Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
COVID-19

Buried 6 Hours Into FDA Video: Doctor Admits They'll 'Never' Know 'How Safe the Vaccine Is Unless We Start Giving It'

The FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee approved the Pfizer vaccine for children ages 5 to 11 today after about eight hours of discussion.

https://ijr.com/buried-6-hours-fda-video...manualpost
Is currently experiencing life at several What the F's per hour

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-27-2021, 06:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 12:17 AM)p_rushing Wrote: UK weekly report last week showed vaxed people have lower antibodies after getting infected.

Strange bugs going around and hospitals are filling up in the NE .... but it's not covid and they are vaxed

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

Why do people make these supposed ‘statements of fact’ and provide no link as reference?

Will you actually read it? The strange bug going around is from npr so I assume you would have already seen that. The UK report is a PDF report put out by the gov and I doubt you or anyone else would bother to read it as people will just say see it doesn't work or that is misinformation.

(10-27-2021, 12:27 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 06:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Why do people make these supposed ‘statements of fact’ and provide no link as reference?

Will you actually read it? The strange bug going around is from npr so I assume you would have already seen that. The UK report is a PDF report put out by the gov and I doubt you or anyone else would bother to read it as people will just say see it doesn't work or that is misinformation.

Unless you want everyone to think you’re just making it up, you should.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2021, 03:26 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(10-27-2021, 09:09 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: "Using large-scale contact tracing data, we show that BNT162b2 and ChAdOx1 vaccination both reduce onward transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from individuals infected despite vaccination. However, reductions in transmission are lower for the Delta variant compared to Alpha for BNT162b2 and likely lower for ChAdOx1 too. Vaccines continue to provide protection against infection with Delta, but to a lesser degree than with Alpha in large population-based studies, particularly for infections with symptoms or moderate/high viral loads.8 Therefore, Delta erodes vaccine-associated protection against transmission by both making infection more common and increasing the likelihood of transmission from vaccinated individuals who become infected."

You just can't help yourself, even when the words clearly say what I said you still have to disagree with them. It's almost a pathology for you at this point to disagree with anything I say.

Let's do this line by line: 

1. Using large-scale contact tracing data, we show that BNT162b2 and ChAdOx1 vaccination both reduce onward transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from individuals infected despite vaccination. 

This is the only thing that supports what you are claiming, but they are about to back off of that with the next line. They are going to draw a clear distinction between the Alpha and Delta variant. This data makes some sense with Alpha, but not with Delta, and that is specifically what I have talking about in previous posts.

2. However, reductions in transmission are lower for the Delta variant compared to Alpha for BNT162b2 and likely lower for ChAdOx1 too. 

Let's get rid of the double negative there. They are saying that transmission of the Delta variant is higher compared to Alpha, which is what I have been saying this whole time. The vaccine does not reduce transmission rate by that much for the Delta variant. Now add to this the fact that this very same article says that becomes EVEN LOWER the younger people get. Also from the article, the weren't seeing massive amounts of spread from work environments, which was weird to me, but it's what they say, not me. This is now three factors that works AGAINST your argument. 

3. Vaccines continue to provide protection against infection with Delta, but to a lesser degree than with Alpha in large population-based studies, particularly for infections with symptoms or moderate/high viral loads.

They have switched from transmission rate to infection rate. No problems with this. It's just stating what we already know, namely that the vaccine does provide protection against infection. Even with this study, it's still recognizing that Delta bypasses some of the protection of this vaccine. So, even when they were in the early phases of Delta, they were already acknowledging the problem of the Delta variant. Imagine how that emphasis might have changed knowing the breakthrough rate of the Delta variant. It does keep people out of hospitals, but that's not what we're debating, is it?

4. Therefore, Delta erodes vaccine-associated protection against transmission by both making infection more common and increasing the likelihood of transmission from vaccinated individuals who become infected.

Look at that word they chose there.... ERODES. Could they state that any more strongly? They are very obviously declaring that Delta tears down the protections afforded by the vaccine because it is more contagious and vaccinated individuals are more likely to spread it. I mean, dang dude... how much more does it need to be spelled out for you? Now add in all the other stuff I mentioned from the article, and it becomes even more clear that this vaccine is likely not affording much protection to unvaccinated individuals... especially healthy under 50. 

Even when the words clearly say what I said, you still have to disagree with them. It's almost like a pathology with you to ignore the actual facts. I know you need to believe you fired those people for a just cause, but you didn't. 

Oh, I had a decent time, btw. Thanks.

Damn dude, since when does "lowered" translate to "non-existent"? Because for a significant period of time the vaccines offer reductions in transmission regardless of the increased or more rapid erosion created by Delta compared to Alpha. As I've been saying. even though you keep trying to say it doesn't say that but says some other thing that you're harping on to try and make me look evil.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

How's that "Super cold" with blood clots going?
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

There are reports that Joe Rogan's doctor treated up to 200 members of congress with Invermectin. We deserve to know who they were.

(10-27-2021, 04:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There are reports that Joe Rogan's doctor treated up to 200 members of congress with Invermectin. We deserve to know who they were.

Who reported this?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-27-2021, 04:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 04:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: There are reports that Joe Rogan's doctor treated up to 200 members of congress with Invermectin. We deserve to know who they were.

Who reported this?

Apparently not providing attribution has become a thing.

There are reports that 3 mosquitos were injected with the vaccine and those 3 mosquitos bit multiple people and gave them the vaccine without their knowledge. This could be a trend going forward.

(10-27-2021, 11:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(10-27-2021, 10:42 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Hey FSG,

Have you heard anything new about the NovaVax vaccine? Whether it's even viable or just a pipe dream? I think a lot of people reluctant to take an mRNA vaccine would take the NovaVax if it actually does as advertised. I'm not "in the know" on these types of things and would assume a new vaccine would be something the healthcare industry would be looking at very intently.

It's certainly viable. The difference from the other vaccines is that NovaVax contains the spike protein rather than forcing the body to produce it. We currently have the mRNAs and then J&J, AstraZeneca and Sputnik who use vector/adenovirus where both types force the body to first create the spike protein, so having a more traditional vaccine would almost certainly persuade those who are uncertain about the newer delivery platforms. My understanding is that Nova is currently having production/development problems where they can't get the purity levels up over the required 90%, but if they can do that then they should be on their way.

This is the route I will go if/when I decide to get a CoVid vaccine. Not a fan of artificially tricking the body to produce antibodies, ala the mRna route. This seems to be about as 'natural' as a vaccine could be expected to perform, and the methodology seems consistent with past successful vaccines. And it's at 91% efficacy, based on the study in the link. I'm hoping this one isn't killed off by the big money that Pfizer and J&J could use for a disinformation campaign against it.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-rel...s-covid-19
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

The current vaccine wasn't made for the delta variant because it hadn't happened yet so logic says that's why it's not (as) effective against delta as opposed to alpha. Plus, delta was hella contagious. I hope we don't see anything like that, or worse, again.

(10-27-2021, 04:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Damn dude, since when does "lowered" translate to "non-existent"? Because for a significant period of time the vaccines offer reductions in transmission regardless of the increased or more rapid erosion created by Delta compared to Alpha. As I've been saying. even though you keep trying to say it doesn't say that but says some other thing that you're harping on to try and make me look evil.

I never said non-existent. I specifically stated that the vaccination does not PREVENT the spread of covid. You said it reduced it, and I am saying not by enough to fire 4% of your work force. This study confirms my position that, even though it does reduce transmission of Covid, it's predominantly in the elderly, for the first 3 months (before dropping off to nearly 0), and doesn't affect the work place. So, who cares that it reduces it a little. That's not my point. The point is you shouldn't be firing anyone. It's not a scientific position. It's a liability decision. 

I never said you were evil. I just think you're being a nincompoop whose short-sighted decisions are directly and indirectly hurting healthcare. Honestly, I'd be shocked if these types of hair-brained decisions weren't hurting your hospitals bottom line.

Speaking of nincompoops, here's my spirit animal on Fauci.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r36rOtXvHtI

(10-27-2021, 04:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Who reported this?

StroudCrowd1
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Florida now has the lowest COVID Case rate in the United States. All without mask mandates, vaccine coercion or lockdowns.

#SCIENCE

Now the media is discrediting that stat because Covid is seasonal, and Florida already had it's season. It's not fair to compare the two. Huh... where was this kind of reasoning 2 months ago when Florida policies were killing kids? Oh yeah... didn't fit the narrative.

(10-28-2021, 08:10 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Now the media is discrediting that stat because Covid is seasonal, and Florida already had it's season. It's not fair to compare the two. Huh... where was this kind of reasoning 2 months ago when Florida policies were killing kids? Oh yeah... didn't fit the narrative.

It all stems from them being scared to death of Ron in 2024. Truth amd reason were tossed out the window long ago.

DeSantis won’t run in 2024. He’s still young and has plenty of time to wait for the shadow of Donald Trump to move along. Plus he has his wife’s illness to contend with and no one knows how serious it is.

(10-28-2021, 08:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-28-2021, 08:10 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Now the media is discrediting that stat because Covid is seasonal, and Florida already had it's season. It's not fair to compare the two. Huh... where was this kind of reasoning 2 months ago when Florida policies were killing kids? Oh yeah... didn't fit the narrative.

It all stems from them being scared to death of Ron in 2024. Truth amd reason were tossed out the window long ago.
Dude. I hope Ron runs in 2024.

I think a lot of people have no issue with Ron or republicans in general. It’s Trump and Trump alone that many dislike. 

So it’s not being “scared to death of Ron”.