Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2021, 12:27 PM by WingerDinger. Edited 1 time in total.)

Next you'll be telling him to not each fast food anymore, to stop smoking or drinking, to stop going to the beach without being completely covered up in sun block.. You're a damn buffoon. You make your masters proud.

If he wants to play roulette with his health choices, that's his business, nobody elses.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-01-2021, 12:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:21 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Because like I told someone else, it's not all about him. If it were, I'd say knock yourself out. Want to go jump in front of a bus? Hey, whatever trips your trigger. But by not getting the shot, he's prolonging the virus which increases the risks of one of my loved ones getting sick and dying. I've already lost people close to me that way. So get the [BLEEP] shot.

It is about him, it's his body, not yours.. [BLEEP] you and your shot  Smile

If you're just being facetious, whatever. It's not his right to endanger anyone else. I'd rather he jump in front of a bus first.

(09-01-2021, 12:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Next you'll be telling him to not each fast food anymore, to stop smoking or drinking, to stop going to the beach without being completely covered up in sun block.. You're a damn buffoon. You make your masters proud.

Wrong, he can do all that. Knock himself out. He can smoke crack for all I care.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-01-2021, 12:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:22 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: It is about him, it's his body, not yours.. [BLEEP] you and your shot  Smile

If you're just being facetious, whatever. It's not his right to endanger anyone else. I'd rather he jump in front of a bus first.

(09-01-2021, 12:26 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Next you'll be telling him to not each fast food anymore, to stop smoking or drinking, to stop going to the beach without being completely covered up in sun block.. You're a damn buffoon. You make your masters proud.

Wrong, he can do all that. Knock himself out. He can smoke crack for all I care.

Then shut the hell up and quit trying to nazi people into your way of thinking..

(09-01-2021, 12:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:21 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Because like I told someone else, it's not all about him. If it were, I'd say knock yourself out. Want to go jump in front of a bus? Hey, whatever trips your trigger. But by not getting the shot, he's prolonging the virus which increases the risks of one of my loved ones getting sick and dying. I've already lost people close to me that way. So get the [BLEEP] shot.

If your loved ones are vaccinated, doesn't that pretty much prevent them from dying if they get COVID-19? Isn't that the entire pitch for the vaccine?

Breakthroughs are still possible. Misinformation is still possible. That's what's happened to the people I knew who didn't make it. If the people they got sick from had been vaccinated they'd probably be alive today. It's not a guarantee but it's likely.

Your bus analogy is terrible, as it would mentally scar the bus driver with PTSD for the remainder of his life, and this is not even including the possibility of the bus driver trying to sweve out of the way and causing additional casualties.

(09-01-2021, 12:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:27 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: If you're just being facetious, whatever. It's not his right to endanger anyone else. I'd rather he jump in front of a bus first.

Then shut the hell up and quit trying to nazi people into your way of thinking..

You don't have the right to cause people harm. That's not being a Nazi that's being a normal human being.

(09-01-2021, 12:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Your bus analogy is terrible, as it would mentally scar the bus driver with PTSD for the remainder of his life, and this is not even including the possibility of the bus driver trying to sweve out of the way and causing additional casualties.

Ok, make up your own analogy then.

This country is so [BLEEP] ridiculous right now with all these anti vaxxers and pro vaxxers.. What everyone needs to do is mind their own [BLEEP] business and keep their ideologies, fear mongering and tribalistic loathing to themselves. This country needs a break..

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2021, 12:37 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(09-01-2021, 12:32 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Then shut the hell up and quit trying to nazi people into your way of thinking..

You don't have the right to cause people harm. That's not being a Nazi that's being a normal human being.

(09-01-2021, 12:31 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Your bus analogy is terrible, as it would mentally scar the bus driver with PTSD for the remainder of his life, and this is not even including the possibility of the bus driver trying to sweve out of the way and causing additional casualties.

I sympathize with your sentiment,  but I also feel you should direct some of your venom at the entirety of the Biden administration, in particular the CDC, FDA, and Tony Fauchi for the partisan, mixed messaging being sent from day one. 

You should understand why people are skeptical and also sympathize with them.

(09-01-2021, 12:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: This country is so [BLEEP] ridiculous right now with all these anti vaxxers and pro vaxxers.. What everyone needs to do is mind their own [BLEEP] business and keep their ideologies, fear mongering and tribalistic loathing to themselves. This country needs a break..

Funny thing is. I'm not even anti vax. I got my flu shot last week.

(09-01-2021, 12:32 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:29 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Then shut the hell up and quit trying to nazi people into your way of thinking..

You don't know his day to day life.. You don't know if he's causing any harm. Are you spying on him everyday, through his bathroom window while he pisses? How about when he runs out to the store for a beer? [BLEEP] off with that garbage.

(09-01-2021, 12:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:32 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: You don't have the right to cause people harm. That's not being a Nazi that's being a normal human being.

I sympathize with your sentiment,  but I also feel you should direct some of your venom at the entirety of the Biden administration, in particular the CDC, FDA, and Tony Fauchi for the partisan, mixed messaging being sent from day one. 

I do reserve some for the the government agencies that have been weak with the messaging. TBH, I don't think any amount of messaging would be a panacea but the seemingly constantly changing info (not even getting into the fake news outlets) doesn't help any. And the "it's only about me" mindset around COVID makes it particularly difficult.

(09-01-2021, 12:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:32 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: You don't have the right to cause people harm. That's not being a Nazi that's being a normal human being.

You don't know his day to day life.. You don't know if he's causing any harm. Are you spying on him everyday, through his bathroom window while he pisses? How about when he runs out to the store for a beer? [BLEEP] off with that garbage.

Not only that, I have had the virus, my wife had the virus, we are naturally immune. I am in NO DANGER of getting anyone sick with the COVID. The government slaves that want everyone to be vaccinated hate this little truth. They would have to literally hold me down and force me to take that poison. My Doctor, the DOCTOR I TRUST said I am immune and NOT TO TAKE THE SHOT... So, ya...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-01-2021, 12:40 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I sympathize with your sentiment,  but I also feel you should direct some of your venom at the entirety of the Biden administration, in particular the CDC, FDA, and Tony Fauchi for the partisan, mixed messaging being sent from day one. 

I do reserve some for the the government agencies that have been weak with the messaging. TBH, I don't think any amount of messaging would be a panacea but the seemingly constantly changing info (not even getting into the fake news outlets) doesn't help any. And the "it's only about me" mindset around COVID makes it particularly difficult.

Politics amd medicine mix like oil and water.

(09-01-2021, 12:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

(09-01-2021, 12:35 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: This country is so [BLEEP] ridiculous right now with all these anti vaxxers and pro vaxxers.. What everyone needs to do is mind their own [BLEEP] business and keep their ideologies, fear mongering and tribalistic loathing to themselves. This country needs a break..

Funny thing is. I'm not even anti vax. I got

I'll get the Flu Shot, I have had the flu shot, I'm just not willing to be a guinea pig.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-01-2021, 12:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can anyone provide an update overall mortality rate broken down by age range?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid.../index.htm
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-01-2021, 12:53 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:19 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Can anyone provide an update overall mortality rate broken down by age range?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid.../index.htm

Thank you.

If my math is correct, for my age group, a 3.3% mortality rate and for young children, a 0.06% mortality rate

The vaccine does not prevent spread. That should adjust the rationale that you are protect people by getting it.

(09-01-2021, 01:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: The vaccine does not prevent spread. That should adjust the rationale that you are protect people by getting it.

That's not entirely true either based on what they are saying about the reduction in viral load being significantly quicker in a vaccinated vs. unvaccinated individual

(09-01-2021, 12:21 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Why you gotta keep telling him to get the shot?  How about quit telling people what to do? Whether he gets the shot or not is up to him, not you.. 

Wonder why this country is so divided and each side loathes each other? There's one of the reasons why. It's his choice..

Ronster, do what you want..

Because like I told someone else, it's not all about him. If it were, I'd say knock yourself out. Want to go jump in front of a bus? Hey, whatever trips your trigger. But by not getting the shot, he's prolonging the virus which increases the risks of one of my loved ones getting sick and dying. I've already lost people close to me that way. So get the [BLEEP] shot.

Help me out here.  The vaccine does not prevent anyone from getting the virus.  It does not kill the virus either.  So how does not getting the vaccine prolong the virus?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2021, 02:27 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(09-01-2021, 02:21 PM)copycat Wrote:

Help me out here.  The vaccine does not prevent anyone from getting the virus.  It does not kill the virus either.  So how does not getting the vaccine prolong the virus?

All questions they don't want to answer and CAN'T answer.

The only thing this nucleotide does is make you less sick... you're still infected and you're still spreading it.

(09-01-2021, 02:21 PM)copycat Wrote:

If enough people get vaccinated we could achieve herd immunity within the population. It's the same effect that makes small pox and polio less of a threat than they used to be. The virus has now mutated into variants, so it's more difficult, but still possible. Not getting the vaccine allows it to continue to propagate. Same problem we have today with the various flu virus variants.