Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

New York Yankees say 8 fully vaccinated team members have tested positive for COVID-19 https://t.co/xiJQht9nBa

But did they get free fries at Shake Shack?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-14-2021, 12:37 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I'm not sure why they made the statement about get vaccinated or keep wearing a mask. Anyone with a brain can see-through that logic. If the vaccine is available for free to anyone who wants it, why do people who choose to not get it need to wear a mask? If the vaccine works, the vaccinated don't need to worry about unmasked people. The unvaccinated are doing it by choice, so who cares if they get it.

It makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

"I can teach you many things, but I can't teach you to care about others."

Obviously no one wants those unvaccinated people to suddenly all get infected and overload the hospitals.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-14-2021, 11:33 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 12:37 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I'm not sure why they made the statement about get vaccinated or keep wearing a mask. Anyone with a brain can see-through that logic. If the vaccine is available for free to anyone who wants it, why do people who choose to not get it need to wear a mask? If the vaccine works, the vaccinated don't need to worry about unmasked people. The unvaccinated are doing it by choice, so who cares if they get it.

It makes no sense.

Obviously no one wants those unvaccinated people to suddenly all get infected and overload the hospitals.

I don't want anyone to care about me. Care about yourself, I got me covered.

It makes no sense.

Why would they overload hospitals? Hospitals will just refuse you service if you don't have the vaccine or a negative test. They are already doing it for surgeries.

It makes no sense.

In my experience,  the type of people who have to advertise that they care about other people usually don't really care about other people.

(05-14-2021, 12:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 11:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: "I can teach you many things, but I can't teach you to care about others."

In my experience,  the type of people who have to advertise that they care about other people usually don't really care about other people.

There's "care about you" in the sense of "ask how you're doing, make eye contact, really listen."
I'm bad at that.
There's "care about you" in the sense of "I won't screw you over and I want things to work just as well for you as they do for me."
I'm great at that.  
It's the cynics who can't tell the difference between the two who seem to screw things up IMO.  "I don't feel like anyone cares about me so eff them all."

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 02:17 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(05-14-2021, 02:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 12:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: In my experience,  the type of people who have to advertise that they care about other people usually don't really care about other people.

There's "care about you" in the sense of "ask how you're doing, make eye contact, really listen."
I'm bad at that.
There's "care about you" in the sense of "I won't screw you over and I want things to work just as well for you as they do for me."
I'm great at that.  
It's the cynics who can't tell the difference between the two who seem to screw things up IMO.  "I don't feel like anyone cares about me so eff them all."

Even the way you come at it is wrong.

It's not "I don't feel like anyone cares about me..."

It's legitimately, "I don't care about anyone else, especially if they expect a free ride."

You have to appreciate the irony that a mayor of a major city is pushing junk food as an incentive to get a vaccine for a virus that wreaks havoc on people with underlying conditions, some of which are caused by eating poorly.

There is no logic like liberal logic.

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2021, 05:34 PM by The Real Marty.)

Covid-19 can cause erectile dysfunction.  

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210513...s_public#1

(05-14-2021, 05:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Covid-19 can cause erectile dysfunction.  

You know they’re probably lying to convince more men to get the vaccine! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(05-14-2021, 06:26 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 05:33 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Covid-19 can cause erectile dysfunction.  

You know they’re probably lying to convince more men to get the vaccine! Laughing

The word "think" was used about 10 times in that article.

(05-14-2021, 02:17 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 02:09 PM)mikesez Wrote: There's "care about you" in the sense of "ask how you're doing, make eye contact, really listen."
I'm bad at that.
I'm great at that.  

Even the way you come at it is wrong.

It's not "I don't feel like anyone cares about me..."

It's legitimately, "I don't care about anyone else, especially if they expect a free ride."

On some level you do care about other people.  Certainly not everyone, but some people.  You might even have some people you care about enough that you would let them have a free ride.

I went and signed up again, just in case. Big Grin
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I'll bet a lot of people are hoping you're right!

The continued pushing of masks by democrats even though the CDC has now backed off masks is ironclad proof that masks were always a political control device.

(05-16-2021, 08:37 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The continued pushing of masks by democrats even though the CDC has now backed off masks is ironclad proof that masks were always a political control device.

And you can tell who was easily controlled..

Good doggies..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Costco is the only place I've been that 100% of the people are wearing a mask and no one seems to have a problem with it. They enforce their mask policy.

However, one guy decided he didn't want to fully comply and was walking around with the mask stretched over his nose with his mouth uncovered. So instead of being the courageous rebel, he simply looked like a moron.

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 09:25 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-16-2021, 09:18 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Costco is the only place I've been that 100% of the people are wearing a mask and no one seems to have a problem with it. They enforce their mask policy.

However, one guy decided he didn't want to fully comply and was walking around with the mask stretched over his nose with his mouth uncovered. So instead of being the courageous rebel, he simply looked like a moron.

The mis-wearing a mask thing has always been bad, but when you see the senate majory leaders massive schnozz hanging out of his mask, he isn't exactly leading by example.

I got the vibe that this was completely overblown last year when Fauci attended a VERY limited capacity Nationals game, where he spent the majority of his time circled by his friends and family, with masks hanging half off of their faces..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]