Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

98% of the Covid inpatients in Duval County as of this afternoon at 3pm are unvaccinated. This follows the continuing trend that counties with higher vaccination rates are seeing corresponding lower admission rates. Duval lags behind with St John's County 46% to 61% but Clay is the regional low with just 41%.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-09-2021, 10:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 98% of the Covid inpatients in Duval County as of this afternoon at 3pm are unvaccinated. This follows the continuing trend that counties with higher vaccination rates are seeing corresponding lower admission rates. Duval lags behind with St John's County 46% to 61% but Clay is the regional low with just 41%.

How many patients overall in Duval County?  98% sounds like a high number unless the number of patients is like 5.

What about Clay county?  41% might be a low number unless the number of patients is like 100.

Of those inpatients how many are in ICU or on ventilators?  Is there a shortage of ventilators?

A percentage doesn't really mean anything without all of the numbers.  That's exactly how the MSM manipulates the "information" that they spew.

Dig further into the statistics and state how many of the inpatients have pre-existing conditions or are older than say 60?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-10-2021, 06:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-09-2021, 10:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 98% of the Covid inpatients in Duval County as of this afternoon at 3pm are unvaccinated. This follows the continuing trend that counties with higher vaccination rates are seeing corresponding lower admission rates. Duval lags behind with St John's County 46% to 61% but Clay is the regional low with just 41%.

How many patients overall in Duval County?  98% sounds like a high number unless the number of patients is like 5.

What about Clay county?  41% might be a low number unless the number of patients is like 100.

Of those inpatients how many are in ICU or on ventilators?  Is there a shortage of ventilators?

A percentage doesn't really mean anything without all of the numbers.  That's exactly how the MSM manipulates the "information" that they spew.

Dig further into the statistics and state how many of the inpatients have pre-existing conditions or are older than say 60?

The 41% is total population % that are vaccinated. The more conservative, the less vaccinated generally. No clue on the 98% but we do know there are different classifications for a positive test between the 2 groups. Don't know how Duval is doing it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(07-10-2021, 06:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 06:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: How many patients overall in Duval County?  98% sounds like a high number unless the number of patients is like 5.

The 41% is total population % that are vaccinated. The more conservative, the less vaccinated generally. No clue on the 98% but we do know there are different classifications for a positive test between the 2 groups. Don't know how Duval is doing it.

But JIB is correct.  If FSG says 66% of people admitted have not been vaccinated and the number of people admitted was 3 the percentage means nothing.  Give us some real numbers to work with and then we can have a meaningful conversation.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(07-10-2021, 06:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 06:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: How many patients overall in Duval County?  98% sounds like a high number unless the number of patients is like 5.

The more conservative the less vaccinated?  I find it hard to believe that Duval is more conservative than St. John’s. St. John’s has a higher vax rate than duval and by a mile.  I think it was about 10 percentage points (by county). I saw that on the news the other day.  I just chalked it up to St. John’s residents were more responsible than in Duval.  I’d even put money on that.  But I am biased.  Having said that, I am not vaccinated. Maybe we need more solid numbers. And can we really put politics that far ahead of us to say that vaccination equates political view? That’s just asinine.

(07-10-2021, 08:02 PM)copycat Wrote: But JIB is correct.  If FSG says 66% of people admitted have not been vaccinated and the number of people admitted was 3 the percentage means nothing.  Give us some real numbers to work with and then we can have a meaningful conversation.

Didn't say he was wrong. I was clarifying where the % came from, other than the 98% hospitalization since I don't know where that one was from.

(07-10-2021, 08:14 PM)Jags Wrote: The more conservative the less vaccinated?  I find it hard to believe that Duval is more conservative than St. John’s. St. John’s has a higher vax rate than duval and by a mile.  I think it was about 10 percentage points (by county). I saw that on the news the other day.  I just chalked it up to St. John’s residents were more responsible than in Duval.  I’d even put money on that.  But I am biased.  Having said that, I am not vaccinated. Maybe we need more solid numbers. And can we really put politics that far ahead of us to say that vaccination equates political view? That’s just asinine.

There is a graphic where the states with <50% vaccinated Trump won all but the 3 cheated ones, Biden won all the ones above 50%.

Normally you would be correct but now conservatives are less trusting of the government and the untested vaccine. That doesn't mean there aren't outliers but overall it is very clear.

The 98% number came from the weekly update I receive from the Incident Command Response Center from my organization, one of the largest Health Care Systems in Florida., which referenced the NE Florida region by County. As of yesterday my system had 117 admissions, 114 of which were unvaxxed. I don't have the Critical Care numbers in this update, but the trend has been that about half of admissions require Critical Care during their stay. I don't have the demographic breakdown of the admissions, but it's quite clear that vaccination status correlates to inpatient admission if you contract the virus.

Edit: I'll also add that trended over time these numbers are increasing as we were running around 45-50 weekly just 8 weeks ago.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I definitely agree with the red/blue argument. Most red states are very untrusting of the government which is why most do not get the vaccine.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(07-12-2021, 12:48 PM)Dimson Wrote: I definitely agree with the red/blue argument. Most red states are very untrusting of the government which is why most do not get the vaccine.

And that is a definite switch with this vaccine. Usually the anit-vaxers are liberal moms buying into whatever celebrities are pushing. It has been growing though recently with more studies being done. What you wouldn't have thought you would see is conservatives going against Trump and saying don't get the vaccine.

It just shows that conservatives think for themselves and want to see actual studies and fact based decisions. Not propaganda feed to them by people that have no clue what they are talking about and have been proven wrong time after time. The last major new vaccine push was for the military and the gulf war and that cost a lot of people big time for something they didn't need. So when you take that, all the lies by the dems and "science", you can see why people don't trust them. Everything is hidden or manipulated to say it is fine, just trust us, you don't need to see the raw data, it is fine.

(07-12-2021, 01:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 12:48 PM)Dimson Wrote: I definitely agree with the red/blue argument. Most red states are very untrusting of the government which is why most do not get the vaccine.

And that is a definite switch with this vaccine. Usually the anit-vaxers are liberal moms buying into whatever celebrities are pushing. It has been growing though recently with more studies being done. What you wouldn't have thought you would see is conservatives going against Trump and saying don't get the vaccine.

It just shows that conservatives think for themselves and want to see actual studies and fact based decisions. Not propaganda feed to them by people that have no clue what they are talking about and have been proven wrong time after time. The last major new vaccine push was for the military and the gulf war and that cost a lot of people big time for something they didn't need. So when you take that, all the lies by the dems and "science", you can see why people don't trust them. Everything is hidden or manipulated to say it is fine, just trust us, you don't need to see the raw data, it is fine.

Dems are very trusting of the government as most of them are used to living off the teet of the federal government.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

57% increase in admissions across the city between Friday night and Monday morning. Of the 152 patients in house at my shop 150 are not fully vaccinated as we continue to see the correlation between vaccine status and case severity.

(07-12-2021, 04:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 57% increase in admissions across the city between Friday night and Monday morning. Of the 152 patients in house at my shop 150 are not fully vaccinated as we continue to see the correlation between vaccine status and case severity.

They're immune now Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2021, 05:58 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fda-warn-...lain-barre

Opps. Pretty sure the government is in the pocket of Pfizer, so no news like this expected for them.

Is Fauchi the most corrupt government official of all time?

Dr. Fauci: "Unvaccinated children of a certain age—greater than 2 years old—should be wearing masks. No doubt about that." https://t.co/LMhnD0iPp3

(07-10-2021, 06:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

It's several hundred in Duval currently.   My GF is seeing the same at her hospital of employ  - over one hundred new covid patients since July 4th and almost all unvaccinated. Many of them in their 30's with severe pneumonia.

(07-10-2021, 11:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The 98% number came from the weekly update I receive from the Incident Command Response Center from my organization, one of the largest Health Care Systems in Florida., which referenced the NE Florida region by County. As of yesterday my system had 117 admissions, 114 of which were unvaxxed. I don't have the Critical Care numbers in this update, but the trend has been that about half of admissions require Critical Care during their stay. I don't have the demographic breakdown of the admissions, but it's quite clear that vaccination status correlates to inpatient admission if you contract the virus.

Edit: I'll also add that trended over time these numbers are increasing as we were running around 45-50 weekly just 8 weeks ago.

Do you get the info on how many deaths have been associated with this rise in hospitalizations?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(07-13-2021, 08:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 11:48 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The 98% number came from the weekly update I receive from the Incident Command Response Center from my organization, one of the largest Health Care Systems in Florida., which referenced the NE Florida region by County. As of yesterday my system had 117 admissions, 114 of which were unvaxxed. I don't have the Critical Care numbers in this update, but the trend has been that about half of admissions require Critical Care during their stay. I don't have the demographic breakdown of the admissions, but it's quite clear that vaccination status correlates to inpatient admission if you contract the virus.

Do you get the info on how many deaths have been associated with this rise in hospitalizations?

Not yet, mainly because that is delayed at the Health Department. I know we had at least one early 40s person who passed last week and three more that are permanently immune as TrivialPursuit joked.

I will admit that one of the problems with people who have "had" covid is the efficacy of the test they were using early on. It had a fairly high false positive. My wife tested positive and neither of us believe she had it.

(07-13-2021, 09:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I will admit that one of the problems with people who have "had" covid is the efficacy of the test they were using early on. It had a fairly high false positive. My wife tested positive and neither of us believe she had it.

What makes you think there were more false positives than false negatives early on?

False negatives are the common complaint from researchers.

Some assumption from your single anecdotal case is of zero relevance.

(07-14-2021, 12:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 09:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I will admit that one of the problems with people who have "had" covid is the efficacy of the test they were using early on. It had a fairly high false positive. My wife tested positive and neither of us believe she had it.

What makes you think there were more false positives than false negatives early on?

False negatives are the common complaint from researchers.

Some assumption from your single anecdotal case is of zero relevance.
The PCR is not a test to use to confirm someone is infected. They also have and still are using a high number of cycles to determine if you have it.

PCR was designed to replicate a small DNA sample so you could do a bunch of tests on that small sample where you didn't have enough to test with before. Nothing to do with virus testing.

So yes there are a bunch of false positive and negative with those tests. If you any trace the PCR test could pick it up with enough cycles but it doesn't mean you are sick or infected. Fruit, soda, etc have tested positive, probably from some transfer during or before the test.

Rapid tests generally will not produce a false positive because it requires enough copies in your body to actually make you sick or infected.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk