Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trevor Lawrence (merged threads)

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 08:11 AM by The Real Marty.)

Hays Carlyon said on Jaguars Today (1010xl) yesterday that so far Trevor Lawrence has been "sensational."  

He says there are a lot of things we can worry about if we want to, but we don't have to worry about Trevor Lawrence.

(Maybe this is why this thread is only 5 pages long.  There's just not that much to say about the guy.)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There's no controversy over Trevor Lawrence, he's the right guy and the team made the right choice picking him.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-05-2021, 10:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There's no controversy over Trevor Lawrence, he's the right guy and the team made the right choice picking him.

I heard he's got dandruff..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(06-05-2021, 10:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 10:39 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There's no controversy over Trevor Lawrence, he's the right guy and the team made the right choice picking him.

[Image: giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95213efa87eb41739a5a....webp&ct=g]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's still very gratifying to hear people who witnessed practice say he's everything we hoped he would be.

(06-05-2021, 12:55 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

It's still very gratifying to hear people who witnessed practice say he's everything we hoped he would be.

I said at draft time I'm so happy not having to try and convince myself that Wilson/Fields/Lance are just as good. This guy was the #1 pick if he had come out last year or stayed an extra year 

And hes ours.

(06-04-2021, 05:45 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: It also appears Meyer is making a significant impact on Lawrence too. After struggling to complete passes in the red zone during a drill last week, Lawrence showed the poise of a seasoned veteran Thursday.

Lmao yeah, in the last 4-5 years that Lawrence has spent establishing himself as the best QB prospect in a decade...it's that one week between of godking Urban's coaching that has helped Tlaw make the leap. Thank god we hired the godking.

(06-06-2021, 12:49 PM)Upper Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 05:45 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: It also appears Meyer is making a significant impact on Lawrence too. After struggling to complete passes in the red zone during a drill last week, Lawrence showed the poise of a seasoned veteran Thursday.

Lmao yeah, in the last 4-5 years that Lawrence has spent establishing himself as the best QB prospect in a decade...it's that one week between of godking Urban's coaching that has helped Tlaw make the leap. Thank god we hired the godking.

I don't know what kind of deep seeded mental trauma happened to you, but you need serious help, mentally and emotionally. You literally go thread to thread and vomit pure negativity. You're a joke, your posts are a joke and your personalities (yes, multiple) suck.. Not today, Satan..

Have a nice day..

(06-06-2021, 01:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 12:49 PM)Upper Wrote: Lmao yeah, in the last 4-5 years that Lawrence has spent establishing himself as the best QB prospect in a decade...it's that one week between of godking Urban's coaching that has helped Tlaw make the leap. Thank god we hired the godking.

I don't know what kind of deep seeded mental trauma happened to you, but you need serious help, mentally and emotionally. You literally go thread to thread and vomit pure negativity. You're a joke, your posts are a joke and your personalities (yes, multiple) suck.. Not today, Satan..

Have a nice day..

Nah, giving credit to our once a decade franchise QB's full body of work and not a week of coaching is positivity not negativity.

(06-06-2021, 01:26 PM)Upper Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 01:20 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I don't know what kind of deep seeded mental trauma happened to you, but you need serious help, mentally and emotionally. You literally go thread to thread and vomit pure negativity. You're a joke, your posts are a joke and your personalities (yes, multiple) suck.. Not today, Satan..

Have a nice day..

Nah, giving credit to our once a decade franchise QB's full body of work and not a week of coaching is positivity not negativity.

I stand by my statement.

(06-05-2021, 10:58 AM)WingerDinger Wrote:

Back in the 90s those were referred to as Flutie Flakes

Per 1010 XL, Trevor threw his first pick (maybe 2, IIRC). S Daniel Thomas got him. Jaguars QBs threw 4 INTs today (at least at the time of the report a little over an hour ago).

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(06-08-2021, 02:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Per 1010 XL, Trevor threw his first pick (maybe 2, IIRC).  S Daniel Thomas got him.  Jaguars QBs threw 4 INTs today (at least at the time of the report a little over an hour ago).

I'm OK with any good reports on our defense currently. 

I'd be even better hearing about Robinson and Etienne getting stuffed at the line when pads go on.

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 02:24 PM by Bullseye.)

(06-08-2021, 02:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 02:18 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Per 1010 XL, Trevor threw his first pick (maybe 2, IIRC).  S Daniel Thomas got him.  Jaguars QBs threw 4 INTs today (at least at the time of the report a little over an hour ago).

I'm OK with any good reports on our defense currently. 

I'd be even better hearing about Robinson and Etienne getting stuffed at the line when pads go on.

Forgot to mention, TL had work done on his hamstring.

Aside from that,

1. We don't know who on offense was to blame for the INTs, or if the defense simply made great plays, or some combination of both.

2. Days like this are bound to happen especially this early in the process. As long as TL is a better QB from this, and as long as the team as a whole is better.

(06-08-2021, 02:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 02:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm OK with any good reports on our defense currently. 

Forgot to mention, TL had work done on his hamstring.

Damn it, Bullseye.

Stop trying to make me worry! 

https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/14...51136?s=20

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/1...83393?s=20

(06-08-2021, 02:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 02:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Forgot to mention, TL had work done on his hamstring.

Damn it, Bullseye.

Not trying to make anyone worry, NYC.  Just reporting what I'd heard.

I get ZERO joy out of any bad news from Jaguars camp.

I've been hearing good things about Chaisson, so that's nice. Man, if he could be the player we hope he can be...

(06-08-2021, 02:43 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I've been hearing good things about Chaisson, so that's nice. Man, if he could be the player we hope he can be...

Look, players never get better after their rookie season. We were right to write him off last year.

(06-08-2021, 02:54 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 02:43 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: I've been hearing good things about Chaisson, so that's nice. Man, if he could be the player we hope he can be...

Look, players never get better after their rookie season. We were right to write him off last year.

I didn't like his selection, but any chance he has to get better will be this year.  He's moving from a DE in a 4-3 to an OLB in a 3-4.  He's actually having a training camp, and he's moving from his rookie year to his second year.

But we won't know how much he's improved, if at all, until the pads come on.

(06-08-2021, 02:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 02:22 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Forgot to mention, TL had work done on his hamstring.

Damn it, Bullseye.

Bust