Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(07-20-2021, 11:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 11:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Oh great, this stupid [BLEEP] game again. You do this every time you're wrong. It doesn't work with me. I've got work to do. 

I already know you're an idiot that hates being wrong,  yet you still run all over the bull [BLEEP] foothills planting flags on every little knob of land you encounter anyway. It's sad.

You carry a lot of anger in your soul.

Nope. 

Just a lack of patience for people who seek to obfuscate the essential facts with a bunch of biased garbage.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-20-2021, 11:58 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Brief recap (obviously not for the arrogant, because they already know). The conversation in this thread was talking about natural immunity possibly being superior to vaccine immunity. FSG posted numbers that showed people were getting Covid at an increasing rate. TP made a joke about them being immune now. When FSG reference TP's statement, I chimed in with

(07-13-2021, 09:28 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I will admit that one of the problems with people who have "had" covid is the efficacy of the test they were using early on. It had a fairly high false positive. My wife tested positive and neither of us believe she had it.

Now, anyone following that thread should know that my statement was one that supported FSG's position. While I don't think it's smart to do a global roll-out, I was giving FSG another reason why those who have "had" COVID may want to consider getting the vaccine anyways. The high false positivity rating early in this pandemic may cause some people who think they had it to avoid the vaccine, when they otherwise might get it.  It's that simple.

Sorry that was complicated for you.  There was no fearmongering. I can show you the math that proves there were a lot of false positives. There was no reason to mention the false negatives because it had nothing to do with my point. The example with my wife was anecdotal, but relevant to my post. Literally every post you made afterward showed that you completely misunderstood my premise, and you blamed my failure to quote someone for your inability to read two posts back to back. I even messaged FSG to see if my post was clear or not, because I would prefer to avoid being an arrogant [BLEEP] like some posters here. Although I must admit, you're making it really hard for me.  

Go do your work. Might want to get it checked for accuracy.

Was that so hard? 

A. Of course ppl who have had covid should get the vaccine anyway (after the recommended 90 days) That's standard protocol.

B. The false positive numbers are still insignificant in the big picture. How many folks do you think there are running around that tested positive, falsely or not, who haven't been told in no uncertain terms they should still get the vaccine?  Gotta be a tiny, tiny number. 
I was contacted after my positive test by two separate ppl working for the FDOH telling me to get vaccinated in 90 days after symptoms subside, and not only is that the case for many more positive testers, this information is being broadcast widely on many platforms. 

C. I didn't misunderstand your premise, I just didn't want to go back through 5 pages of crap to find it. Turns out it was still basically moot.

On another note, CMS reauthorized the PHE for another 90 days effective today. This has several ramifications for the delivery of care, but one I thought we should highlight is that once the PHE expires the EAU for the vaccines does as well and they have to be pulled from use. That means the PHE will probably be in effect until after the FDA approves the current group of vaccines, roughly next summer some time.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2021, 02:39 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(07-20-2021, 12:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 11:58 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Brief recap (obviously not for the arrogant, because they already know). The conversation in this thread was talking about natural immunity possibly being superior to vaccine immunity. FSG posted numbers that showed people were getting Covid at an increasing rate. TP made a joke about them being immune now. When FSG reference TP's statement, I chimed in with

Now, anyone following that thread should know that my statement was one that supported FSG's position. While I don't think it's smart to do a global roll-out, I was giving FSG another reason why those who have "had" COVID may want to consider getting the vaccine anyways. The high false positivity rating early in this pandemic may cause some people who think they had it to avoid the vaccine, when they otherwise might get it.  It's that simple.

Sorry that was complicated for you.  There was no fearmongering. I can show you the math that proves there were a lot of false positives. There was no reason to mention the false negatives because it had nothing to do with my point. The example with my wife was anecdotal, but relevant to my post. Literally every post you made afterward showed that you completely misunderstood my premise, and you blamed my failure to quote someone for your inability to read two posts back to back. I even messaged FSG to see if my post was clear or not, because I would prefer to avoid being an arrogant [BLEEP] like some posters here. Although I must admit, you're making it really hard for me.  

Go do your work. Might want to get it checked for accuracy.

Was that so hard? 

A. Of course ppl who have had covid should get the vaccine anyway (after the recommended 90 days) That's standard protocol.

B. The false positive numbers are still insignificant in the big picture. How many folks do you think there are running around that tested positive, falsely or not, who haven't been told in no uncertain terms they should still get the vaccine?  Gotta be a tiny, tiny number. 
I was contacted after my positive test by two separate ppl working for the FDOH telling me to get vaccinated in 90 days after symptoms subside, and not only is that the case for many more positive testers, this information is being broadcast widely on many platforms. 

C. I didn't misunderstand your premise, I just didn't want to go back through 5 pages of crap to find it. Turns out it was still basically moot.

I guess it's always easier to have other people do the work for you. We'll just overlook the fact that you were wrong in every post you made after you misread my comment (including the last one where you accused me of comprehension issues). It's cool. I'll be the bigger man and accept your apology.

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2021, 02:11 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

How come you don't see any advertisements from Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J for the vaccine on television?

(07-20-2021, 02:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How come you don't see any advertisements from Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J for the vaccine on television?

Why pay for something when you’re getting it for free from everyone else?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

A new variant is out there that requires 3 masks!

[Image: 73563115.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(07-20-2021, 03:40 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: A new variant is out there that requires 3 masks!

[Image: 73563115.jpg]

Better make it 5.. Maybe they'll choke themselves out.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-20-2021, 02:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: How come you don't see any advertisements from Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J for the vaccine on television?

(07-20-2021, 02:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

Why pay for something when you’re getting it for free from everyone else?

Per laws/requirements you have to list the symptoms during the commercial. You also have to provide whats in the vaccine and they still ship blank pages with them.

(07-20-2021, 06:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote:

(07-20-2021, 02:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Why pay for something when you’re getting it for free from everyone else?

Per laws/requirements you have to list the symptoms during the commercial. You also have to provide whats in the vaccine and they still ship blank pages with them.

No it doesn't...

The active ingredient is a single-stranded, 5’-capped messenger RNA (mRNA) produced using a cell-free in vitro transcription from the corresponding DNA templates, encoding the viral spike (S) protein of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose

(07-20-2021, 07:58 PM)captivating Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 06:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Per laws/requirements you have to list the symptoms during the commercial. You also have to provide whats in the vaccine and they still ship blank pages with them.

No it doesn't...

The active ingredient is a single-stranded, 5’-capped messenger RNA (mRNA) produced using a cell-free in vitro transcription from the corresponding DNA templates, encoding the viral spike (S) protein of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine includes the following ingredients: mRNA, lipids ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 2 [(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 1,2-Distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and cholesterol), potassium chloride, monobasic potassium phosphate, sodium chloride, dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, and sucrose

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Rolleyes

They would have to take out a full minute ad or hire the Micro Machines guy to list all the side effects.

(07-20-2021, 06:57 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Per laws/requirements you have to list the symptoms during the commercial. You also have to provide whats in the vaccine and they still ship blank pages with them.

Speaking of which, have you ever noticed when they are running through the side effects during commercials, they always have a background storyline with vivid action so your focus is on the visual effects and not what they are saying.

(07-20-2021, 07:58 PM)captivating Wrote:

No it doesn't...

What did I say was wrong? Do they print the list of ingredients with the vaccine, list anything that is provided with all other drugs? The answer is no they aren't providing that. They provide a blank set of pages ............. maybe it's a blind study ............ I don't know why they are providing blank pages but there is video evidence of that.

I didn't say you couldn't get a list of the ingredients elsewhere.

(07-20-2021, 08:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Speaking of which, have you ever noticed when they are running through the side effects during commercials, they always have a background storyline with vivid action so your focus is on the visual effects and not what they are saying.

Most times they have to report everything that anyone reports. You eat some bad food and spend the day in the bathroom, it's a potential side effect. It's why most drugs all have the same standard list of side effects.

Back in October the CDC knew of at least ~30 side effects, they showed it on a slide deck and that info has not been officially disclosed for normal people to see.

(07-20-2021, 08:58 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 08:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Speaking of which, have you ever noticed when they are running through the side effects during commercials, they always have a background storyline with vivid action so your focus is on the visual effects and not what they are saying.

Most times they have to report everything that anyone reports. You eat some bad food and spend the day in the bathroom, it's a potential side effect. It's why most drugs all have the same standard list of side effects.

Back in October the CDC knew of at least ~30 side effects, they showed it on a slide deck and that info has not been officially disclosed for normal people to see.

Not hard for a normal person to find this....

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/cl...Appendix-C

You and rest of the flat earth society need to stop looking for a conspiracy that doesn't exist.

(07-20-2021, 08:52 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 07:58 PM)captivating Wrote: No it doesn't...

What did I say was wrong? Do they print the list of ingredients with the vaccine, list anything that is provided with all other drugs? The answer is no they aren't providing that. They provide a blank set of pages ............. maybe it's a blind study ............ I don't know why they are providing blank pages but there is video evidence of that.

They ummm...aren't blank. They list the online location of the documentation, so I'm not sure how you drew a negative conclusion from this unless you only watched that video where the woman contradicts herself by showing the QR code.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factchec...SL1N2MY1TT

TL;DR:

VERDICT

Missing context. While it is true the packaging insert was left mostly blank, this was intentional – and was a decision explicitly detailed on the insert itself. Instead, the company has used the leaflet to direct readers to an online Fact Sheet that can be updated and reflect any revisions made by the FDA.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-21-2021, 10:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 08:52 PM)p_rushing Wrote: What did I say was wrong? Do they print the list of ingredients with the vaccine, list anything that is provided with all other drugs? The answer is no they aren't providing that. They provide a blank set of pages ............. maybe it's a blind study ............ I don't know why they are providing blank pages but there is video evidence of that.

They ummm...aren't blank. They list the online location of the documentation, so I'm not sure how you drew a negative conclusion from this unless you only watched that video where the woman contradicts herself by showing the QR code.

TL;DR:

VERDICT

Missing context. While it is true the packaging insert was left mostly blank, this was intentional – and was a decision explicitly detailed on the insert itself. Instead, the company has used the leaflet to direct readers to an online Fact Sheet that can be updated and reflect any revisions made by the FDA.

Really that makes sense.. a constantly updating sheet. Though if it were a properly studied vaccine it should have a solidified fact sheet with no need for constant updating - but again - it's a pandemic and things tend to go around red tape in these situations.

I'm too lazy to actually watch any videos of the blank sheet though... why not just a QR code plastered to something.. why waste our precious trees? /sarcasm

(07-21-2021, 10:34 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(07-21-2021, 10:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They ummm...aren't blank. They list the online location of the documentation, so I'm not sure how you drew a negative conclusion from this unless you only watched that video where the woman contradicts herself by showing the QR code.

TL;DR:

VERDICT

Really that makes sense.. a constantly updating sheet. Though if it were a properly studied vaccine it should have a solidified fact sheet with no need for constant updating - but again - it's a pandemic and things tend to go around red tape in these situations.

I'm too lazy to actually watch any videos of the blank sheet though... why not just a QR code plastered to something.. why waste our precious trees? /sarcasm

I don't know that they've ever updated it, so it might just be a contingency. As for how the packaging is created I'm no expert there so I have no idea.