Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

I'm now back to full time WFH. No more office visits unless masked up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-02-2021, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm now back to full time WFH. No more office visits unless masked up.

I got back to the office for a week next week. You have to wear a mask unless you got the jab.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-02-2021, 11:47 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 11:16 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm now back to full time WFH. No more office visits unless masked up.

I got back to the office for a week next week. You have to wear a mask unless you got the jab.

That's what we've been doing the last couple of months, but now we're back to square one.

This seemed appropriate here:

https://babylonbee.com/news/government-p...-on-terror

(08-02-2021, 12:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 11:47 AM)Dimson Wrote: I got back to the office for a week next week. You have to wear a mask unless you got the jab.

That's what we've been doing the last couple of months, but now we're back to square one.

I hope we do the same. But our CEO loves everyone being in the office.

(08-02-2021, 01:30 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 12:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: That's what we've been doing the last couple of months, but now we're back to square one.

I hope we do the same. But our CEO loves everyone being in the office.

Mostly out of his own personal laziness of not wanting to go through an extra step of contacting someone.

My company is saving big bucks on energy costs with most everyone WFH or on a hybrid schedule. I see it being a permanent thing.

(08-02-2021, 01:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My company is saving big bucks on energy costs with most everyone WFH or on a hybrid schedule. I see it being a permanent thing.

The new York elitists aren't a fan of this at all. I think the Citibank CEO hated this and will now hate it even more lol.

I can see the argument thought. We can't pay you NYC cost of living prices if you are living and working  in Ocala, FL.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2021, 01:52 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(08-02-2021, 01:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 01:39 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My company is saving big bucks on energy costs with most everyone WFH or on a hybrid schedule. I see it being a permanent thing.

The new York elitists aren't a fan of this at all. I think the Citibank CEO hated this and will now hate it even more lol.

I can see the argument thought. We can't pay you NYC cost of living prices if you are living and working  in Ocala, FL.

I never thought of that.. but you're right.

These elite NYC firms will start getting rid of their 6-7 figure employees and hire people in other states of the same skillset for far less money. Their profits expand and the product actually gets better because they can get an ACTUAL midwestern point of view instead of assuming what they want or think.

(08-02-2021, 01:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I’m interested to see how this all shakes out for NYC because working there was always a lifestyle thing for young professionals. They could make big deals in the day time and hob knob in the swanky joints with all the cool people in the evening. But DeBlasio is letting the place go to hell. Living and working in NYC isn’t the badge of honor it used to be.

(08-02-2021, 11:13 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 09:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Or it could be that the RCT for Ivermectin was fabricated.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021...l-concerns

On the other hand, it took me about 5 minutes to find multiple completed and ongoing studies of Ivermectin, so maybe you've made some unfounded assumptions?

C'mon, dude. You should know better than that. Even if that study is faked, there are multiple studies that suggest otherwise. Not at a rate of 90%, but the more common and reliable answer is reduced mortality by 60%. Some of them have been peer reviewed. And, yes, I get that there are other studies that contradict that, but you missed my point.

The point is that no major "neutral" organization is even putting any research into it. And, the drug company that made it is the main company that's pushing back against it, because theylost their patent. Instead, they are actively trying to make a similar drug that does the same thing, but is different enough to patent. What are the odds that that one will treat covid? I bet it's pretty high.

I don't care if it is or isn't effective. I care that policy is once again clearly moving in the direction of profit. The same thing happened with Hydroxychloroquine. Politicized, then shut down for profit, then reluctantly admitting it has some effectiveness as a prophylactic, despite all of the studies that came out against it early on.

Maybe this will help?

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.n.../table-2c/

As I've maintained, IVM might have a role to play in therapeutics and the studies continue to see if that's so, but for now there's not enough evidence to pass it. That's a far cry from "they're ignoring this medical miracle because there's no money to be made on it."

And HCQ was never shown to be of benefit. Study review: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-22446-z#Sec3
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Saw an interesting discussion on why the vaccine works initially but then ends up hurting you in the long run. Won't post it here since I can't verify any of the source info but basically comes down to the 2 proteins involved. The 2nd one is handled by the vaccine and kills it but the other one is consumed but then doesn't die like they normally should in 24 hours - 1 week. As you are exposed in the future, you continue to create more and more of these rogue things in your body and too many will kill you.

(08-02-2021, 02:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Saw an interesting discussion on why the vaccine works initially but then ends up hurting you in the long run. Won't post it here since I can't verify any of the source info but basically comes down to the 2 proteins involved. The 2nd one is handled by the vaccine and kills it but the other one is consumed but then doesn't die like they normally should in 24 hours - 1 week. As you are exposed in the future, you continue to create more and more of these rogue things in your body and too many will kill you.

Hopefully some hot chicks didn't get vaccinated.  It will be up to us to repopulate the Earth.

(08-02-2021, 02:17 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Saw an interesting discussion on why the vaccine works initially but then ends up hurting you in the long run. Won't post it here since I can't verify any of the source info but basically comes down to the 2 proteins involved. The 2nd one is handled by the vaccine and kills it but the other one is consumed but then doesn't die like they normally should in 24 hours - 1 week. As you are exposed in the future, you continue to create more and more of these rogue things in your body and too many will kill you.

It's interesting since spike proteins are not toxic, so I wonder how these folks came to that conclusion? Was it Byram Bridle or someone else?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2021, 02:29 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(08-02-2021, 02:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

It's interesting since spike proteins are not toxic, so I wonder how these folks came to that conclusion? Was it Byram Bridle or someone else?

If the body doesn't know how to get rid of it using the lymphatic system?

Could they build up on organs, veins, arteries..... ? Do we know?

(08-02-2021, 02:29 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 02:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It's interesting since spike proteins are not toxic, so I wonder how these folks came to that conclusion? Was it Byram Bridle or someone else?

If the body doesn't know how to get rid of it using the lymphatic system?

Based on information from the Infectious Disease Society of America the proteins last the same as any other in the body and that's a few weeks tops. I'm not sure where these folks get the idea that "the body doesn't know how to get rid of it"?

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2021, 02:42 PM by TrivialPursuit. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-02-2021, 02:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 02:29 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: If the body doesn't know how to get rid of it using the lymphatic system?

Based on information from the Infectious Disease Society of America the proteins last the same as any other in the body and that's a few weeks tops. I'm not sure where these folks get the idea that "the body doesn't know how to get rid of it"?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just playing Devil's Advocate - I hadn't heard anything about one of the proteins lingering.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-377989296609

There's a lot more in the article talking about what was said and why it is false, but:

"In the radio interview, Bridle mentions a study of 13 health care workers that he said confirmed that the spike in protein was found in their blood. But experts say they found nothing of concern from that same study, which was conducted by researchers at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and appeared in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases in May.

Bridle left out key details of the study, which relied on an ultrasensitive detection tool, said Matchett, of University of Minnesota.

“The spike became undetectable by 14 days after the first dose of the vaccine,” Matchett said of the study. “After the second dose, they could not detect the spike protein in the blood of any of the participants because the participants had all generated anti-spike antibodies.”

Bridle also mentioned a Japanese study to support his claims about the spike protein. But the study, which is written in Japanese, does not look at spike proteins from the vaccine, Matchett said.

Bridle did not respond to requests for comment from The Associated Press. An auto-reply email from his account said that a more comprehensive report on his comments would soon be published.

“My answer to the question posed by the host was objective and founded on multiple reliable scientific sources,” he said in the auto-reply."

(08-02-2021, 02:41 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(08-02-2021, 02:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Based on information from the Infectious Disease Society of America the proteins last the same as any other in the body and that's a few weeks tops. I'm not sure where these folks get the idea that "the body doesn't know how to get rid of it"?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just playing Devil's Advocate - I hadn't heard anything about one of the proteins lingering.

I did, I read an article that someone was "finding" the proteins in large quantities in various organs. That's part of where the infertility thing came from, but it was subsequently ruled out. Then this about the "second protein" that I hadn't really heard. It's like people are throwing stuff at the wall to get a click.

Wouldn't it be crazy if the vaccine made this situation worse? Like it created a super variant? That would be nuts.