Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Now Americas favorite infectious disease "expert" is commenting on gun control.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The president of George Washington University just announced that all faculty and students must be vaccinated before returning the next school year.

Let the legal mayhem commence.

(04-18-2021, 06:51 PM)copycat Wrote: My uncle just passed away from covid.  Mind you he was 100 pounds overweight, diabetic and had lymphoma but the death certificate reads cause if death as covid 19.  

He was a decorated hero due to his actions while serving on board the USS Oriskany where he pulled/lead several fellow shipmates from harms way.  When pressed to tell the tale of that horrific day he would insist he did nothing special except save his own skin.  He knew as the LPO he could not evacuate until all of his subordinates where safe and accounted for.

What a legend!  May he rest in peace.

(04-18-2021, 06:51 PM)copycat Wrote: My uncle just passed away from covid.  Mind you he was 100 pounds overweight, diabetic and had lymphoma but the death certificate reads cause if death as covid 19.  

He was a decorated hero due to his actions while serving on board the USS Oriskany where he pulled/lead several fellow shipmates from harms way.  When pressed to tell the tale of that horrific day he would insist he did nothing special except save his own skin.  He knew as the LPO he could not evacuate until all of his subordinates where safe and accounted for.

Sorry for your loss brother.   He sounds like a great man.    My father, also a veteran, as well as, a retired  police officer with underlying health issues, made a comment about Covid.  I’m paraphrasing, but it was along the lines of “I’ve been shot at, fought in Vietnam, come back to get shot at again.  If I die of a virus, I’m going to be pissed”.  Your uncle sounds like that kinda man.  My heart/prayers. goes out to you and his family.  God bless

It is interesting to watch the lobbying against J&J and getting their vaccine pulled, and who is doing the lobbying. Pfizer intentionally waited until 2 days after the election to announce their vaccine.

Our government and these companies consist of the worst humans this planet has to offer.

The Pfizer vaccine can possibly trigger herpes zoster, or shingles, in folks who have a specific underlying autoimmune disease they may not even know they have. And people wonder why folks are hesitant to get these vaccines. Shingles are for life. Blood clots cause heart attacks and strokes. Yeah, no thank you. 

Link

Mike and Hurricane now have a cover story for their less than protective college life.

Shingles is the chicken pox virus that lays dormant in your nervous system for the rest of your life. So if you’ve had the chicken pox, you can get shingles. I had pox before I even started school and ended up having a shingles outbreak in the 6th grade believe it or not. Not usual for someone that you, but it does happen. Missed almost a whole semester from it because they were worried I’d pass chicken pox around the school. Haven’t had another one since...but it’s definitely another reason I’ll pass on the vaccine for now.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(04-21-2021, 05:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Shingles is the chicken pox virus that lays dormant in your nervous system for the rest of your life. So if you’ve had the chicken pox, you can get shingles. I had pox before I even started school and ended up having a shingles outbreak in the 6th grade believe it or not. Not usual for someone that you, but it does happen. Missed almost a whole semester from it because they were worried I’d pass chicken pox around the school. Haven’t had another one since...but it’s definitely another reason I’ll pass on the vaccine for now.

Their suggestion was to still get the covid vaccine but get the shingles vaccine first.  Wallbash

(04-21-2021, 11:33 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:35 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Shingles is the chicken pox virus that lays dormant in your nervous system for the rest of your life. So if you’ve had the chicken pox, you can get shingles. I had pox before I even started school and ended up having a shingles outbreak in the 6th grade believe it or not. Not usual for someone that you, but it does happen. Missed almost a whole semester from it because they were worried I’d pass chicken pox around the school. Haven’t had another one since...but it’s definitely another reason I’ll pass on the vaccine for now.

Their suggestion was to still get the covid vaccine but get the shingles vaccine first.  Wallbash

A vaccine that you need a vaccine for...talk about a money maker for them!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Good news everyone. Biden said we might be on track to celebrate independence day with our families if teenagers get vaccinated.

Gubernatorial elections have officially become more important than presidential elections.

(04-22-2021, 11:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good news everyone. Biden said we might be on track to celebrate independence day with our families if teenagers get vaccinated.

Gubernatorial elections have officially become more important than presidential elections.

Thank god I live in Florida. We would be in lock down hell if Desantis lost the election.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-22-2021, 12:01 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 11:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Good news everyone. Biden said we might be on track to celebrate independence day with our families if teenagers get vaccinated.

Thank god I live in Florida. We would be in lock down hell if Desantis lost the election.

30,000 votes away from our lives being a living hell under the race bating, corrupt, former mayor of Tallahassee who cheated on his wife with a man in a hotel room full of blow.

(04-22-2021, 12:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 12:01 PM)Dimson Wrote: Thank god I live in Florida. We would be in lock down hell if Desantis lost the election.

30,000 votes away from our lives being a living hell under the race bating, corrupt, former mayor of Tallahassee who cheated on his wife with a man in a hotel room full of blow.

I heard there were drugs in the room too!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

/slowclap

Lol

No side effects from the second dose of Pfizer except a mildly sore arm.

Bring it on, ‘rona!

(04-24-2021, 11:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: No side effects from the second dose of Pfizer except a mildly sore arm.

Bring it on, ‘rona!

And herpes?

I kid, I kid.

(04-22-2021, 12:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 12:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 30,000 votes away from our lives being a living hell under the race bating, corrupt, former mayor of Tallahassee who cheated on his wife with a man in a hotel room full of blow.

I heard there were drugs in the room too!

I'm sorry, that's too good of a setup.  I'm starting to think SC1 is your alt.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-24-2021, 01:22 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 12:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I heard there were drugs in the room too!

I'm sorry, that's too good of a setup.  I'm starting to think SC1 is your alt.

Nah, I don't do alts; one of me is more than enough.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato