Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Quote:If this is true, Arizona isn't exactly the second coming of the 1990s Cowboys or the Hogs as far as OL is concerned.

It speaks volumes they would pass on Monroe, especially considering they brought in Palmer to pair with Fitzgerald to be more competitive this year.  

Pittsburgh also needed a LT and presumably didn't make a bid for him, either.  If they did, we can only assume they didn't beat Baltimore's offer.

Monroe isn't that good and I don't believe there was a huge market for him, which is why we didn't get much in return for him-or at least as much as we'd like.

This

I find it hard to believe David Caldwell didn't do his due diligence in finding the absolute best offer for EM. Eugene is a good player that will undoubtedly want to be paid like a great player, his agent will likely command one of the largest contracts for a LT in NFL history, it's not worth putting all of those financial resources into a player that is good but not great, especially for a team that won't be competitive for the foreseeable future. The Jaguars need draft picks and a lot of them, this is a win-win trade for both organizations, the Ravens (or any other team for that matter) were not going to fork over a high draft pick for a player that has a chance of hitting free agency in a few months.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:...And you didn't think to call up Wayne Weaver a few years back and tell him about it?!
It only started bearing fruit last spring. :whistling:

Were not getting the conditional pick from Smith, he was cut after 2 games.

I do think we are going to get a 6th round compensatory pick though. Knighton and Miller cancel each other out (im referring to money). Cox got a 20M deal with 10 guaranteed, and we signed like 4 players on 1M per year deals. If Cox and Daryl play well it seems like we could get a 5th, but a 6th seems more likely looking at how the picks were distributed last year 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap100000...o-16-teams

The teams that received a 5th lost way more in terms of net money. 

The trade has been confirmed by multiple sources that we will receive 2, day 3 picks. Im hoping for a 4th and a 5th.

So that would leave us with 1, 2, 3, 4, BAL 4, 5, DET 5, 6, COMP 6, 7. Hopefully we can ship off MJD for a 5th by the trade deadline. Other than him I cant really see any else leaving. Mostly because no one wants to trade for Mincey, Babin, Uche, Poz, or Lewis' contract. 

We wake up Friday morning and our team has been sold to the Brits..... is this our destiny???

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Why would you contact a team to take on your LT for picks when the team you contacted is trying to TRADE THIER OWN LT FOR PICKS?

BOOOM!!

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:Why would you contact a team to take on your LT for picks when the team you contacted is trying to TRADE THIER OWN LT FOR PICKS?
And why would the Buccaneers be calling literally every single team in the league to shop their expensive, last year of contract QB? That's what GMs do, they call everyone. If they didn't they wouldn't be doing their job and you would scream about that too. Jeez this board loves to complain about the most petty things. 

Good job Dave for doing a comprehensive job trying to get value for a player who wasn't in your future plans! I'll be rational sorry about the others!

I know, he's an idiot right?  And we also know this is the only team he contacted, and wasn't just one in a series of teams he contacted, because it's the only one we heard about on twitter.  Check and mate Caldwell!

Quote:And why would the Buccaneers be calling literally every single team in the league to shop their expensive, last year of contract QB? That's what GMs do, they call everyone. If they didn't they wouldn't be doing their job and you would scream about that too. Jeez this board loves to complain about the most petty things. 

Good job Dave for doing a comprehensive job trying to get value for a player who wasn't in your future plans! I'll be rational sorry about the others!

This is not that difficult to comprehend.

A source said the Ravens will be sending third-day draft picks to the Jaguars for Monroe and that the basic framework of the deal is in place.

Quote:You act is if your tickets even if you do own some were forced upon you. Do they deduct them from your paycheck without your approval? If anyone is screwing anyone you are doing it to yourself. Your fandom is your choice entirely. Quit crying.
Not crying. I got my tix at half price. You, IF you even have tickets got screwed.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:This is not that difficult to comprehend.
Oh but unfortunately it is for far too many people on here. Sad.

He's an average LT coming to the end of his contract.  He was walking anyway.

The Jags got market value.  Depending which picks we actually get, we may even come out ahead.

The more I think about it, this may be a win-win trade for Baltimore and Jax.

Uhhh... maybe because they didn't know before they made contact with the Cards that they too were trying to trade their LT for picks. You dudes are hilarious. What likely happened is they made contact and said Monroe was available, Cards turned them down saying, "Nah, we're actually trying to do the same thing." Not hard to figure out kid.

Quote:Not crying. I got my tix at half price. You, IF you even have tickets got screwed.
So you just feel bad for us season ticket holders. I see. How compassionate of you.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 11:40 AM by Jinjo.)

Quote:Really wish a lot of you all could understand that the currency of the NFL is draft picks and young, cost-controlled players. Richardson was signed for 3 more years at less than 3 mil/yr. His full signing bonus is still on the Browns payroll. You just flat out aren't and can't expect to get good picks for a guy with less than one season left on a deal.

Also, no one has mentioned a word about Monroe's quotes last night saying it was bittersweet, but he's happy about the trade, ready to move on, and glad to play for a contender. He wasn't resigning here, sorry.

The only other solution to this deal was to let him walk and hope to get the last pick of the 3rd round comp pick, which is certainly not guaranteed those are pretty hard to get. I would rather have a 4th and 5th, which is what it's looking like it will be, over gambling we got the last pick of the 3rd round but probably more likely to be a 4th we we already got (I think) and more.

Honestly, if Dave knew Monroe was good as gone (highly likely) then what we got was the best we could realistically hope for. Now for you all unrealistically hoping for a once in a lifetime boneheaded trade like the Roy Williams one, I don't know what else to tell ya except it's time to wake up.

I did, but it was glanced over by the usual suspects just like this post. He said pretty much word for word (remembering off the top of my head) "Im glad to have an opportunity to play for a DIFFERENT nfl franchise." Thats basically saying thank god im out of here. 

Quote:Unfortunately, this is a common business case. I have been loyal to directv (example) for years and yet they offer free NFL Ticket to new customers. What about me?
Exactly. I'm in the same boat..However..I called Direct, said I was cancelling for the exact above reason. Guess what? After a bit of haggling...NFL ticket. So..moral is, if you take it on the chin and ignore it, fine. Sometimes its ok to give one on the chin.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Uhhh... maybe because they didn't know before they made contact with the Cards that they too were trying to trade their LT for picks. You dudes are hilarious. What likely happened is they made contact and said Monroe was available, Cards turned them down saying, "Nah, we're actually trying to do the same thing." Not hard to figure out kid.

Dont try to use any sort of reason or logic with that guy, its not worth the time.

No Skynyrd = No wins

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 11:44 AM by knarnn.)

@GeneFrenette Monroe trade essentially means Caldwell views a UFA or draft pick as better option than re-signing him to big contract. #Jaguars

10:04pm - 1 Oct 13
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So you just feel bad for us season ticket holders. I see. How compassionate of you.
No. I don't. I know I've had them longer than most here. Got the same treatment. Made changes. Did not get screwed and ask for more Vaseline.

Blakes Life Matters