Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Monroe Traded

lol palmer and gabbert are gonna get killed this weekend. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gene Smith. So will we even be extending anyone Gene drafted in the first two rounds?

Touché, point taken.

Can't expect Caldwell to make Gene mistakes, atleast not for another couple drafts ha.

Quote: 

Heres what rotoworld says: (seems to back up what most of us are saying) i.e. Ozzie schooled Caldwell....

per rotoworld: 

<div>Eugene Monroe - T - Ravens

A source tells the Florida Times Union that the Jags will get 2014 fourth- and fifth-round picks from the Ravens in exchange for Eugene Monroe.

It's another savvy move from Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome. Monroe will provide stability on Joe Flacco's blindside and allow them to use Bryant McKinnie as a swing tackle. Baltimore is expected to get supplemental picks in the fourth and fifth rounds anyway, stemming from all their free-agency losses (Paul Kruger, Dannell Ellerbe, Cary Williams).
</div>

Rotoworld also originally (and later changed) said that Schiano needed to learn that he wasn't coaching college anymore, he was coaching in the AFC South. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Caldwells going to be worse then smith and Harris combined. I hope I'm wrong but some of these moves are just mind blowing a 4th and 5th for top 10 LT ...... Smh

I know, its scary when you think about it....

Combine that with him deeming Marcedes as one of the core going forward and you are starting to see some incompetence.

Quote:Rotoworld also originally (and later changed) said that Schiano needed to learn that he wasn't coaching college anymore, he was coaching in the AFC South. 
So? They were correct... Schiano does need to realize that. They made a very small fact (AFC instead of NFC) that has nothing to do with the actual point of the statement.

Quote:Rotoworld also originally (and later changed) said that Schiano needed to learn that he wasn't coaching college anymore, he was coaching in the AFC South. 

just about the equivalent of a typo, you mean?... NFC South/ AFC South

Has it been announced yet?

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 12:29 PM by Mr Sensible.)

Quote:Why is everyone writing off picks from 4th round and beyond as if they aren't capable of playing in the NFL? I mean of course better talent is at the beginning of the draft but there is still some quality players in these late rounds.

Nobody is writing anoyone off, but really, how likely is it that either of these picks will be as good as Monroe?

http://www.draftmetrics.com/files/draft101.pdf

According to this, the chance of any draft pick regardless of round starting for 3 years is 30% I'm guessing that figure is much higer for those taken early and much lower for those taken late.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

It's a a better move for Baltimore considering what they gave up and also what TMD jus posted, but I'm still glad we got something for him while we could.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 12:26 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Quote:just about the equivalent of a typo, you mean?... NFC South/ AFC South

Unless you hunt-and-peck type (in which case you really don't have any excuse) N and A are typed with different hands.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:just about the equivalent of a typo, you mean?... NFC South/ AFC South
lol People seem to wanna just bash you for no reason on here. Bad rep you got apparently.

Quote:Unless you hunt-and-peck type (in which case you really don't have any excuse) N and A are typed with different hands.  
WHO CARES?!

Quote: 

Heres what rotoworld says: (seems to back up what most of us are saying) i.e. Ozzie schooled Caldwell....

First of all, RW goes out of their way to bash the Jags in virtually every blurb so take their commentary on the reporting with a large grain of salt.

Second, of course it was a savvy move for Baltimore. They are contenders got a big upgrade at LT and get the first crack at giving him a big extension. The Jags are rebuilding and Monroe basically admitted there was no way he was going to resign last night. Dave shopped him around and took the best offer there was. 

Everything isn't black and white, win/win deals are real...and all indications are this will be a win/win.

Quote:Caldwells going to be worse then smith and Harris combined.

Great take

;

;

Quote:Unless you hunt-and-peck type (in which case you really don't have any excuse) N and A are typed with different hands.  

comprehension....I said the "equivalent" of a typo....

One 4th and one 5th rounder.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

So TMD, you are saying Caldwell is going to be a bad GM, correct?  I just want to be clear so you don't flip flop back and forth.

Quote:I know, its scary when you think about it....

Combine that with him deeming Marcedes as one of the core going forward and you are starting to see some incompetence.

Worse than Gene Smith? That's pushing it. A lot of people are freaking out a little too much. We aren't winning more than 2 games this season anyway. We just got 2 more draft picks with more to come. If he doesn't draft Bridgewater then il be concerned but right now I like the vision.

As far as Marcedes, I think he's gone at the end of the season. I know Caldwell said he's part of the plans, but he also preaches consistency and that's the complete opposite of Lewis.

I'm giving Caldwell the next draft to make a final opinion on him, but I actually like what he's doing.
Shock the world

For giving Monroe's final 12 games as a Jag, we got a fourth and fifth as well as Teddy Bridgewater and more cap room.

Quote:So TMD, you are saying Caldwell is going to be a bad GM, correct?  I just want to be clear so you don't flip flop back and forth.

If his moves/ decisions thus far are an indication of future performance, then - yeah - he will be bad.