Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

I'm not going to recommend or not recommend the vaccine because I feel that it's a personal choice.  Me personally I have little faith in the effectiveness of the vaccine, but that's just me not trusting the science of how it was created.

The (limited) research that I have done seems to show that the vaccine is nothing normally deadly to people.  I have a really hard time believing that the vaccine "caused death".  It wouldn't surprise me if the "side effects" played a role in people passing, especially older and more vulnerable people with some kind of other pre-existing condition.  It knocked me flat on my back in bed for a day, and I am "reasonably" healthy.

As I posted before, I and my wife chose to get it because we saw the eventual "COVID China Virus passports" coming.  IF and when we have to travel we have our "papers" showing that we are vaccinated.

Putting aside the health reasons for getting or not getting the vaccine, what should be disturbing to most people is the very idea of a "vaccination passport".  Such measures have nothing to do with "health" or "safety" and everything to do with control.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2021, 04:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 03:51 PM)p_rushing Wrote: No deaths are ever attributed to vaccines. If they do, they have to pay out lots of money or stop the cash cow vaccine from being given.

They track these things for a reason, it doesn't mean they will ever admit the vaccine "caused" the death. If you are fine, i.e. not in the hospital and don't have a reason you should be admitted, and you take the vaccine and die in a week or 2 they will say you had some preexisting condition that caused your death.

All conditions that cause death are preexisting to death. You also don't die from the vaccine, just what it does to your body. Just like everyone died from there body reacting to a virus and not covid. The difference is they counted all those as covid and don't count any against the vaccine.

The point still stands that close to 2,000 reported have died after getting the vaccine. There haven't been that many deaths from people who have gotten any vaccine since the 60s.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

As I said, no amount of proof is proof for conspiracy theorists, even their own damn sources of information. We've given MILLIONS of doses of the vaccine and a few thousand have died in a concurrent time period. A number well within the normal distribution of death in that time period by the way. What, you think a Covid vaccine prevents death from heart attack, cancer, and stroke? Nah, it's conspiracy and the shot is causing heart attacks, cancer, and strokes! Meanwhile every country on Earth that's explored this concern has come to the same conclusion, that there's no link between the shot and the deaths. But they're ALL in on it! Rolleyes I get that you're worried, but you should at least base your anxiety in reality not some mythical anti-vaxxer world of pseudo-science, conspiracy theory, and misinformation, especially if you're going to tell other people to think for themselves.

The % is really low for reported adverse events but it is still higher than all tested and approved vaccines. You have government, media, companies all saying you have to get the vaccine that still hasn't been approved. Legally you can't do that. Why is everyone pushing it? Nothing is changing for opening things up, so what is it? When does government ever do things that are good for people? I'm not saying it is a conspiracy theory reason for the pushing though.

Any data that is out is incomplete and until we are 12-18 months in, we won't know what/if there are the long term effects. People are agreeing to be testers for drug companies for free.

I don't need the vaccine but I'd definitely wait 1 year to see what happens.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(04-01-2021, 07:50 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 04:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: As I said, no amount of proof is proof for conspiracy theorists, even their own damn sources of information. We've given MILLIONS of doses of the vaccine and a few thousand have died in a concurrent time period. A number well within the normal distribution of death in that time period by the way. What, you think a Covid vaccine prevents death from heart attack, cancer, and stroke? Nah, it's conspiracy and the shot is causing heart attacks, cancer, and strokes! Meanwhile every country on Earth that's explored this concern has come to the same conclusion, that there's no link between the shot and the deaths. But they're ALL in on it! Rolleyes I get that you're worried, but you should at least base your anxiety in reality not some mythical anti-vaxxer world of pseudo-science, conspiracy theory, and misinformation, especially if you're going to tell other people to think for themselves.

The % is really low for reported adverse events but it is still higher than all tested and approved vaccines. You have government, media, companies all saying you have to get the vaccine that still hasn't been approved. Legally you can't do that. Why is everyone pushing it? Nothing is changing for opening things up, so what is it? When does government ever do things that are good for people? I'm not saying it is a conspiracy theory reason for the pushing though.

Any data that is out is incomplete and until we are 12-18 months in, we won't know what/if there are the long term effects. People are agreeing to be testers for drug companies for free.

I don't need the vaccine but I'd definitely wait 1 year to see what happens.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

It will be up to us to repopulate the earth after this. Hope there are some hot chicks who are taking this same position.

(04-01-2021, 03:51 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 03:07 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you mean like from your own link?
  • To date, VAERS has not detected patterns in cause of death that would indicate a safety problem with COVID-19 vaccines.

and

Over 145 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through March 29, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 2,509 reports of death (0.0017%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS.

I absolutely agree with you and your source.
No deaths are ever attributed to vaccines. If they do, they have to pay out lots of money or stop the cash cow vaccine from being given.

They track these things for a reason, it doesn't mean they will ever admit the vaccine "caused" the death. If you are fine, i.e. not in the hospital and don't have a reason you should be admitted, and you take the vaccine and die in a week or 2 they will say you had some preexisting condition that caused your death.

All conditions that cause death are preexisting to death. You also don't die from the vaccine, just what it does to your body. Just like everyone died from there body reacting to a virus and not covid. The difference is they counted all those as covid and don't count any against the vaccine.

The point still stands that close to 2,000 reported have died after getting the vaccine. There haven't been that many deaths from people who have gotten any vaccine since the 60s.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Not true.

(04-01-2021, 06:01 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm not going to recommend or not recommend the vaccine because I feel that it's a personal choice.  Me personally I have little faith in the effectiveness of the vaccine, but that's just me not trusting the science of how it was created.

The (limited) research that I have done seems to show that the vaccine is nothing normally deadly to people.  I have a really hard time believing that the vaccine "caused death".  It wouldn't surprise me if the "side effects" played a role in people passing, especially older and more vulnerable people with some kind of other pre-existing condition.  It knocked me flat on my back in bed for a day, and I am "reasonably" healthy.

As I posted before, I and my wife chose to get it because we saw the eventual "COVID China Virus passports" coming.  IF and when we have to travel we have our "papers" showing that we are vaccinated.

Putting aside the health reasons for getting or not getting the vaccine, what should be disturbing to most people is the very idea of a "vaccination passport".  Such measures have nothing to do with "health" or "safety" and everything to do with control.

ICVP requirements already exist in many countries.

Here's the thing. I am not an anti-vaxxer. I don't think this vaccine is killing people left and right. However, I do think it's the nail in the coffin, so to speak, for many people who were already knocking on death's door. I don't find any fault in the vaccine makers for that, either. I do have a problem that we have a different standard for the vaccine than we did for the virus itself. Many of the deaths attributed to Covid are along the exact same lines as deaths not attributed to the vaccine. It just annoys me, because how are we supposed to properly measure anything when the standards are not the same.

2 years ago, almost nobody in the US would have been willing to sign up for a vaccine that didn't have a long term study for a virus that was not extremely dangerous. In the early stages of Covid, I can understand the fear, but by July of last year, the narrative should have changed, and with it, would be the call for a universal roll-out of the vaccine.

There are two things I am very interested in moving forward: The long term side effects of Covid (of which, we are finding there are multiple potential long term problems such as panic attacks and inflammatory disorders to name a couple), and the long term side effects of the vaccine (of which we know very little). Personally, I just think it's wise to wait to issue a universal roll-out at this point.

(04-01-2021, 11:25 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Here's the thing. I am not an anti-vaxxer. I don't think this vaccine is killing people left and right. However, I do think it's the nail in the coffin, so to speak, for many people who were already knocking on death's door. I don't find any fault in the vaccine makers for that, either. I do have a problem that we have a different standard for the vaccine than we did for the virus itself. Many of the deaths attributed to Covid are along the exact same lines as deaths not attributed to the vaccine. It just annoys me, because how are we supposed to properly measure anything when the standards are not the same.

2 years ago, almost nobody in the US would have been willing to sign up for a vaccine that didn't have a long term study for a virus that was not extremely dangerous. In the early stages of Covid, I can understand the fear, but by July of last year, the narrative should have changed, and with it, would be the call for a universal roll-out of the vaccine.  

There are two things I am very interested in moving forward: The long term side effects of Covid (of which, we are finding there are multiple potential long term problems such as panic attacks and inflammatory disorders to name a couple), and the long term side effects of the vaccine (of which we know very little). Personally, I just think it's wise to wait to issue a universal roll-out at this point.

The vaccine was 1st said that was going to kill everyone and no one was going to take it because Trump pushed it and made it happen. Then it is a complete switch now and people are doing anything they can to get it. Nothing has changed with the vaccine (unless you believe conspiracy things) so what has changed? The MSM coverage has only changed, they went from highlighting the adverse events to saying they didn't have anything to do with the vaccine.

I saw one guy had his skin turn red and then coming off in the last few days. The coverage just needs to be honest and don't push/force people into getting an experimental vaccine that most of the people getting it don't know it is still experimental and you can't sue if anything happens.

If the vaccine researchers, medical professionals, and politicians weren't taking it and were telling everyone else to, then I'd be a lot more concerned, but every doctor I personally know, as well as my family members who work for McKesson and directly with Operation Warp Speed, are taking it. So, my choice is I'll choose to trust them.

Does anyone find it ironic that the current Vice President President said that she wouldn't trust anything from the Trump administration, yet she supposedly took the very vaccine developed under his administration?

What is interesting is that the Biden Harris regime has a strong approval rating regarding the handling of the China virus, yet what we have now is the result of what was done under the Trump administration.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(04-02-2021, 03:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Does anyone find it ironic that the current Vice President President said that she wouldn't trust anything from the Trump administration, yet she supposedly took the very vaccine developed under his administration?

What is interesting is that the Biden Harris regime has a strong approval rating regarding the handling of the China virus, yet what we have now is the result of what was done under the Trump administration.

Media driven numbers and garbage..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Wow...

She said the quiet part out loud. https://t.co/8B0Ilz3ekX

It's too bad they weren't this fervent about the flu shot every year for the last decades. Imagine the lives saved. 

These people are [BLEEP] crazy. I need to get a vaccine to enjoy my constitutional rights and freedoms?! I don't freaking thing so. 

It's absurd that while Trump was in office they said people shouldn't get the vaccine but on Biden's inauguration day that switch flipped to everyone must get it. 

People aren't not getting it because they believe in conspiracy theories. I am so sick and tired of the narrative these media outlets push on every single story. It's nauseating.

(04-02-2021, 03:15 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Does anyone find it ironic that the current Vice President President said that she wouldn't trust anything from the Trump administration, yet she supposedly took the very vaccine developed under his administration?

Although I suspect the former President would like to claim credit, it wasn't members of his administration who where tasked with developing the vaccines. That work was performed  by the pharma companies who thankfully have trained and experienced staff for that purpose. So there's no reason Harris should be concerned about getting the shot.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-02-2021, 05:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It's too bad they weren't this fervent about the flu shot every year for the last decades. Imagine the lives saved. 

These people are [BLEEP] crazy. I need to get a vaccine to enjoy my constitutional rights and freedoms?! I don't freaking thing so. 

It's absurd that while Trump was in office they said people shouldn't get the vaccine but on Biden's inauguration day that switch flipped to everyone must get it. 

People aren't not getting it because they believe in conspiracy theories. I am so sick and tired of the narrative these media outlets push on every single story. It's nauseating.

While I agree we shouldn't trample on people's rights and try to force them to get a vaccine they don't want, when did people flip in their opinion about getting vaccinated? If anything advocates were concerned development of a vaccine would end up taking to long. The anti-vaxers have likewise maintained their positions AFAIK.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-02-2021, 06:20 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

Although I suspect the former President would like to claim credit, it wasn't members of his administration who where tasked with developing the vaccines. That work was performed  by the pharma companies who thankfully have trained and experienced staff for that purpose. So there's no reason Harris should be concerned about getting the shot.

Are you kidding me?  

Trump dropped the normal protocols to expedite getting the vaccine out.  The democrats screamed bloody murder.  As soon as Biden won they reversed the narrative.  Mind you republican leadership also did a 180. 

I keep waiting for the general public to wake up but am losing hope.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-02-2021, 05:46 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: It's too bad they weren't this fervent about the flu shot every year for the last decades. Imagine the lives saved. 

The heck they aren't. I've had dozens of conversations with people who think it's the Mark, that they wanna change your DNA, copyright your DNA, sterilize you, outright kill you...the world has gone full on looney over this shot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-02-2021, 09:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

The heck they aren't. I've had dozens of conversations with people who think it's the Mark, that they wanna change your DNA, copyright your DNA, sterilize you, outright kill you...the world has gone full on looney over this shot.

The U.S. has, that's for sure.  Have you followed it on the international level?  I think the political hysteria here is driving the paranoia.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-02-2021, 09:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Let me clarify. Not everyone who chooses to not get it believes in conspiracy theories. I was speaking for myself. I have good friends who believe all kinds of looney tunes crap and it drives me nuts because otherwise they're pretty level headed people.

(04-02-2021, 06:45 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:

While I agree we shouldn't trample on people's rights and try to force them to get a vaccine they don't want, when did people flip in their opinion about getting vaccinated? If anything advocates were concerned development of a vaccine would end up taking to long. The anti-vaxers have likewise maintained their positions AFAIK.

I followed up that statement with talking about the media and their narrative. I guess I should have prefaced my rant to say I was ranting about the media. 

Also, the left was not going to have anything to do with Trump's vaccine (as if he brewed it up in his basement himself) but Biden's vaccine is golden. It would be interesting to see an alternate universe where Trump is still POTUS and who on the left would be lined up to get their "golden ticket." Especially all the celebs sharing pictures and video of getting their shot.  And would a travel passport even be a discussion?

A real pandemic wouldn’t require a marketing campaign.

- Candace Owens