Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-14-2021, 01:21 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 12:09 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: What makes you think there were more false positives than false negatives early on?

False negatives are the common complaint from researchers.

Some assumption from your single anecdotal case is of zero relevance.
The PCR is not a test to use to confirm someone is infected. They also have and still are using a high number of cycles to determine if you have it.

PCR was designed to replicate a small DNA sample so you could do a bunch of tests on that small sample where you didn't have enough to test with before. Nothing to do with virus testing.

So yes there are a bunch of false positive and negative with those tests. If you any trace the PCR test could pick it up with enough cycles but it doesn't mean you are sick or infected. Fruit, soda, etc have tested positive, probably from some transfer during or before the test.

Rapid tests generally will not produce a false positive because it requires enough copies in your body to actually make you sick or infected.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Describing the limitations of PCR testing does nothing to prove the unfounded proclamation that “there were a significant number of false positives vs negatives” 

PCR was also not the only test available - it was merely the most readily available due to the incompetent preparation in the US by an administration that deemed the virus a myth.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why hasn't the vaccine been approved for children under 12 yet?

It should be obvious from the context of the conversation why false negatives don't matter. Don't you think you should understand my point before proudly attacking it?

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2021, 01:57 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a believer. We need more of this.

Pop star Olivia Rodrigo in the briefing room explains why it’s good 4 u to get the covid-19 vaccine
https://t.co/FDIlD5zGln

[Image: 20210714-135629.png]

(07-14-2021, 01:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a believer. We need more of this.

Pop star Olivia Rodrigo in the briefing room explains why it’s good 4 u to get the covid-19 vaccine  

Jack the Sniffer strikes again.

The feminist outrage will commence soon. 
Just kidding, we know it won’t.

(07-14-2021, 08:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It should be obvious from the context of the conversation why false negatives don't matter. Don't you think you should understand my point before proudly attacking it?

What context? You don't even know how to use the quote or reply features? 
Am I supposed to randomly apply your post to any of 20+ other posts?  Should I even assume your dumb [BLEEP] is referencing my post with this? 

LOL

You're hilarious. Whoops.... hold on a sec....

(07-14-2021, 03:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You're hilarious. Whoops.... hold on a sec....

Liberals are such angry people, huh? We need to get that guy a hooker.

(07-14-2021, 02:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-14-2021, 08:09 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It should be obvious from the context of the conversation why false negatives don't matter. Don't you think you should understand my point before proudly attacking it?

What context? You don't even know how to use the quote or reply features? 
Am I supposed to randomly apply your post to any of 20+ other posts?  Should I even assume your dumb [BLEEP] is referencing my post with this? 

LOL

You're hilarious.

EVERYONE ELSE IGNORE THIS POST. IT'S JUST FOR NYC4jags. I DON'T WANT HIM TO GET CONFUSED.

NYC4jags... since you can't follow a thread, let me see if I can help you out with that. I know the internet is a big and scary place, but if you can try to do these few simple steps, maybe you, too, can participate without coming across like a complete moron and/or arrogant prick.

Step 1: Read a thread top to bottom and left to right. When it gets to the end, you need to click on the next page to continue reading the discussion.
Step 2: Notice the breaks between posts. This is there to identify who is talking during the discussion. Look for the poster's name to the left of the post.
Step 3: Pay attention to each person as they post, and try to understand what it is that they are saying before commenting. It's helpful to use the context of the posts that came before it to help with your understanding.
Step 4: If you have a question about what a different poster has said, just ask. It makes you look less stupid than just jumping in with bold accusations. It can also help you avoid the need to use ad hominem attacks to feel better about yourself.
Step 5: Contribute your new ideas the discussion only after genuinely attempting to understand the previous poster. Preferably, support those ideas with actual data.
Step 6: Enjoy the reputation you earn as a contributing member of a forum.

Bonus information: Sometimes people don't use the reply button. This can cause some confusion. However, most people who aren't [BLEEP] can use context clues to determine who is being addressed, especially if it comes within in a post or two of the post it is attempting to address. If you're not one of those people, I apologize. However, I have to admit that it makes me care significantly less about your opinion. 

May your days on the internet be filled with joy.

(07-14-2021, 04:30 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: EVERYONE ELSE IGNORE THIS POST. IT'S JUST FOR NYC4jags. I DON'T WANT HIM TO GET CONFUSED.

NYC4jags... since you can't follow a thread, let me see if I can help you out with that. I know the internet is a big and scary place, but if you can try to do these few simple steps, maybe you, too, can participate without coming across like a complete moron and/or arrogant prick.

Step 1: Read a thread top to bottom and left to right. When it gets to the end, you need to click on the next page to continue reading the discussion.
Step 2: Notice the breaks between posts. This is there to identify who is talking during the discussion. Look for the poster's name to the left of the post.
Step 3: Pay attention to each person as they post, and try to understand what it is that they are saying before commenting. It's helpful to use the context of the posts that came before it to help with your understanding.
Step 4: If you have a question about what a different poster has said, just ask. It makes you look less stupid than just jumping in with bold accusations. It can also help you avoid the need to use ad hominem attacks to feel better about yourself.
Step 5: Contribute your new ideas the discussion only after genuinely attempting to understand the previous poster. Preferably, support those ideas with actual data.
Step 6: Enjoy the reputation you earn as a contributing member of a forum.

Bonus information: Sometimes people don't use the reply button. This can cause some confusion. However, most people who aren't [BLEEP] can use context clues to determine who is being addressed, especially if it comes within in a post or two of the post it is attempting to address. If you're not one of those people, I apologize. However, I have to admit that it makes me care significantly less about your opinion. 

May your days on the internet be filled with joy.

That's a lot of of effort to just confirm that you are full of [BLEEP].  Hope it was fun for you.

You still don't get it? Do you want to make a bet on if I'm full of [BLEEP] or not? Do you think it will take me any effort at all to A) that there were a lot of false positive early in the pandemic and B) that my post makes sense in the context of the discussion? Wanna put your rep on the line?

(07-14-2021, 07:52 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Why hasn't the vaccine been approved for children under 12 yet?

Different immune system at different stages of childhood and they are the least susceptible to serious illness, therefore they were the last focus for development.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-14-2021, 05:14 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: You still don't get it? Do you want to make a bet on if I'm full of [BLEEP] or not? Do you think it will take me any effort at all to A) that there were a lot of false positive early in the pandemic and B) that my post makes sense in the context of the discussion? Wanna put your rep on the line?

Yawn. Rep?  I don't give a damn about rep on a message board, especially in a sub-forum full of blathering nitwits blowing smoke up each other's butts. 

Now, aside from the fact that you are either too tech-stupid, or too inconsiderate and lazy to operate the board in such a way that provides readers with context without having to scroll through multiple pages of your fearful drivel to guess at whom you've responded, if you now suddenly want to explain why you think false positives from several months ago have any relevance to your prior post, go for it!! 
Probably what you should have done in the first [BLEEP] place, but whatever.

Man, maybe we should get you a hooker.

I think L2L and NYC need to meet up and go bowling.. Ya'll can get a pitcher or 2 of beer, talk about feelings, friendship, life and love.

Ya'll complete each other..

Smiles and cries, dudes..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2021, 06:14 PM by Lucky2Last.)

I'm down.

(07-14-2021, 06:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I think L2L and NYC need to meet up and go bowling.. Ya'll can get a pitcher or 2 of beer, talk about feelings, friendship, life and love.

Ya'll complete each other..

Smiles and cries, dudes..

Whoops. Did it again... wouldn't want a certain someone to get confused.

I'm down.

(07-14-2021, 01:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I was skeptical at first, but now I'm a believer. We need more of this.

(06-06-2021, 08:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: This isn't real. You should know better.

I showed this to my oldest daughter and wife. My daughter simply made an OMG gesture and my wife asked “Why do they let him do that?” 

Because democrats have different standards for themselves.

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2021, 07:51 PM by captivating.)

I guess you didn't realize it's photoshopped. But at least Joe puts his pants on the right way, unlike the previous President.