Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Marley, there are people who can't take the vaccine. All Americus is saying is that she's had adverse affects from vaccines before, and it's in her best interest not to take them. This has been an acceptable practice even before Covid. One of the reasons they wanted all healthcare professionals to take the vaccine was because they recognized that some people can't take it. When people are putting out vaccine passports or jobs are requiring it, it is going to disenfranchise a very small portion of the population who literally can not take it without a high chance of dying. How is that fair to the people who's immune system don't respond well to vaccines?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thank you L2L. I'm not sure how many ways it has to be said to be understood.

(08-29-2021, 12:15 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Marley, there are people who can't take the vaccine. All Americus is saying is that she's had adverse affects from vaccines before, and it's in her best interest not to take them. This has been an acceptable practice even before Covid. One of the reasons they wanted all healthcare professionals to take the vaccine was because they recognized that some people can't take it. When people are putting out vaccine passports or jobs are requiring it, it is going to disenfranchise a very small portion of the population who literally can not take it without a high chance of dying. How is that fair to the people who's immune system don't respond well to vaccines?

(08-29-2021, 01:05 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thank you L2L. I'm not sure how many ways it has to be said to be understood.

So then you get your doctor's letter saying why you can't get the vac (just like we used to do back in the day for school for whatever cause etc etc) and also make sure you're always wearing your mask since your immune system is weaker.

OR you could take the vaccine yourself, then shut the [BLEEP] up.

(08-29-2021, 07:30 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: OR you could take the vaccine yourself, then shut the [BLEEP] up.

That's not helpful.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Sorry dude. This thing doesn't do what people think it does. I grow tired of folks getting so dogmatic about this whole thing. This vaccine is not like the ones you have to take to go to school.

(08-29-2021, 02:16 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 12:15 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Marley, there are people who can't take the vaccine. All Americus is saying is that she's had adverse affects from vaccines before, and it's in her best interest not to take them. This has been an acceptable practice even before Covid. One of the reasons they wanted all healthcare professionals to take the vaccine was because they recognized that some people can't take it. When people are putting out vaccine passports or jobs are requiring it, it is going to disenfranchise a very small portion of the population who literally can not take it without a high chance of dying. How is that fair to the people who's immune system don't respond well to vaccines?

(08-29-2021, 01:05 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thank you L2L. I'm not sure how many ways it has to be said to be understood.

So then you get your doctor's letter saying why you can't get the vac (just like we used to do back in the day for school for whatever cause etc etc) and also make sure you're always wearing your mask since your immune system is weaker.
You think doctors are allowed to do that? Basically no doctors are allowed to put that in writing. If they do, they risk losing license and the association groups will black ball them.

When heart patients or people on the transplant list are being told to get it, you know doctors have no say and are just following the government. Clotting is a big issue for people with heart issues and having a transplant needs to not have an immune system going crazy already.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(08-29-2021, 07:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 07:30 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: OR you could take the vaccine yourself, then shut the [BLEEP] up.

That's not helpful.

Then pray tell what is? Because I am sick and tired of the BS.

(08-29-2021, 12:08 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 07:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: That's not helpful.

Then pray tell what is? Because I am sick and tired of the BS.

You think I'm not? You don't think the massive disinformation going on around here from kooks like RFK Jr and Alex Jones and Mike Adams that show up in the postings of Ronster and P-Rush and the like aren't tiresome? L2L and I disagree but the disagreement is in good faith. Discussion is what is helpful, not accusations and all the political nonsense going on, but some people are so convinced that everyone hates them and wants them to die that they must ignore reality in order to satisfy their fantasies.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/vin...PWXc5vL3YY

Interesting opinion piece. I feel the same way as this guy, but I'd extend his caution to the regular vaccine for people under 50. Every single policy that comes out has the appearance of benefitting the vaccine companies. I don't like it.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2021, 03:31 PM by StroudCrowd1. Edited 1 time in total.)

(08-29-2021, 03:25 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/vin...PWXc5vL3YY

Interesting opinion piece. I feel the same way as this guy, but I'd extend his caution to the regular vaccine for people under 50. Every single policy that comes out has the appearance of benefitting the vaccine companies. I don't like it.

Government needs to keep this coffers open for big pharma.

It will be interesting to see how the vaxxed respond to the call for boosters every 5 months.

(08-29-2021, 03:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 03:25 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/vin...PWXc5vL3YY

It will be interesting to see how the vaxxed respond to the call for boosters every 5 months.

Eight months. Not five.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...-shot.html

Most of us will simply respond by getting the booster - especially if variants continue to emerge.
The thing that seems to get lost around here is that the vaccines have an immense amount of approval and the vast majority of experts globally believe them to be safe. So - it's not a difficult decision for those without a medical condition adverse to vaccination.

You'll need a booster at 8 months. Whether another is eventually needed is up for debate but it's important to understand the difference between a booster and a vaccination. People get flu vaccines every year and don't whine about it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Being a "vaxxed" person myself I'm not in a big hurry to get another shot... yet I've seen 2 people in my personal life succumb to this virus.  One was a man near my age (late 50's early 60's) and a mother of three young children only 40 years of age.

This virus is no joke and is not "just the flu" as I and many others thought.

I also know of one person in their 20's that is having serious problems supposedly due to the vaccine.  It's not clear if he had other health problems prior to the vaccine, but he is experiencing serious heart problems right now.

I'm just not so sure that I want to get a booster right now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-29-2021, 04:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 03:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Government needs to keep this coffers open for big pharma.

Being a "vaxxed" person myself I'm not in a big hurry to get another shot... yet I've seen 2 people in my personal life succumb to this virus.  One was a man near my age (late 50's early 60's) and a mother of three young children only 40 years of age.

This virus is no joke and is not "just the flu" as I and many others thought.

I also know of one person in their 20's that is having serious problems supposedly due to the vaccine.  It's not clear if he had other health problems prior to the vaccine, but he is experiencing serious heart problems right now.

I'm just not so sure that I want to get a booster right now.

But if you don't continue to get the booster vaccine, then you not only exposed yourself to the potential risk of the vaccine, but now to the virus itself all over again, correct? 

I am sorry for your personal losses. There seems to be a disconnect to the mortality rate of the virus versus the personal stories I hear like yours and countless others. I am curious what the mortality rate actually is % wise,  specifically by age group.

(08-29-2021, 04:15 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 03:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Government needs to keep this coffers open for big pharma.

You'll need a booster at 8 months. Whether another is eventually needed is up for debate but it's important to understand the difference between a booster and a vaccination. People get flu vaccines every year and don't whine about it.

Working in an industry where flu shots are mandatory I can tell you unequivocally that many people do in fact whine about it.

(08-29-2021, 04:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 04:15 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: You'll need a booster at 8 months. Whether another is eventually needed is up for debate but it's important to understand the difference between a booster and a vaccination. People get flu vaccines every year and don't whine about it.

Working in an industry where flu shots are mandatory I can tell you unequivocally that many people do in fact whine about it.

As a military veteran who never had a choice about vaccinations, my inclination would be to tell them to "toughen up buttercup".

(08-28-2021, 06:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 12:52 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Because not everything is about you believe it or not. Nobody is asking you to risk your life to take responsibility for your choices.

WTH does that even mean?

It means if you REALLY can't get the shot, wear a [BLEEP] mask and practice social distancing.

PS: wear a mask indoors in public regardless.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2021, 06:10 PM by americus 2.0.)

(08-29-2021, 12:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 12:08 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Then pray tell what is? Because I am sick and tired of the BS.

You think I'm not? You don't think the massive disinformation going on around here from kooks like RFK Jr and Alex Jones and Mike Adams that show up in the postings of Ronster and P-Rush and the like aren't tiresome? L2L and I disagree but the disagreement is in good faith. Discussion is what is helpful, not accusations and all the political nonsense going on, but some people are so convinced that everyone hates them and wants them to die that they must ignore reality in order to satisfy their fantasies.

I'm sick and tired of people berating me for making my health a priority because it doesn't fit with the status quo. The status quo and everyone demanding people like me to get a vaccine that would do more harm than good can kiss my [BLEEP]. 

I got Covid a month ago and survived it just fine. I did my due diligence and stayed home for at least 12 days. When I started to go out and about again I wore a mask just to be sure. 

Misinformation is definitely a problem, but not all of those not getting vaccinated can be attributed to misinformation. People need to accept that and leave it alone.

(08-29-2021, 05:23 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 06:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: WTH does that even mean?

It means if you REALLY can't get the shot, wear a [BLEEP] mask and practice social distancing.

PS: wear a mask indoors in public regardless.

I know what to do so leave me the [BLEEP] alone about the vaccine. I'm not a [BLEEP] moron.

REALLY.

The Secretary of Education under Obama:

https://twitter.com/arneduncan/status/14...00612?s=20