Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

Will Caldwell trade up or stay put?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like what Caldwell has done thus far.

I would have liked to see us re-sign Monroe if we couldn't get better than that, but he has the right idea at least.

What is being overlooked right now is that dealing Monroe gives us like 2.2 million back onto the cap this year in which we can use to jettison veteran players on this year's cap if we can't trade them.  I'm looking at players who are on bad deals with no trade value like Mincey.

Quote:Let's see what the Cardinals get for Levi Brown.
It will still be an apples/oranges comparison. Levi is signed through 2016, you can't compare that to a dude with 12 games left.

Quote:Let's see what the Cardinals get for Levi Brown.

@AdamSchefter: Arizona now has traded OT Levi Brown to Pittsburgh for late-round pick. @RapSheet said two sides were working on deal. BALT and PITT dealing

Two third day picks?

Are you kidding me?

Eugene Monroe at worst was a top 10 tackle, how likley is it the the pick used to replace him will be anywhere near the player he is? Very freaking low. Also he is 26 years old, (not to mention durable and dedicated) in OT years thats pretty young, injuries permittting you would expect at least another 4 years at the top of his game and another couple on top of that as a serviceable vet.

Terrible move.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...e-linemen/

Seems the Giants are in need of OL help and presumably didn't put in a bid for Monroe, either.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Neither one of us knows what teams were offering or if he just took the first offer he got. Can you prove otherwise?

Who was the last 4th or 5th rounder to make this team and was considered top 15 at his position?

That's essentially what you got for Monroe.
Your premise is based on what then? You seem to act as if you know there was more value to be had. I simply asked what any of that crap you posted had to do with the Monroe trade. You have a problem understanding English or something?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

The only was this deal makes sense to TMD would have been trading Monroe to the Hamilton Tiger Cats for Dan Lefevour.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Gonna be an exciting draft.
1st round no brainer Teddy and then after that... very exciting.

Quote:Your premise is based on what then? You seem to act as if you know there was more value to be had. I simply asked what any of that crap you posted had to do with the Monroe trade. You have a problem understanding English or something?

Perhaps there was more value in KEEPING him.

Try answering the last part of the question I asked you or did your lack of reading skills cause you to miss it?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:The only was this deal makes sense to TMD would have been trading Monroe to the Hamilton Tiger Cats for Dan Lefevour.

translation??

Quote:It will still be an apples/oranges comparison. Levi is signed through 2016, you can't compare that to a dude with 12 games left.
I still feel the Brandon Albert trade scenario this off-season was similar. Albert may rank a couple spots higher (in terms of performance) than Monroe, but he also had triple the salary of Monroe. Not to mention, the Monroe trade happened mid-season (win-now mode), meaning higher value. When the Dolphins offered a 3rd for Albert, they still had the flexibility to wait it out, see if a LT is available in the draft, and then decide. 

I think the whole "well he wasn't in the long-term plans so it's better to get something than nothing" argument is a little too short-sided. Not only do I think we could have received better value, but I think that if we knew he wasn't in the long-term plans, why waste all this time? If Luke has always been the future and that we wouldn't compete this year, why even bother starting Luke at RT? Why didn't we just move Monroe and start Luke at LT all along?

Quote:Two third day picks?

Are you kidding me?

Eugene Monroe at worst was a top 10 tackle, how likley is it the the pick used to replace him will be anywhere near the player he is? Very freaking low. Also he is 26 years old, (not to mention durable and dedicated) in OT years thats pretty young, injuries permittting you would expect at least another 4 years at the top of his game and another couple on top of that as a serviceable vet.

Terrible move.

It's only a terrible move if Joeckel isn't an upgrade at LT.

It Joeckel was struggling at RT because it's not a natural fit, and we can find an RT in free agency or the draft, then it'll have been a good move.

I just wish we had someone to fit in at RT right now. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:now just take the 4th and 5th and use it to get a 2nd and it will be worth it

Really? 

I don't see sarcasm in your post, so I will bite here. 1st-3rd rounder players are impact players. Usually a starter in most cases. There isn't on in 31 teams that will give up a 2nd round pick for a 4th and a 5th. Ever. (Unless your Jerry Jones then it might be possible)

With your logic it would probably take your 3rd, and both 5th (or maybe one 4th and one 5th) to move up to the second round.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

I hope we got the proper value for him

Quote:Really? 

I don't see sarcasm in your post, so I will bite here. 1st-3rd rounder players are impact players. Usually a starter in most cases. There isn't on in 31 teams that will give up a 2nd round pick for a 4th and a 5th. Ever.

.....judging by this Monroe move, I can think of one.... :whistling: 

Please help us

Quote:@AdamSchefter: Arizona now has traded OT Levi Brown to Pittsburgh for late-round pick. @RapSheet said two sides were working on deal. BALT and PITT dealing
It will be interesting to see what the Steelers game up, Levi Brown is not as good as Monroe, so we will see who got the best value out of the two new GMs Jacksonville and Arizona.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Perhaps there was more value in KEEPING him.

Try answering the last part of the question I asked you or did your lack of reading skills cause you to miss it?
Oh I read it. It just has zero to do with the post I questioned you about. You seem to want to use history to dictate the value of this trade and thats fine. It still has zero to do with the crap you posted.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Really? 

I don't see sarcasm in your post, so I will bite here. 1st-3rd rounder players are impact players. Usually a starter in most cases. There isn't on in 31 teams that will give up a 2nd round pick for a 4th and a 5th. Ever. (Unless your Jerry Jones then it might be possible)

With your logic it would probably take your 3rd, and both 5th (or maybe one 4th and one 5th) to move up to the second round.

I think he means that we could use those picks as ammo to package with a 3rd to move up. Or he could just be dumb.