell-gives us a speed WR.  Would be okay with Stevenson later.
Id love Onwuzurike in the 2nd but he would play 5 tech, not NT.  I'd honestly be ok with taking him and McNeil with our 2 2nds.  Our dline would go from the weakest link to a strength.

I love the thought of

Hamilton- McNeil- Onwuzurike on that dline.

(02-15-2021, 09:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I honestly hope we don't take a WR until the 3rd and Toney is sitting there and I think he will be.  I think Toney will be a lot like Wes Welker

I honestly don't get the fascination with Toney at all. I think he's more like a #3 NFL receiver. Definitely not a #1, but some mocks have him taken in round 1. I don't even think we need a WR at all. If we re-sign Cole, we are 4 deep at the position. I'd pick one or two up as UDFA's.

(02-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 11:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Id love Onwuzurike in the 2nd but he would play 5 tech, not NT.  I'd honestly be ok with taking him and McNeil with our 2 2nds.  Our dline would go from the weakest link to a strength.

I think LO could easily play NT with his size and build.

Alim McNeil's quickness would be more of an asset at 5 to me.

Both are outstanding prospects, IMO.  If we somehow landed both, I agree our DL would be a strength before long.

Onwuzurike was 6'2" 290 lbs. at the Senior Bowl. That is awfully small for a NT. Davon Hamilton is 6'4" 327 lbs. That is much more in the range of a NT.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2021, 11:47 AM by Bullseye.)

(02-15-2021, 11:40 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I think LO could easily play NT with his size and build.

Both are outstanding prospects, IMO.  If we somehow landed both, I agree our DL would be a strength before long.

Onwuzurike was 6'2" 290 lbs. at the Senior Bowl. That is awfully small for a NT. Davon Hamilton is 6'4" 327 lbs. That is much more in the range of a NT.

That I did not know.  He looked much bigger on the footage I saw.

Taking your figures at face value, I would definitely NOT put him at NT.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 11:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Id love Onwuzurike in the 2nd but he would play 5 tech, not NT.  I'd honestly be ok with taking him and McNeil with our 2 2nds.  Our dline would go from the weakest link to a strength.

I think LO could easily play NT with his size and build.

He isnt big enough.  Bothe McNeil and Hamilton are much bigger.  McNeil reminds me of Vince Wifork a bit with the way he moves and his size.  If we are running a 3-4 I want my NT 320+ where he will take up multiple blockers

(02-15-2021, 11:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 09:39 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I honestly hope we don't take a WR until the 3rd and Toney is sitting there and I think he will be.  I think Toney will be a lot like Wes Welker

I honestly don't get the fascination with Toney at all. I think he's more like a #3 NFL receiver. Definitely not a #1, but some mocks have him taken in round 1. I don't even think we need a WR at all. If we re-sign Cole, we are 4 deep at the position. I'd pick one or two up as UDFA's.

He would be like a Julian Eddleman, something we don't have.  Toney is the quickest player in the draft and a playmaker.  Cole is still a FA right now, Toney would be a nice addition to this WR corps and a different dynamic but I wouldn't take him till the 3rd because of his top end speed

(02-15-2021, 09:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I will say this Upper, this might be the first time we agree on most of the draft prospects, with our favorites. We'll last year we liked most of the same guys early on as well Dave just went with need. I do like Jenkins but he is a lot like Taylor at RT imo where he needs to work on his feet. Dude will pave the way for J Rob. The one think I do like about him though more than most is he can can play at both tackle positions and probably both guard positions. I'd be happy with him though and let him and Taylor battle for the RT spot and the loser can take over for cam next year and RG if one shows potential

I know you found that draft network article that said Jenkins had slow feet but I haven't seen many other people who think that. He doesn't have Sewell or Bahktiari feet or anything, but they look significantly better than Jawaan's. Granted I haven't been able to watch as much this year with a toddler in tow, but I haven't seen any glaring faults personally. Sign Trent or Okung and draft Jenkins and I feel literally 10x as confident in our offense next year.