Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

(09-10-2021, 04:17 PM)Ronster Wrote: hahahahaha. HAIL FAUCI, HAIL FAUCI, HAIL FAUCI... This stupid [BLEEP] witch doctor can't even make the case for the previously infected to get the vax.. I can't believe CNN actually reported REAL news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0kneU_EUFY&t=34s

People laugh at Marc Seigel.  This guy makes Marc look like the doctor of the decade.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2021, 04:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 04:17 PM)Ronster Wrote: hahahahaha. HAIL FAUCI, HAIL FAUCI, HAIL FAUCI... This stupid [BLEEP] witch doctor can't even make the case for the previously infected to get the vax.. I can't believe CNN actually reported REAL news...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0kneU_EUFY&t=34s

People laugh at Marc Seigel.  This guy makes Marc look like the doctor of the decade.

[Image: vaccine-immunity.jpg]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-10-2021, 03:24 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Anecdotal evidence being treated like science... should I repeat this over and over with bigger font?

Hospitalization records aren't anecdotal in any font.

(09-10-2021, 05:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 03:24 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Anecdotal evidence being treated like science... should I repeat this over and over with bigger font?

Records can be manipulated.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(09-10-2021, 03:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 03:50 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: ...and that doesn't apply to big pharma for some reason?

I heard this word of mouth, so take it for what it is... but a friend of a friend is a higher up at Pfizer. He said they made more this year than they were projected to make for the next 11 years.

Do you find it odd that their stock price is still so low if that's accurate? Not saying it's not, but the economic markers don't really show a company in a boom.

I've said on here repeatedly that I have never really studied how the market works. I get the basics, sure, but I can honestly say that I don't know enough about the market to give you an answer one way or the other.

(09-10-2021, 04:32 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 04:21 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: People laugh at Marc Seigel.  This guy makes Marc look like the doctor of the decade.

[Image: vaccine-immunity.jpg]

I do wish you could grasp the concept of "preprint" and why that matters.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-10-2021, 05:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I am not disagreeing with the success of the vaccine in that regard. I am telling you that using a person's story about Ivermectin is useless. People who are vaccinated go to the hospital ALL the time. I would love to look at the data and be able to make a judgement call, but I can't. It's worse now than it was 8 months ago. Why?

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 05:41 PM by Ronster. Edited 2 times in total.)

(09-10-2021, 05:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 04:32 PM)Ronster Wrote: [Image: vaccine-immunity.jpg]

I do wish you could grasp the concept of "preprint" and why that matters.

SCIENCE

The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a “Don’t try this at home” label.

The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized.

The study demonstrates the power of the human immune system, but infectious disease experts emphasized that this vaccine and others for COVID-19 nonetheless remain highly protective against severe disease and death. And they caution that intentional infection among unvaccinated people would be extremely risky. “What we don’t want people to say is: ‘All right, I should go out and get infected, I should have an infection party,’” says Michel Nussenzweig, an immunologist at Rockefeller University who researches the immune response to SARS-CoV-2 and was not involved in the study. “Because somebody could die.”

Put another way, vaccinated individuals were 27 times more likely to get a symptomatic COVID infection than those with natural immunity from COVID.

?https://fee.org/articles/harvard-epidemi...emolished/

?https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/...21262415v1

No, it has not been peer reviewed yet, still combined with the studies out of Israel, this is pretty damning evidence against the vaccine vs natural immunity. AND My Doctor who has a PHD agrees and I trust MY Doctor...

Why won't you admit that the vaccine might not be everything they are advertising and that the so called "experts" might have it wrong?  The evidence is mounting. Pretty soon, well intentioned people are going to have a lot of egg on their face and some serious explaining to do.  
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(09-10-2021, 05:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 03:55 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Do you find it odd that their stock price is still so low if that's accurate? Not saying it's not, but the economic markers don't really show a company in a boom.

I've said on here repeatedly that I have never really studied how the market works. I get the basics, sure, but I can honestly say that I don't know enough about the market to give you an answer one way or the other.

It looks like there was a booking session at the end of August that dropped the price for all of the vaccine manufacturers around 4% and it's expected that Pfizer will rebound about 3% by the end of this quarter. Their numbers are really good, yet their share price still sits around $50 (the all-time high is $51.80 so not that far off). It just seems like a company making 10 years worth of revenue in a single year would be skyrocketing multiple hundreds of percentage points like some of the stocks their tracking in the Stock Market thread. What I saw says they are about 18% above projections, but I think 10 fold is an exaggeration.

(09-10-2021, 05:36 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 05:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I do wish you could grasp the concept of "preprint" and why that matters.

SCIENCE

The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a “Don’t try this at home” label.

The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized.

The study demonstrates the power of the human immune system, but infectious disease experts emphasized that this vaccine and others for COVID-19 nonetheless remain highly protective against severe disease and death. And they caution that intentional infection among unvaccinated people would be extremely risky. “What we don’t want people to say is: ‘All right, I should go out and get infected, I should have an infection party,’” says Michel Nussenzweig, an immunologist at Rockefeller University who researches the immune response to SARS-CoV-2 and was not involved in the study. “Because somebody could die.”

Put another way, vaccinated individuals were 27 times more likely to get a symptomatic COVID infection than those with natural immunity from COVID.

No, it has not been peer reviewed yet, still combined with the studies out of Israel, this is pretty damning evidence against the vaccine vs natural immunity. AND My Doctor who has a PHD agrees and I trust MY Doctor...

Why won't you admit that the vaccine might not be everything they are advertising and that the so called "experts" might have it wrong?  The evidence is mounting. Pretty soon, well intentioned people are going to have a lot of egg on their face and some serious explaining to do.  

Wait, did you just reference your reference with your reference?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-10-2021, 05:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 05:26 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I've said on here repeatedly that I have never really studied how the market works. I get the basics, sure, but I can honestly say that I don't know enough about the market to give you an answer one way or the other.

It looks like there was a booking session at the end of August that dropped the price for all of the vaccine manufacturers around 4% and it's expected that Pfizer will rebound about 3% by the end of this quarter. Their numbers are really good, yet their share price still sits around $50 (the all-time high is $51.80 so not that far off). It just seems like a company making 10 years worth of revenue in a single year would be skyrocketing multiple hundreds of percentage points like some of the stocks their tracking in the Stock Market thread. What I saw says they are about 18% above projections, but I think 10 fold is an exaggeration.

(09-10-2021, 05:36 PM)Ronster Wrote: SCIENCE

Wait, no.. once was simply a screen shot. This is the complete write up. Plus other sources included in the first link. LOL nice try

(09-10-2021, 05:43 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 05:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: It looks like there was a booking session at the end of August that dropped the price for all of the vaccine manufacturers around 4% and it's expected that Pfizer will rebound about 3% by the end of this quarter. Their numbers are really good, yet their share price still sits around $50 (the all-time high is $51.80 so not that far off). It just seems like a company making 10 years worth of revenue in a single year would be skyrocketing multiple hundreds of percentage points like some of the stocks their tracking in the Stock Market thread. What I saw says they are about 18% above projections, but I think 10 fold is an exaggeration.

Wait, no.. once was simply a screen shot. This is the complete write up. Plus other sources included in the first link. LOL nice try

Both of your links go to the same preprint that you screencapped.

Edit: Having read your study I hope peer-review bears this out. It's good news to know that natural immunity will be durable and effective.

(09-10-2021, 04:05 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 03:41 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Hoping you guys do fine!

The messengers are morons.

She is ok. Just flu like symptoms. I have a runny nose and a bit of a cough. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Test came back, I am covid free.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I have changed my whole perspective about this whole thing based on what I have observed and seen in my life.

Case 1:  My brother-in-law who was vaccinated caught the China virus.  He is middle-to-late 60's, moderate drinker and a non-smoker with no significant health issues.  He felt like crap for a few days and was fine after about a week or so.  Technically it took him a couple of weeks to get his sense of taste back.  My sister (also vaccinated) took care of him and never tested positive.  One thing to note, she is a RN and probably took more precautions than the average person.

Case 2:  My very good friend and his wife (both un-vaccinated) caught it and both got through it similar to my brother-in-law.  Both are early 60's as far as age, smokers and moderate-to-heavy drinkers.  My friend is also a diabetic and takes insulin every day.

Case 3:  My friend's daughter caught it and ended up passing away because of it.  She was a 40 year old mother of 3, non-smoker and non-drinker.  The only "health problem" that she had was that she was overweight.  One thing to note though is she went to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing.  While in the hospital her oxygen level was low so they inserted a ventilator.  When that happened she developed some kind of "infection" (I don't remember what it was called) which caused pneumonia.  She battled for about 4 weeks before her kidneys started to shut down and she ended up passing.

The thing that comes to mind for me, my friend's daughter didn't die of COVID, she died because of the treatment.  I base this thought from cases 1 and 2.  The more serious effects of the virus were over in about a week or so.  She was battling the effects of whatever "infection" that she got when they put a ventilator in her and the pneumonia that resulted from it for over 4 weeks.

Now I am no doctor and am by no means going to give medical advise to anyone.  I got the vaccine when it first became available to me for different reasons, but in my opinion the best thing to do is to get it.  My reasoning to get the vaccine was twofold.  1.  I saw ahead where it might be a requirement to travel.  My parents are both well into their 80's and live many states away.  If for some reason I need to get to them I want to be able to.  2.  I am a veteran of the U.S. Navy and got more vaccine shots than I can count.  I figured "what's one more?".

Just my opinion, but I think a person is pretty dumb not to get vaccinated whether they have had and got over the China virus or not.  I understand that some people don't do well with vaccines and choose not to get it (example Americus) and I don't fault her for not getting it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-10-2021, 06:12 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 04:05 PM)Dimson Wrote: She is ok. Just flu like symptoms. I have a runny nose and a bit of a cough. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Great news!

(09-10-2021, 02:37 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: People are taking ivermectin as a preventative? I’ve only heard of taking it once you have it, not to keep you from getting it.

Clop once if you agree, two if you don't
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2021, 06:57 PM by homebiscuit.)

(09-10-2021, 06:12 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 04:05 PM)Dimson Wrote: She is ok. Just flu like symptoms. I have a runny nose and a bit of a cough. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Test results can be manipulated. Ninja

(09-10-2021, 05:29 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 05:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Hospitalization records aren't anecdotal in any font.

I am not disagreeing with the success of the vaccine in that regard. I am telling you that using a person's story about Ivermectin is useless. People who are vaccinated go to the hospital ALL the time. I would love to look at the data and be able to make a judgement call, but I can't. It's worse now than it was 8 months ago. Why?

Because people are no longer masking up and social distancing as they were 8 months ago.

I remember hearing a story on the news earlier in the year about a guy here in Jacksonville. He signed up over the internet to be tested for covid, might have been close to the stadium somewhere. The day came for him to be tested and he was waiting in line for hours. He finally got fed up and decided to leave and reachedule for another date. The next day, he got an email from the corp handling the testing that he tested positive for covid..

fwiw..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-10-2021, 06:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have changed my whole perspective about this whole thing based on what I have observed and seen in my life.

Case 1:  My brother-in-law who was vaccinated caught the China virus.  He is middle-to-late 60's, moderate drinker and a non-smoker with no significant health issues.  He felt like crap for a few days and was fine after about a week or so.  Technically it took him a couple of weeks to get his sense of taste back.  My sister (also vaccinated) took care of him and never tested positive.  One thing to note, she is a RN and probably took more precautions than the average person.

Case 2:  My very good friend and his wife (both un-vaccinated) caught it and both got through it similar to my brother-in-law.  Both are early 60's as far as age, smokers and moderate-to-heavy drinkers.  My friend is also a diabetic and takes insulin every day.

Case 3:  My friend's daughter caught it and ended up passing away because of it.  She was a 40 year old mother of 3, non-smoker and non-drinker.  The only "health problem" that she had was that she was overweight.  One thing to note though is she went to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing.  While in the hospital her oxygen level was low so they inserted a ventilator.  When that happened she developed some kind of "infection" (I don't remember what it was called) which caused pneumonia.  She battled for about 4 weeks before her kidneys started to shut down and she ended up passing.

The thing that comes to mind for me, my friend's daughter didn't die of COVID, she died because of the treatment.  I base this thought from cases 1 and 2.  The more serious effects of the virus were over in about a week or so.  She was battling the effects of whatever "infection" that she got when they put a ventilator in her and the pneumonia that resulted from it for over 4 weeks.

Now I am no doctor and am by no means going to give medical advise to anyone.  I got the vaccine when it first became available to me for different reasons, but in my opinion the best thing to do is to get it.  My reasoning to get the vaccine was twofold.  1.  I saw ahead where it might be a requirement to travel.  My parents are both well into their 80's and live many states away.  If for some reason I need to get to them I want to be able to.  2.  I am a veteran of the U.S. Navy and got more vaccine shots than I can count.  I figured "what's one more?".

Just my opinion, but I think a person is pretty dumb not to get vaccinated whether they have had and got over the China virus or not.  I understand that some people don't do well with vaccines and choose not to get it (example Americus) and I don't fault her for not getting it.

The problem lies in this one size fits all thinking. If natural immunity is superior (and it's pretty clear that it is), people who are healthy and under 50 should just catch the virus. People who are obese, immuno-compromised, or old should get the vaccine. Yes, some people will get sick and die. Some people who get the vaccine will get sick and die. In both cases, it should be pretty rare. Under no circumstances, should it be MANDATED that people who have had Covid get the vaccine. That's just dumb, and probably the single greatest reason that makes me think this is policy generated by profit. 

I do think the vaccine is effective. I just don't think it's going to stand the test of time. It's not going to keep people free from sickness. It's not going to keep people from spreading covid. It's not going to keep the virus from mutating. It's just going to keep people out of the hospital until the virus finds a way to break down it's defenses. Then we are going to have to start all over with a different vaccine. This is going to be like flu season on steroids. Giving the most people the strongest response to this virus is the smart play, but big pharma wants to make their billions. 

FSG, I get what you're saying about Pfizer. I just don't see how they can't be crushing it. In June, the US bought 200 million MORE doses of the Pfizer vaccine. At $150 a pop, that's 30 billion dollars. That's not counting whatever they sold the US before (I didn't feel like looking it up). They are crushing it. I have no idea how that affects their stocks.

(09-10-2021, 07:03 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: I remember hearing a story on the news earlier in the year about a guy here in Jacksonville. He signed up over the internet to be tested for covid, might have been close to the stadium somewhere. The day came for him to be tested and he was waiting in line for hours. He finally got fed up and decided to leave and reachedule for another date. The next day, he got an email from the corp handling the testing that he tested positive for covid..

fwiw..
It's true. I know someone who missed their appt and got a positive test back. Explanation was something like they prepared the paperwork and testing kits, got out of sequence when you leave and don't always catch it. Eventually they figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Pfizer's revenue is up 92.39% YOY

Net income is up 59.44%