Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

https://www.ft.com/content/b2b74d63-7c94...prftaYVp2o

TLDR: Rare instances of neurological disease linked to covid vaccines.

The instances are rare, so I am not trying to say this is a reason to stop vaccination. However, it is a legitimate reason for healthy people under 50 to want to avoid it. The risk of complications from vaccination is about their same odds of complications from Covid itself. I'd wager that's even higher in children.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-25-2021, 01:53 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: https://www.ft.com/content/b2b74d63-7c94...prftaYVp2o

TLDR: Rare instances of neurological disease linked to covid vaccines.

The instances are rare, so I am not trying to say this is a reason to stop vaccination. However, it is a legitimate reason for healthy people under 50 to want to avoid it. The risk of complications from vaccination is about their same odds of complications from Covid itself. I'd wager that's even higher in children.

Do you have a link that's not behind a paywall? Or maybe the article title?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 02:38 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

Weird. It wasn't behind a paywall when I read it. Now I can't access it, either. Maybe there's a limit of times you can view a free article.

My son tells me a friend of his who is 40ish is suffering a serious heart ailment as a result of long haul COVID. He’s always been healthy until contracting COVID a few months ago and has been in steady decline since.

When is the world going to make China pay for unleashing this evil?

(10-25-2021, 02:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: My son tells me a friend of his who is 40ish is suffering a serious heart ailment as a result of long haul COVID. He’s always been healthy until contracting COVID a few months ago and has been in steady decline since.

When is the world going to make China pay for unleashing this evil?

We didn't elect the guy that do something like that.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 03:31 PM by Lucky2Last.)

Quote:“In Florida, not only are we going to want to protect the law enforcement and all the jobs, we’re actually actively working to recruit out-of-state law enforcement because we do have needs in our police and our sheriff’s departments,” DeSantis said. “In the next legislative session, I’m going to hopefully sign legislation that gives a $5,000 bonus to any out-of-state law enforcement that moves to Florida.”

In a news conference on Monday, DeSantis rejected the framing that the bonus is meant to attract unvaccinated police officers.

“No, no, no, no. It’s for officers period, it is has nothing to do with their vaccination status so that’s just wrong,” DeSantis said. “I put that out there as a proposal months ago and the reason we’re doing it is because people are being treated poorly in Seattle and Minnesota, and NYPD, they don’t have the support, they’ve had their funding cut.”

Now he needs to make it to where hospitals can't make these kinds of asinine mandates for their healthcare employees, and do the same for healthcare workers.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 03:51 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 2 times in total.)

I found the actual paper. It's conclusions are different than what I read in the article. I thought the article I referenced mentioned age (which is why I posted what I did), but I can't find it anywhere in the study. The study is showing that there is a higher risk of neurological disorders after covid infection than in all other outcomes, so I was wrong about my point above. I should always look at the study first. However, that said, when I start to dig into the data, I can't find any of this separated by age or risk factors. This is an important designation. Why is it, knowing what we know about covid, that these studies constantly fail to include that information? I still suspect I am correct about my hypothesis above, but I guess I will never know.

Maybe the article was referencing a different study, but I doubt it. This one seems on the money.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01556-7

What a disgusting old pig.

At New Jersey event, President Biden coughs directly into his hand before shaking hands while maskless. https://t.co/fY6yK2PMZl

(10-25-2021, 05:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What a disgusting old pig.

At New Jersey event, President Biden coughs directly into his hand before shaking hands while maskless. https://t.co/fY6yK2PMZl

.....and your guy lost to a disgusting old pig.  Doesn't say much about the caliber of your guy.

(10-25-2021, 03:30 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
Quote:“In Florida, not only are we going to want to protect the law enforcement and all the jobs, we’re actually actively working to recruit out-of-state law enforcement because we do have needs in our police and our sheriff’s departments,” DeSantis said. “In the next legislative session, I’m going to hopefully sign legislation that gives a $5,000 bonus to any out-of-state law enforcement that moves to Florida.”

In a news conference on Monday, DeSantis rejected the framing that the bonus is meant to attract unvaccinated police officers.

“No, no, no, no. It’s for officers period, it is has nothing to do with their vaccination status so that’s just wrong,” DeSantis said. “I put that out there as a proposal months ago and the reason we’re doing it is because people are being treated poorly in Seattle and Minnesota, and NYPD, they don’t have the support, they’ve had their funding cut.”

Now he needs to make it to where hospitals can't make these kinds of asinine mandates for their healthcare employees, and do the same for healthcare workers.

Best of luck with that, I'm sure most people want their HCPs to be vaccinated against the stuff they run into in the exam room every day.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

When you cheat anything is possible.

(10-25-2021, 05:33 PM)captivating Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 05:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What a disgusting old pig.

.....and your guy lost to a disgusting old pig.  Doesn't say much about the caliber of your guy.

Does it feel weird defending the worst president in our nation's history 10 months in? This is the football equivalent of defending Blaine Gabbert as a franchise QB. People are laughing at you.

(10-25-2021, 05:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 05:33 PM)captivating Wrote: .....and your guy lost to a disgusting old pig.  Doesn't say much about the caliber of your guy.

Does it feel weird defending the worst president in our nation's history 10 months in? This is the football equivalent of defending Blaine Gabbert as a franchise QB. People are laughing at you.

nah, it's more like laughing at Saints who lost to the Bucs team that had lost 26 consecutive games.  Sometimes you just have to look inwards and accept that your opponent is rubbish and you still lost.

Biden out there literally killing kids

[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fa57.foxnew...c3e7e80edc]

but did he spell potato correctly?

(10-25-2021, 05:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 03:30 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

Best of luck with that, I'm sure most people want their HCPs to be vaccinated against the stuff they run into in the exam room every day.

Sure. Most uninformed people would want that.

(10-25-2021, 08:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 05:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Best of luck with that, I'm sure most people want their HCPs to be vaccinated against the stuff they run into in the exam room every day.

Lol.

(10-25-2021, 08:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 05:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Best of luck with that, I'm sure most people want their HCPs to be vaccinated against the stuff they run into in the exam room every day.

I don't care and it's none of my business. If my doctor wants to share and I ask about it, great but otherwise it is no one's business. Vaccines are supposed to protect yourself, not others. Now we have to put up with do it to protect others.

What others are we protecting? They are forcing the vaccine on everyone, give no medical exemptions even for immune compromised people and pregnant women, so who is left to protect? Everyone has made their choice, there is no one left to "protect".

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

(10-25-2021, 08:56 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 08:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Sure. Most uninformed people would want that.

I don't care and it's none of my business. If my doctor wants to share and I ask about it, great but otherwise it is no one's business. Vaccines are supposed to protect yourself, not others. Now we have to put up with do it to protect others.

What others are we protecting? They are forcing the vaccine on everyone, give no medical exemptions even for immune compromised people and pregnant women, so who is left to protect? Everyone has made their choice, there is no one left to "protect".

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

No they aren't, quit posting such drivel.

(10-25-2021, 05:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-25-2021, 05:33 PM)captivating Wrote: .....and your guy lost to a disgusting old pig.  Doesn't say much about the caliber of your guy.

Consider the source.. Dude has a jar of vegemite for a brain..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]