Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Well I caved today. I could not take anymore badgering from the wife. I still think this is way overhyped, over sensationalized and way too politicized.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

After being diagnosed and fought covid twice, and losing multiple family members, I have decided to sign my own death certificate. I am not comfortable with being vaccinated. Why push something that hasnt been certified by the FDA? Better yet, why get a vaccine that leaves open the door for you to get infected with covid which means you still have to wear a mask? I know its not going to protect you 100%, but still I have my doubts. 

Im married with children, yes call me selfish, idiotic, etc whatever. This isnt political or about making a political statement, I simply dont trust the science or facts behind the science. 

If I dont log back on in the next few months, hopefully ill make it to paradise. 

-JH
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(07-23-2021, 06:42 PM)copycat Wrote: Well I caved today.  I could not take anymore badgering from the wife.  I still think this is way overhyped, over sensationalized and way too politicized.

I caved too last weekend.  My brother is vaccinated, mainly because he had to for work.  My elderly parents are bothe vaccinated.  My wife got vaccinated at work.  Had a Dr appointment and got hounded by her as well as motivated not to die from all my bad habits.  I’m due for my second one early August.  If that shot kills me, so help me God.  I’ll haunt every last one of them.

(07-23-2021, 08:13 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: After being diagnosed and fought covid twice, and losing multiple family members, I have decided to sign my own death certificate. I am not comfortable with being vaccinated. Why push something that hasnt been certified by the FDA? Better yet, why get a vaccine that leaves open the door for you to get infected with covid which means you still have to wear a mask? I know its not going to protect you 100%, but still I have my doubts. 

Im married with children, yes call me selfish, idiotic, etc whatever. This isnt political or about making a political statement, I simply dont trust the science or facts behind the science. 

If I dont log back on in the next few months, hopefully ill make it to paradise. 

-JH

If you've had it, you should be less likely to get it in the future, and also not as likely to get the serious version. When you had it the second time, was it better or worse?

(07-23-2021, 09:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 08:13 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: After being diagnosed and fought covid twice, and losing multiple family members, I have decided to sign my own death certificate. I am not comfortable with being vaccinated. Why push something that hasnt been certified by the FDA? Better yet, why get a vaccine that leaves open the door for you to get infected with covid which means you still have to wear a mask? I know its not going to protect you 100%, but still I have my doubts. 

-JH

If you've had it, you should be less likely to get it in the future, and also not as likely to get the serious version. When you had it the second time, was it better or worse?

Thats what im hoping my immune system has built of a defense so that if I do catch this new strain I can handle it. Ive stocked up on turmeric, zinc and vitamin C tablets. 

The first time I was having breathing problems and the typical dry cough with the loss of smell. I took the vitamins and ate raw vegetables and fruit and drunk only water to deal with it and build up my immune system. The second time around I didnt have any symptoms and was a symptomatic.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(07-24-2021, 06:40 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 09:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: If you've had it, you should be less likely to get it in the future, and also not as likely to get the serious version. When you had it the second time, was it better or worse?

Thats what im hoping my immune system has built of a defense so that if I do catch this new strain I can handle it. Ive stocked up on turmeric, zinc and vitamin C tablets. 

The first time I was having breathing problems and the typical dry cough with the loss of smell. I took the vitamins and ate raw vegetables and fruit and drunk only water to deal with it and build up my immune system. The second time around I didnt have any symptoms and was a symptomatic.

If you had no symptoms how did you discover you had it again? Follow up visit or something else?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-24-2021, 06:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 06:40 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Thats what im hoping my immune system has built of a defense so that if I do catch this new strain I can handle it. Ive stocked up on turmeric, zinc and vitamin C tablets. 

If you had no symptoms how did you discover you had it again? Follow up visit or something else?

It was for a follow up visit with my pcp. Since I had tested positive within a 6-8 month period, they required I be tested again. I was annoyed at first because the rule make no sense, but this was regarding bloodwork for a physical so I took it.

(07-24-2021, 06:55 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 06:45 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you had no symptoms how did you discover you had it again? Follow up visit or something else?

It was for a follow up visit with my pcp. Since I had tested positive within a 6-8 month period, they required I be tested again. I was annoyed at first because the rule make no sense, but this was regarding bloodwork for a physical so I took it.

Did you get a negative test after that? Get any guidance on quarantine or anything? Reinfection is still pretty rare even now.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-23-2021, 09:33 PM)Jags Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 06:42 PM)copycat Wrote: Well I caved today.  I could not take anymore badgering from the wife.  I still think this is way overhyped, over sensationalized and way too politicized.

I caved too last weekend.  My brother is vaccinated, mainly because he had to for work.  My elderly parents are bothe vaccinated.  My wife got vaccinated at work.  Had a Dr appointment and got hounded by her as well as motivated not to die from all my bad habits.  I’m due for my second one early August.  If that shot kills me, so help me God.  I’ll haunt every last one of them.

That is exactly what I told everyone that hounded me.  Lol
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2021, 08:56 AM by americus 2.0.)

I tested positive for the virus. Started out feeling like a sinus infection last Monday. By Wednesday it felt like something more and went to get tested yesterday. Symptoms are sinus pressure to the max, swollen and watery eyes, sore throat, fatigue, nasty headache, food tastes weird. No fever and have never had a sense of smell so that's not an indicator for me.

Definitely feel like crap.

ETA: also the barking cough. I laugh every time I say that because it sounds funny.

Also, light and noise sensitivity. Big time.

(07-24-2021, 06:40 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 09:42 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: If you've had it, you should be less likely to get it in the future, and also not as likely to get the serious version. When you had it the second time, was it better or worse?

Good to hear. That seems in line with the data. New study out of Israel seems to confirm that natural immunity is superior to the vaccine. I was just curious if your experience seemed to follow what the science is actually suggesting.

Btw, Don't forget Vitamin D. I'm not a doctor, so I'm not trying to give any medical advice, but I think it's pretty well known that Vit D reduces the severity of this disease.

(07-24-2021, 08:50 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I tested positive for the virus. Started out feeling like a sinus infection last Monday. By Wednesday it felt like something more and went to get tested yesterday. Symptoms are sinus pressure to the max, swollen and watery eyes, sore throat, fatigue, nasty headache, food tastes weird. No fever and have never had a sense of smell so that's not an indicator for me.

ETA: also the barking cough. I laugh every time I say that because it sounds funny.

Hang in there. 

Have you been vaccinated?

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2021, 10:00 AM by mal234.)

(07-18-2021, 01:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 01:06 PM)copycat Wrote: But again you still have not explained the why!   The vaccine does not prevent transmission of the virus but lessens the reaction should you get it.  Ergo, simple logic tells me if the vaccine does NOT prevent transmission of the virus WHO am I putting at risk besides ME?  

All I ask is if the above is true and that is my understanding then why the totalitarian effort by the federal government to get a vaccine?  Sixteen months after the shutdown and I have not heard a valid explanation (at least to me) as to why the vaccine is the end all be all if it does not kill the virus or at the very least prevent infection.  I am not anti-vax, heck with my medical history I am a prime candidate to get the vaccine but when I step back none of this is logical.

Sure, here's a good article that outlines the answers to your questions. Basically being vaccinated means that you won't get really sick and that you most likely will not transmit the virus in the event that you contract it. This is not different than any other vaccine, it is exactly the same with polio, measles, rubella, the flu, and every other vaccine preventable disease, but people have this idea that it's different here when it's not. What's different here is that this incredibly infectious little bugger still has a tremendously large pool of targets because half the people refuse to take the shot. The numbers are irrefutable, 98% of Covid hospitalizations today are unvaccinated people; wouldn't it be better if those people were instead vaccinated and only 2% of them had to be hospitalized? This third surge, what's being called "The Un-Vaxxed Surge" is going to continue into September and we are going to spend millions of dollars hospitalizing people who could've avoided it just by getting the shot.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/i...ctiveness-

Yeah, people are already racking up massive medical bills. I read a story recently about two young men who were unvaccinated. One of them had to get a double lung transplant and was rushed to the top of the list after he came down with a serious case of COVID, after he went to an indoor concert. He refused to be vaccinated even after his mother talked with him about it. She said he didn't want to take it and wanted to wait like "Ten Years" to get. Well, he came down with a bad case and has huge bills and had to do a go fund me to help pay for his bills. 

That could have been avoided if he had taken the vaccination. The other young man also came down with COVID, and may have to do a lung transplant as well. I do think that the second young man situation is a bit more sympathetic, he's from Canada, and only had a like a week eligibility to get the shot when he came down with it. He also got his from work after someone threw a party at the restaurant he works at. 

Either way, both of them and other unvaccinated people are going to rack up these massive medical bills, that could have been avoided had they taken the vaccine.

I'm also seeing a bunch of stories of other unvaccinated people saying they regret not taking the shot after they and/or loved ones end up in the hospital/die from it. 

'Horrific': 2 unvaccinated Covid patients require lung transplant, partial lung removal (nbcnews.com)

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2021, 10:59 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(07-24-2021, 07:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 06:55 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: It was for a follow up visit with my pcp. Since I had tested positive within a 6-8 month period, they required I be tested again. I was annoyed at first because the rule make no sense, but this was regarding bloodwork for a physical so I took it.

Did you get a negative test after that? Get any guidance on quarantine or anything? Reinfection is still pretty rare even now.
 After I tested positive in February before my physical I had to quarantine the 2 weeks then get retested twice to rule out any false positives which both were negative.

(07-24-2021, 08:50 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I tested positive for the virus. Started out feeling like a sinus infection last Monday. By Wednesday it felt like something more and went to get tested yesterday. Symptoms are sinus pressure to the max, swollen and watery eyes, sore throat, fatigue, nasty headache, food tastes weird. No fever and have never had a sense of smell so that's not an indicator for me.

I will be saying a prayer for you.

(07-24-2021, 08:51 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 06:40 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Thats what im hoping my immune system has built of a defense so that if I do catch this new strain I can handle it. Ive stocked up on turmeric, zinc and vitamin C tablets. 

Good to hear. That seems in line with the data. New study out of Israel seems to confirm that natural immunity is superior to the vaccine. I was just curious if your experience seemed to follow what the science is actually suggesting.

Btw, Don't forget Vitamin D. I'm not a doctor, so I'm not trying to give any medical advice, but I think it's pretty well known that Vit D reduces the severity of this disease.

Yeah forgot to mention vitamin D which I take the tablets for and go outside at dawn and dusk when its cooler. I dont want to drink orange juice since it will make me gassy and give indigestion.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2021, 11:23 AM by Lucky2Last.)

Of how many? How many cases of Covid are there that we use those 2 examples of something widespread. Of course we are going to have horror stories. That's the nature of disease. What if we did this with the flu? Same story? What if we used that standard for the vaccine? Thousands of people have died within a day of taking it, but we temper those anecdotes, because we are comparing it against the whole. Can you give me data of this compared to the whole? No... because we've stopped measuring it. I believe the vaccine is effective, but there are also other variables. Again, who is being tested? As it pertains to the younger population catching the delta strain, how does that compare to the elderly population in that area who are vaccinated? Are we comparing the rate of infection in younger people to the old rate of infection in younger people, or are we comparing numbers to the rate of young people to the vaccinated (not sure if that makes sense).

There are so many inconsistencies with our process that it's hard to make sense of it all. My dad runs a senior citizen facility. Literally every single person there has been vaccinated. When one of them gets sick, they don't even test for Covid. How do we know what's true if that's a common protocol? I am not saying that's standard, but they are getting their marching orders from somewhere, right? What other medical centers aren't testing the vaccinated? How can we adequately compare. This isn't even getting into the issue of the biodistribution of the vaccine, which was largely skipped.

Also, question for FSG, what studies have been done that adequately measure the transmissibility of Covid after getting vaccinated? Did we ever nail down the transmissibility rate of the disease itself? Only 20% of people on the Diamond Princess cruise ship contracted the virus after MONTHS at sea, sharing the same, recycled air in close quarters. The data is replicated on military ships where they had break outs. It's rarely even transmitted in the same household. We know that many people have a natural t-cell immunity to the virus. What role does that play in spreading the disease?

Ultimately, and this is the big thing for me, I am concerned at the long-term effects, which is also something that was skipped. I get that Covid presents a real threat to some people, but we are treating it like humans never got sick before. Under 50, this thing is almost exactly like the flu. I am 100% positive we could have had flu stories like this pre-pandemic, but nobody would care. Until I see the death rate track back up (not the slight bump we are currently seeing), and especially in younger patients, I think most of this fear-based reactions.

There are so many moving pieces to this story, and it feels like the "science" keeps coming down on the side of profit and power. The journalism, at the very least, primarily favors one side of the scientific debate, which is a whole other problem. We are politically pressuring the scientific community to refrain from dissent. People literally feel like their careers are on the line if they speak out about anything, and that's been true on more than one occasion. In fact, most dissent we are seeing is coming out of Europe and Israel. I hate to say it, but political correctness is ruining science in America.

(07-24-2021, 10:56 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Yeah forgot to mention vitamin D which I take the tablets for and go outside at dawn and dusk when its cooler. I dont want to drink orange juice since it will make me gassy and give indigestion.

Don’t forget to include vitamin K with the vitamin d. It’s much better for you to take them together. You can find them in a combo form. I use it in the oil form in my morning smoothie everyday, don’t even know it’s in there.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vit...-vitamin-k

I hope you kick its butt fast! Does this mean your husband has it too, since he was sick first?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

That was a flow-of-consciousness type of rant, so I'm sure some of these questions I asked may have answers that I either haven't seen or forgotten about. if you have answers for some of those questions, I'm all about looking into the data, but keep in mind, that I'm primarily objecting to the process by which we are discovering information and way that information is then being manipulated to fit a narrative while suppressing scientific dissent.

I'm just wondering how many of us already had covid and just didn't know it. Some of us get sick at least once a year with a sinus infection, cold or flu, and was that one time, covid?

I get a sinus infection once a year like clockwork. Already had it and I remember having flu like symptoms with it this time. Did my normal thing and took the sudafed, nyquil, juice and vitamins. Felt better after a couple of days and life went on.

I do take a centrum silver, baby aspirin and an ensure (partially because I'm not a breakfast or lunch eater) everyday. If I did have covid, could be the reason why it wasn't as severe.. idk..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(07-24-2021, 09:03 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:

Hang in there. 

Have you been vaccinated?

Thank you! No, not vaccinated. I have pretty negative reactions to vaccines so I didn't feel comfortable with getting this one, especially with the unknown regarding side effects. And no, given how bad I feel I wouldn't go back in time and get vaccinated. As craptastic as I feel it's all normal and expected for this illness. 

My mom had some really strange side effects after her vaccine shot and was put on several antibiotics and other meds she never needed to take while they were trying to figure it out. All of that messed her up for awhile.

(07-24-2021, 11:26 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 10:56 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Yeah forgot to mention vitamin D which I take the tablets for and go outside at dawn and dusk when its cooler. I dont want to drink orange juice since it will make me gassy and give indigestion.

Don’t forget to include vitamin K with the vitamin d. It’s much better for you to take them together. You can find them in a combo form. I use it in the oil form in my morning smoothie everyday, don’t even know it’s in there.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/vit...-vitamin-k

I hope you kick its butt fast! Does this mean your husband has it too, since he was sick first?

He actually tested negative and he didn't get super sick. It felt like a sinus infection for him. But he's wondering now if he had it and didn't have major problems and possibly tested too early. Because I tested positive his employer is requiring him to be tested again today and can't go to work tonight since results won't be back until tomorrow.

The crazy thing about this is he is super susceptible to everything and I'm not, so if he had it but didn't affect him hardly at all, and it has stopped me in my tracks....that's just crazy. It goes to show just how weird this thing really is.