Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(08-31-2021, 06:14 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 06:04 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v5VrpgXPm4

Not a bombshell, but you know... headlines.

Ill take my natural immunity over the poison.

I'll take "False Dichotomy" for $200 Alex Ken Mike Mayim!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This guy is a moron. 

Link

(08-31-2021, 09:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This guy is a moron. 

Link

How stupid do people have to be to not see this has nothing to do with a vaccine. Even the CDC and "science" all say you aren't vaccinated until 2 weeks after your shot. They count you as unvaccinated if you die in those 2 weeks.

(08-31-2021, 10:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 09:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This guy is a moron. 

Link

How stupid do people have to be to not see this has nothing to do with a vaccine. Even the CDC and "science" all say you aren't vaccinated until 2 weeks after your shot. They count you as unvaccinated if you die in those 2 weeks.

I'm not going to comment on the veracity of the NY Post. That's been well documented. I did listen to the video in the link and De Blasio never says what the article claims he said. Never even comes close.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-01-2021, 09:01 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 10:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote: How stupid do people have to be to not see this has nothing to do with a vaccine. Even the CDC and "science" all say you aren't vaccinated until 2 weeks after your shot. They count you as unvaccinated if you die in those 2 weeks.

I'm not going to comment on the veracity of the NY Post. That's been well documented. I did listen to the video in the link and De Blasio never says what the article claims he said. Never even comes close.

I believe the first shot allows you to dine in restaurants.  The only reason I say this is because my boss has a meeting in NYC next week with a big dinner with a bunch of investors the night before. At that time, she will still have only had her first shot and based on her research concluded she'd be good to dine.

(09-01-2021, 09:11 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 09:01 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: I'm not going to comment on the veracity of the NY Post. That's been well documented. I did listen to the video in the link and De Blasio never says what the article claims he said. Never even comes close.

I believe the first shot allows you to dine in restaurants.  The only reason I say this is because my boss has a meeting in NYC next week with a big dinner with a bunch of investors the night before. At that time, she will still have only had her first shot and based on her research concluded she'd be good to dine.

It's possible. It's being reported by other outlets. The video doesn't capture De Blasio saying that though. Specifically he said (among other things) that "If you want to participate in our society fully, you've got to get vaccinated, it's time".

NYC is the first city to have this requirement at all.

Here's the text of the order. Yes it's stupid in the sense that it doesn't make sense to mandate proof of vaccination without having the second dose of the two dose vaccines. I guess the idea is to jump start people who've been reluctant.

https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-mayor...-order-225

“Proof of vaccination” means proof of receipt of at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use or licensed for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization. Such proof may be established by:

A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card or an official immunization record from the jurisdiction, state, or country where the vaccine was administered or a digital or physical photo of such a card or record, reflecting the person’s name, vaccine brand, and date administered; or

A New York City COVID Safe Pass (available to download on Apple and Android smartphone devices); or

A New York State Excelsior Pass.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2021, 10:43 AM by Ronster. Edited 2 times in total.)

West Virginia Governor Jim Justice

‘We have seen a 25% increase in deaths of people who are fully vaccinated over the last 8 weeks’

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone who has received their Vaccine can not donate convalescent plasma to other Covid patients.
The Vaccine wipes out natural Covid antibodies making the convalescent plasma ineffective for treatment.

Once people are vaccinated, they cannot donate plasma. The vaccine causes spike antibodies, and for convalescent plasma, they need nucleocapsid antibodies.

RED CROSS WEBSITE

Due to the decline in hospital demand and because the Red Cross and our industry partners have been able to build a sufficient supply of convalescent plasma to meet the foreseeable needs of COVID-19 patients the Red Cross stopped collecting convalescent plasma completely on June 14.

Notice how the Red Cross does NOT deny that the vaccine wipes out natural antibodies in those who have had the vaccine, but instead they tell you the claim is not “accurate” because they have stopped accepting plasma since enough plasma has already been collected and they don’t need anymore.

This is highly deceptive language which will deflect the truth from anyone not paying close attention to the parsing. The questions directly above this one in the Q and A tell you straight up that the plasma is different and …. WAIT FOR IT …. that only the plasma from the UNVACCINATED meets their requirements:

“One of the Red Cross requirements for plasma from routine blood and platelet donations that test positive for high-levels of antibodies to be used as convalescent plasma is that it must be from a donor that has not received a COVID-19 vaccine. This is to ensure that antibodies collected from donors have sufficient antibodies directly related to their immune response to a COVID-19 infection and not just the vaccine, as antibodies from an infection and antibodies from a vaccine are not the same.”

[Image: covid-vaccine-virus-meme.jpg]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-01-2021, 10:39 AM)Ronster Wrote: West Virginia Governor Jim Justice
‘We have seen a 25% increase in deaths of people who are fully vaccinated over the last 8 weeks’

[various paranoid conspiracy theories snipped]

To be accurate, there has been a 25% increase in breakthrough cases and a 25% increase in death in those cases. The actual number of breakthrough deaths in West Virginia is about .007% of those vaccinated. In the same time period, TOTAL active cases have increased 10 fold, so to have only a 25% increase in breakthrough cases actually proves how effective the vaccine has been.

Get the shot.

(09-01-2021, 10:58 AM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 10:39 AM)Ronster Wrote: West Virginia Governor Jim Justice

[various paranoid conspiracy theories snipped]

To be accurate, there has been a 25% increase in breakthrough cases and a 25% increase in death in those cases. The actual number of breakthrough deaths in West Virginia is about .007% of those vaccinated. In the same time period, TOTAL active cases have increased 10 fold, so to have only a 25% increase in breakthrough cases actually proves how effective the vaccine has been.

Get the shot.

That is NOT what he is saying. Here, hear it from horses mouth. 

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/we...accinated/
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Yeah, the vaccine is working for now (even though I am still concerned about it failing in the future). I wish the conspiracy guys would let that rest. That said, I agree that .007% is a small number. Especially when we are only comparing that to a subset of the population. So, if we aren't worried about that, why are we so concerned about the .0001% under 50 that are dying in the US? This virus is not deadly to young people, especially when you consider that it's literally the first wave of it. I said this 100 pages ago that I think this will ultimately be less deadly than the flu once everyone has built an immunity to it. I predicted by year 3, everyone's immune system would have the recipe for beating this thing, and they would carry that into their elderly years, ultimately reducing the risk of death to something very manageable. I still think we are on track to do that with or without a vaccine. Natural immunity is proving to be superior.

(09-01-2021, 11:42 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah, the vaccine is working for now (even though I am still concerned about it failing in the future). I wish the conspiracy guys would let that rest. That said, I agree that .007% is a small number. Especially when we are only comparing that to a subset of the population. So, if we aren't worried about that, why are we so concerned about the .0001% under 50 that are dying in the US? This virus is not deadly to young people, especially when you consider that it's literally the first wave of it. I said this 100 pages ago that I think this will ultimately be less deadly than the flu once everyone has built an immunity to it. I predicted by year 3, everyone's immune system would have the recipe for beating this thing, and they would carry that into their elderly years, ultimately reducing the risk of death to something very manageable. I still think we are on track to do that with or without a vaccine. Natural immunity is proving to be superior.

That number is INCORRECT..

(09-01-2021, 11:25 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 10:58 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: To be accurate, there has been a 25% increase in breakthrough cases and a 25% increase in death in those cases. The actual number of breakthrough deaths in West Virginia is about .007% of those vaccinated. In the same time period, TOTAL active cases have increased 10 fold, so to have only a 25% increase in breakthrough cases actually proves how effective the vaccine has been.

Get the shot.

Ronster, no offense, dude... but who cares what that old quack is saying. It's not uncommon for a doddering old politician to not understand what they are talking about. You have to find some way to get grounded, because there is WAY too much information available to us to spin in any direction we want. All it takes is someone capable to capitalize off other's mistakes.

(09-01-2021, 11:25 AM)Ronster Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 10:58 AM)MarleyJag Wrote: To be accurate, there has been a 25% increase in breakthrough cases and a 25% increase in death in those cases. The actual number of breakthrough deaths in West Virginia is about .007% of those vaccinated. In the same time period, TOTAL active cases have increased 10 fold, so to have only a 25% increase in breakthrough cases actually proves how effective the vaccine has been.

Get the shot.

That actually IS what he's saying although it sounded like it pained him to say it. Here's the transcript.

"Ima give you a few stats right now of what's going on in West Virginia. West Virginia is seeing a 26% increase in cases of people who are fully vaccinated over the last 8 weeks. 21% increase in breakthrough cases for hospitalizations.  We are also seeing a 25% increase in deaths of people fully vaccinated. Now that's an increase in total of..of...of...the total number or whatever...that's a total increase in the number of deaths in the last 8 weeks."

I said 25% increase in breakthrough cases, he said 26% but I think he was wrong about that based on the WV DHHR website.

The total number of breakthrough cases in WV is about 5377. That's less than 1% of people vaccinated (about .59 percent to be exact).

The total number of breakthrough deaths (i.e. people that have taken the vaccine and later died from Covid) rose from 55 to 74.  The number of active cases in the state has gone up 10 fold in that time frame so that's understandable. Bottom line is the percentage of vaccinated people in WV who have died from the virus is about .007 to .008 percent. 

Here's the West Virginia Dashboard. You can click on breakthrough data to see the numbers.

https://dhhr.wv.gov/covid-19/pages/default.aspx

Get the shot.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2021, 12:14 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

(09-01-2021, 12:07 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 11:25 AM)Ronster Wrote: That is NOT what he is saying. Here, hear it from horses mouth. 

That actually IS what he's saying although it sounded like it pained him to say it. Here's the transcript.

"Ima give you a few stats right now of what's going on in West Virginia. West Virginia is seeing a 26% increase in cases of people who are fully vaccinated over the last 8 weeks. 21% increase in breakthrough cases for hospitalizations.  We are also seeing a 25% increase in deaths of people fully vaccinated. Now that's an increase in total of..of...of...the total number or whatever...that's a total increase in the number of deaths in the last 8 weeks."

I said 25% increase in breakthrough cases, he said 26% but I think he was wrong about that based on the WV DHHR website.

The total number of breakthrough cases in WV is about 5377. That's less than 1% of people vaccinated (about .59 percent to be exact).

The total number of breakthrough deaths (i.e. people that have taken the vaccine and later died from Covid) rose from 55 to 74.  The number of active cases in the state has gone up 10 fold in that time frame so that's understandable. Bottom line is the percentage of vaccinated people in WV who have died from the virus is about .007 to .008 percent. 

Here's the West Virginia Dashboard. You can click on breakthrough data to see the numbers.

Get the shot.

Why you gotta keep telling him to get the shot?  How about quit telling people what to do? Whether he gets the shot or not is up to him, not you.. 

Wonder why this country is so divided and each side loathes each other? There's one of the reasons why. It's his choice..

Ronster, do what you want..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-01-2021, 11:42 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah, the vaccine is working for now (even though I am still concerned about it failing in the future). I wish the conspiracy guys would let that rest. That said, I agree that .007% is a small number. Especially when we are only comparing that to a subset of the population. So, if we aren't worried about that, why are we so concerned about the .0001% under 50 that are dying in the US? This virus is not deadly to young people, especially when you consider that it's literally the first wave of it. I said this 100 pages ago that I think this will ultimately be less deadly than the flu once everyone has built an immunity to it. I predicted by year 3, everyone's immune system would have the recipe for beating this thing, and they would carry that into their elderly years, ultimately reducing the risk of death to something very manageable. I still think we are on track to do that with or without a vaccine. Natural immunity is proving to be superior.

The .007% in WV is of people who've been vaccinated. The percentage of deaths in the infected population is about 1.6% in WV. You can extrapolate that to the rest of the country if you want. The truth is, most people who get it will recover but what about the people you infected with it if you do get it? Like your parents or your grandparents or your siblings or your spouse?

Can anyone provide an update overall mortality rate broken down by age range?

(09-01-2021, 12:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:07 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: That actually IS what he's saying although it sounded like it pained him to say it. Here's the transcript.

Get the shot.

Why you gotta keep telling him to get the shot?  How about quit telling people what to do? Whether he gets the shot or not is up to him, not you.. 

Wonder why this country is so divided and each side loathes each other? There's one of the reasons why. It's his choice..

Because like I told someone else, it's not all about him. If it were, I'd say knock yourself out. Want to go jump in front of a bus? Hey, whatever trips your trigger. But by not getting the shot, he's prolonging the virus which increases the risks of one of my loved ones getting sick and dying. I've already lost people close to me that way. So get the [BLEEP] shot.

(09-01-2021, 12:21 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Why you gotta keep telling him to get the shot?  How about quit telling people what to do? Whether he gets the shot or not is up to him, not you.. 

Because like I told someone else, it's not all about him. If it were, I'd say knock yourself out. Want to go jump in front of a bus? Hey, whatever trips your trigger. But by not getting the shot, he's prolonging the virus which increases the risks of one of my loved ones getting sick and dying. I've already lost people close to me that way. So get the [BLEEP] shot.

It is about him, it's his body, not yours.. [BLEEP] you and your shot  Smile
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-01-2021, 12:21 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Why you gotta keep telling him to get the shot?  How about quit telling people what to do? Whether he gets the shot or not is up to him, not you.. 

If your loved ones are vaccinated, doesn't that pretty much prevent them from dying if they get COVID-19? Isn't that the entire pitch for the vaccine?