Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:I'm not a fan of the trade. I think Monroe should have been traded before the draft if he was not in the teams long-term plans. Miami offered a 3rd round pick for a disgruntled Brandon Albert. Albert, like Monroe, was going to be a one year rental. I'd prefer Eugene Monroe for 1 year at $4 million than Brandon Albert for 1 year at (just under) $10 million.

We entered the draft with a solid, proven, young LT and the #2 overall pick in the draft. We essentially came away with a rookie LT and three mid-day picks. I just don't see that as an upgrade, even if Joeckel can match Eugene's level of play.

*I didn't bother to read the thread to see if anyone shared my opinion.

Thanks for bringing up the Brandon Albert example. Add that to the list of comparable trades. 

Its clear that Caldwell did not do well here. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You need help

That would have sufficed.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:This is now Caldwell's 2nd strike for me...

Strike 1 was when after evaluation of the roster he determined that Marcedes Lewis was worthy of being one of the cornerstones to go forward with....That gave me pause, and now this deal combined with that comment is starting to paint Caldwell as over his head at best/ incompetent at worst....

Strike 1 for me was some how some way the decieded to start at every position EXCEPT the positions of greatest need QB, OG, C, ILB

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Strike 1 was when after evaluation of the roster he determined that Marcedes Lewis was worthy of being one of the cornerstones to go forward with....That gave me pause, and now this deal combined with that comment is starting to paint Caldwell as over his head at best/ incompetent at worst....

He didn't call him a cornerstone. He said he was part of a "solid core". He also said Monroe was part of that core and he just traded him for picks so what exactly are you mad about?

;

;

Quote:I'm not a fan of the trade. I think Monroe should have been traded before the draft if he was not in the teams long-term plans. Miami offered a 3rd round pick for a disgruntled Brandon Albert. Albert, like Monroe, was going to be a one year rental. I'd prefer Eugene Monroe for 1 year at $4 million than Brandon Albert for 1 year at (just under) $10 million.

We entered the draft with a solid, proven, young LT and the #2 overall pick in the draft. We essentially came away with a rookie LT and three mid-day picks. I just don't see that as an upgrade, even if Joeckel can match Eugene's level of play.

*I didn't bother to read the thread to see if anyone shared my opinion.

I'm glad someone gets it. But I'm sure this will go ignored like the rest of the others.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:LTs ARE a premium. Getting 3rd day picks for one that is solid, healthy and plays hard is asinine. It is obvious that Khan has given Caldwell YEARS to build this team. This fanbase, after the last dismal 7-8n years, wont have the patience; and maybe, just maybe, as Chiefjag has implied...its Khans plan, as he focuses on his soccer team and "bumper"crop.

Gabbert is DOA as of yesterday...he was on life support until now..he's a certified goner now, in more ways than one.

This may be good for our younger fans, but for the old dogs, its like watching your home being fixed, then coming to see results only to see they're doing it one brick at a time.

Monroe was steady. If his trade results in late round picks that may not even make the team, Caldwell better be trying to stock up draft picks for further trading...up, not down.
this... this team is going to be moving... there is no and ifs or butt's about it.... and it will be in the next few years

Quote: 

Gabbert is DOA as of last year
Fixed that for ya.

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 11:12 AM by bleedingteal.)

Strike 1 was when after evaluation of the roster he determined that Marcedes Lewis was worthy of being one of the cornerstones to go forward & rebuild with....That gave me pause, and now this deal combined with that comment is starting to paint Caldwell as over his head at best/ incompetent at worst....

Lol. Gets a strike for coach speak.

How could he have got more? If he is trying to trade him then everyone knows he isn't in our plans. They can just get him next year.

Quote:Schefter reporting. Pick hasnt been disclosed yet but it better be a 1st. If it is then i see it being a good move.

Everyone pray for Gabbert, Bradfield is back out there.
A big I told you so goes out to everyone on this board who didn't think the Jags would do this. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

My biggest strike is a coaching staff with NO experience at the same level.  Every coach took a promotion and is learning on the job.

I like it when teams take a former head coach and place them back at the position in which they had real success.  Give me a Rob Ryan type guy as our DC and give me Mike Martz as our OC.

Quote:this... this team is going to be moving... there is no and ifs or butt's about it.... and it will be in the next few years

Trade LT = team moving. Solid analysis.

Quote:this... this team is going to be moving... there is no and ifs or butt's about it.... and it will be in the next few years

THAT MUST BE IT!! EUGENE MONROE was the COG IN THE ENTIRE TEAM MOVING!  I see it now, and MAN it's so obvious.  Trade your average left tackle, entire team goes to crap, leaves city, NFL closes down, government stops working (oh wait).

Lighten up,  A lot of you saying how bad a trade this was were the same ones saying Eugene wasn't that great of a player with your anti-Gene Smith tirades the last few years.

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:He didn't call him a cornerstone. He said he was part of a "solid core". He also said Monroe was part of that core and he just traded him for picks so what exactly are you mad about?

WHatever you want to label it as - Caldwell thought enough of Marcedes with that ridiculous contract to go forward with him....Marcedes should have been one of the first cuts when you consider that contract he has and the production that he actually gives....

As far as the Monroe thing...what am I mad about?? - the Jags getting fleeced, thats what. Monroe should have garnered more than a few late draft picks. Ozzie just took Caldwell to school. 

Quote:Give me a Rob Ryan type guy as our DC

Rob Ryan? The guy has been a loser his entire career. Look it up.

;

;

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 11:17 AM by knarnn.)

That thought is in the back of my head but I'll wait until the offseason to give it some real thought. If this team sits on piles of cash in the 2nd year of rebuild, gets rid of the few remaining players for draft picks, and signs bargin barrel FA's the answer will be obvious. Cheap will get us a rebuild of 5-7 years, that's assuming Caldwell hits on all his draft picks.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Why are you still here?

You continue to post comments that would make an 11 year old posting in her diary proud. And you make these senseless, silly predictions with no information attached.

There are 31 other teams who could really benefit from your insight and wealth of knowledge.

You have our ok.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

just in case no one saw this.

Quote:I'm not going to say it was a bad,or good trade,but i will ask a question though.  

As bad as the O-line has been this year why would you trade away a o lineman for?  I'm just asking that question thats all.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 11:17 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:My biggest strike is a coaching staff with NO experience at the same level.  Every coach took a promotion and is learning on the job.

I like it when teams take a former head coach and place them back at the position in which they had real success.  Give me a Rob Ryan type guy as our DC and give me Mike Martz as our OC.

Good point.....and like when we had Dave Campo as secondary coach and Mike Tice as OL/ TE coach. 

They were both very good at those responsibilities. 

Guys like that only get exposed when promoted beyond their capability. 

RT @mikejurecki Hearing Jags contacted the Cards last week re Eugene Monroe & Arizona decided to pass on Monroe.

Quote:WHatever you want to label it as - Caldwell thought enough of Marcedes with that ridiculous contract to go forward with him....Marcedes should have been one of the first cuts when you consider that contract he has and the production that he actually gives....

As far as the Monroe thing...what am I mad about?? - the Jags getting fleeced, thats what. Monroe should have garnered more than a few late draft picks. Ozzie just took Caldwell to school. 

So you're mad he kept a guy currently under contract at a position with zero depth? Are you aware Lewis has a huge jump in base salary in 2014? Lewis will be cut this offseason. You just need to be patient and pay attention.

;

;